What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Lol are u kidding me? You are actually comparing KFFL to Roberts?

Roberts has apparently signed with Broncos even though they have no cap space left so expect to see them let go some players...

Really pissed off I think we really needed someone like him.

Yeah I too expect him to sign with Broncos. They (Broncos) are doing a good job of reigniting my early 90's hate for them.

TBH before this season, I hadn't heard too much about Roberts, now he is worth 600k? Let's remember it wasn't too long ago we let go of Morris because we didn't think he was worth 700k. As good as roberts is, he hasn't achived half of what Morris has.

Anyway I think our recruiting is done for next season, and I'm fairly happy about our recruits for next year.

dragonsben

Juniors
Yeah I too expect him to sign with Broncos. They (Broncos) are doing a good job of reigniting my early 90's hate for them.

TBH before this season, I hadn't heard too much about Roberts, now he is worth 600k? Let's remember it wasn't too long ago we let go of Morris because we didn't think he was worth 700k. As good as roberts is, he hasn't achived half of what Morris has.

Anyway I think our recruiting is done for next season, and I'm fairly happy about our recruits for next year.

I had hope as I believed Broncos couldn't afford him. Obviously they have used their 3rd party payments very well.

I wonder if we gave Roberts Lafais money as well would he have signed. that would have been a lot of money yes but I do believe he is worth it. Especially in a couple of years. Him at fb would have been unbelievable good for us.

He's a lot better than Morris, I think anyone that saw him play last year would think so too, and considering he was doing it at the Titans.

TruSaint

Referee
I had hope as I believed Broncos couldn't afford him. Obviously they have used their 3rd party payments very well.

I wonder if we gave Roberts Lafais money as well would he have signed. that would have been a lot of money yes but I do believe he is worth it. Especially in a couple of years. Him at fb would have been unbelievable good for us.

He's a lot better than Morris, I think anyone that saw him play last year would think so too, and considering he was doing it at the Titans.

500k x 3 years apparently... we offered more..
TPA's anybody ?

rainman44

Bench
If anyone should be pissed it should be headed towards the Nrl, they just keep letting the teams that cheat keep on cheating.

blacksafake

First Grade

:lol:

TruSaint

Referee

2 clubs have sacked him.
He had a gun year last year.
And he's worth what ? 7-800k per year ? Pass.

since77

Juniors
He's a lot better than Morris, I think anyone that saw him play last year would think so too, and considering he was doing it at the Titans.[/QUOTE]

Huh?

:crazy:

mickeylane

Bench
Couple of lads on JA suggesting 3 years to the Broncos.
Time will tell.

Apparently just reported on Fox that all 3 clubs (Dragons, Broncos, Souths) have till 9am tomorrow to submit their offers - no clubs have submitted offers as yet,.

Not sure where all the 3 year deals yo Broncos is coming from.. Broncos would have to shed 2 players at least to squeeze him in at $500k.. So it could become a Burgess saga where contract won't be registered till cap is in order..

What I dont understand if he goes to Broncos - where did the "I want to play Full Back" desire go?

I still think Dugan, Benji, Widdop, Etc and FB position is a draw card for Roberts - plus it seems that Daley And MARY are close - Daley might have had a chat to Roberts about playing Fullback for a Dragons could open up a NSw spot w Dugan moving to centres now bring confirmed...

Last edited:

Lethal25

Juniors
I still think Dugan, Benji, Widdop, Etc and FB position is a draw card for Roberts - plus it seems that Daley And MARY are close - Daley might have had a chat to Roberts about playing Fullback for a Dragons could open up a NSw spot w Dugan moving to centres now bring confirmed...

You'd hope Mary would have used this resource, origin is 50k per game now if I recall correctly (and why Gallen won't retire). That could be our TPA avenue!

Cruisin_Dugan

Juniors

You must not have watched too much footy last year .. his speed combined with power, agility and overall talent is unmatched in Rugby league.

Sadly, i think the broncos are just getting their buddies to get 3rd party $$$ together for him.

Cruisin_Dugan

Juniors
2 clubs have sacked him.
He had a gun year last year.
And he's worth what ? 7-800k per year ? Pass.

Where is 7-800k coming from? by all reports he was on 300k and is asking upto 500k per year (well worth it in my opinion) He may get 700k with Broncos TPA added on top ...

Dragon66

Juniors
Anyone who doubts Robert's value take a look at this!

As Dino would say - Speed, and more speed!

Whatever it takes is what I think. As a fullback he would be unstoppable. With Roberts in our backline it is not hard to imagine the Dragons been a top four side in 2016.

Here's where we need Bruce Gordon to show his love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dmDyRuIl1I

TruSaint

Referee
Where is 7-800k coming from? by all reports he was on 300k and is asking upto 500k per year (well worth it in my opinion) He may get 700k with Broncos TPA added on top ...

Read my post again... It was a reply to a poster that suggested we use Lafia's salary together with whatever Jimmy is worth. 300 + 500 = ???

I wonder if we gave Roberts Lafais money as well..... post # 309

bottle

Coach
Read my post again... It was a reply to a poster that suggested we use Lafia's salary together with whatever Jimmy is worth. 300 + 500 = ???

I wonder if we gave Roberts Lafais money as well..... post # 309

Slow down, I'm trying to add that up.
3.... plus 5.....

I'll get back to you.