What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

james segeyaro and other recruits

Kilkenny

Coach
Don't be niave guys. There is no doubt the club would seriously consider off loading some of our stars currently on ridiculous contracts entered into f rom our previous management team. If the Eels, Dragons, Tigers and Co are prepared to take on the bulk of the existing contracts of the likes of Jennings, McKendry and one or two others then they will be released in my opinion. I suspect there will be movement out of our club and the next couple of months will be interesting to see who is moved on. What we need to do as a supporter group is support the painful decisions ahead, should and when they happen, for the long term good. I just have the gut feeling there has to be some 'pain' ahead given all the new recruits coming into the club.

Tone83

Juniors
Prophetic stuff there kilkenny. I honestly think they should hold onto jennings though, I think he will come to life off the back.of segeyaro's energy and creativity. Lots of other fat to trim.

Big Mick

Referee
If we trim McKendry and then the 10 guys who wont be required coming off contract after this year - Ciraldo, Galea, Smith, Kingston, Newton etc that should free up a lot of flexibility in order to upgrade contracts to promising juniors but also to go after a big name.

Bob

Juniors
If we trim McKendry and then the 10 guys who wont be required coming off contract after this year - Ciraldo, Galea, Smith, Kingston, Newton etc that should free up a lot of flexibility in order to upgrade contracts to promising juniors but also to go after a big name.
Don't see them trimming McKendry, he's just been named as the new HERTZ ambassador

http://www.westernweekender.com.au/index.php/sport/1164-panthers-name-sleeve-test
Panthers name sleeve sponsor

DetailsPublished on Tuesday, 20 November 2012 15:08 Written by Troy Dodds The Penrith Panthers have announced Hertz has signed on as the club?s sleeve sponsor for the 2013 and 2014 NRL seasons.

Panthers star Sam McKendry will represent the club as the ambassador for this growing partnership.
?The Penrith Panthers are very excited to join into a partnership with Hertz, a truly global company offering a brand that is recognised in over 140 countries worldwide and in Australia are present in over 220 locations nationally," Head of Business development for the Panthers Group, Justin Pascoe said.

?It is an exciting time here at the Panthers, as we focus on strategically growing this brand into a true national brand. Partnering with Hertz will allow both companies to leverage the brand equity that exists and use targeted activation programs to ensure both companies meet their objectives in this partnership.?

The news was also welcomed by Penrith Panthers General Manager of Rugby League, Phil Moss.

?Hertz has been partnered with the Panthers in the Penrith area for the past decade. The football club is proud to be extending this relationship nationally, and we look forward to representing Hertz as we take to the field over the next two years," he said.
The Region Vice President and Managing Director of Hertz Australasia, Chris Rusden, welcomed the opportunity to build upon the relationship with the Penrith Panthers after 10 years of support at a local level.

?Hertz is a global organisation with a strong presence in the key markets of Australia and New Zealand where rugby league is played, and support for the game is high,? Mr Rusden said.

?Hertz is delighted to part of the Panthers team for the next two seasons. We wish them well and look forward to becoming a winning partnership.?

franklin2323

Immortal
Don't see them trimming McKendry, he's just been named as the new HERTZ ambassador

You wouldn't think the last 2 Captains would get the chop either!!

Grant, McKendry, Coote and Jennings are getting massive overs. We can't change that they have to get paid. Using them in this sort of role atleast gets them doing something extra for the extra Payments

franklin2323

Immortal

Yeah. Kingston aside the rest of the them won't be near the top 17. Easily replaced with minimum wage players and a big signing or a few decent signings

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah. Kingston aside the rest of the them won't be near the top 17. Easily replaced with minimum wage players and a big signing or a few decent signings

You would have to think Gould is well aware already who will not be offered contracts beyond 2013 from those you mention. Gould's planning is clearly two and three years ahead, not just 2013.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Do you guys rate Sam Anderson as a chance off securing a starting spot in the 17 ?

Interesting player, is only on a one year contract. It appears that gus and Ivan rate him as they tried to get him last year. I don't think he will be in the first 17 at the start of the season but as the year progresses, with injuries, state of origin etc He will get his chance in the back half of the year. He is only 21 so plenty of time for him to impress.

abpanther

Staff member
Already dont like what im hearing from Cleary. Lewis Brown competing for centre spot, Naiqama competing for fullback position

*sigh*

Big Mick

Referee
Already dont like what im hearing from Cleary. Lewis Brown competing for centre spot, Naiqama competing for fullback position

*sigh*

Wes was always brought here to compete for fullback and not sure how much you have watched Wes but when he actually did play there was very good. That wouldn't be the worst outcome at all to be honest.

It is if he is playing centre that I would be concerned. Keiran Moss, Matt Moylan, Josh Mansour, James Roberts etc will all surely be in line....it is just them proving themselves in the trials.

As for Brown I think he'll be centre until one of the younger kids mature and then he'll move back to the back row.

But from memory when he played centre for Cleary...he got selected for NZ there...

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Wes was always brought here to compete for fullback and not sure how much you have watched Wes but when he actually did play there was very good. That wouldn't be the worst outcome at all to be honest.

It is if he is playing centre that I would be concerned. Keiran Moss, Matt Moylan, Josh Mansour, James Roberts etc will all surely be in line....it is just them proving themselves in the trials.

As for Brown I think he'll be centre until one of the younger kids mature and then he'll move back to the back row.

But from memory when he played centre for Cleary...he got selected for NZ there...

Ummmmm, common sense has no place in this forum!

franklin2323

Immortal
Ummmmm, common sense has no place in this forum!

So you would be comfortable with a stop gap fullback rather then working towards the future??

We will never improve if we keep using stop gap options like this. It's why we are always rebuilding. We have plenty of options that could be great players better off developing them.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
I won't get worked up about potential teams until we have the round 1 team named. Using the 2015 target we are told about Naiqama will be 33. Brown who is too slow for centre now will be 28.

We need match winners in those position Roberts, Satini etc need to develop. They won't develop if they don't play 1st grade. Naiqama will serve a purpose as he can play a few positions.

Not playing Naiqama & co won't cost as a premiership this year but might win us 1 in the near future. That should be the aim.

penrithmob 65

Juniors
I think you all are forgetting the most important of our teams the windsor wolvs.We will field our strongest team each week this year no matter who gets selected for first grade up the wolves

Luke Bowden

First Grade
So you would be comfortable with a stop gap fullback rather then working towards the future??

We will never improve if we keep using stop gap options like this. It's why we are always rebuilding. We have plenty of options that could be great players better off developing them.

Nope, I'm comfortable with playing our best 17, if wes is our best fullback, play him at fullback until someone comes along and out performs him.

penrithmob 65

Juniors
If he is our best fullback then we are in a lot of trouble moylan deserves a shot but not sure from the cleary quotes he is even in the picture

mxlegend99

Referee
Deadset... Wes at fullback, Walsh still the number one half. That's half our spine that should be playing reserve grade. Throw in Coote as still learning, and Kingston as having declined pretty quickly IMO and it's easy to see why we are wooden spoon favorites. It's the weakest spine in the NRL.

If we are serious about rebuilding, we shouldn't be sticking with proven failures and should give others a chance. We have far more promising players at the club that just need a chance to show what they can do. James Roberts and Matt Moylan at fullback. Humble, Taumata, Austin etc. to partner Coote in the halves.

They might not be successful straight away. But I can't see them being any worse and we will atleast be building for them to slot into our kick ass 2014 team.

Latest posts