What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne

nick87

Coach
One issue with him is because he runs upright he's not gonna be used as a short yardage back. His first carry in the second half where it was 2nd and 2 and he only got 1 yard he really should've got that one, need to lower his pad level and just hit it up there.

I'm sure it will come with experience, but at this stage he's much better in space

Yeah he's still struggling with some of the technique stuff. That 1 yard run was not pretty at all. But he's had another strong game.

Cletus

First Grade
This is just amazing stuff.... I thought he'd give it a shake but nothing like this.

Couldn't be happier for him

Yeah it is, I thought he might make it after a couple of seasons but I thought he was no hope this year. And he's absolutely killing it as well, not just scraping in.

legend

Coach
I've never seen this forum with so many visitors. Hahaha!

Good on Hayne though. I was talking to my son yesterday and like me, he's a Broncos fan in the NFL. I asked him if he wanted a D Thomas jersey when I go over later this year and he said "nah dad, can I get a Hayne one please?" He follows the Eels here so in this case, I will allow it.

Be nice to know how his jersey is tracking sales wise compared to the big name sellers like Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson etc.

18to87

Coach
#NFLSuperHumanAthletes

#Haynewillnevermakeit

I think the book is shut on him in open space. He is at NFL level with a unique skill set and appears to have locked down a punt returner job.

As a RB is yet to be determined but for a guy playing his first few games he is doing exceptionally well.

legend

Coach
NFL Scouts will be over here in our off-season trialling some of the better NRL players who have a chance of making it in the NFL.

Wighton, Taumololo, GI (if fit), RTS and maybe a few kickers as they have a very long shelf life in the NFL.

Someone

Bench

Good on Hayne though. I was talking to my son yesterday and like me, he's a Broncos fan in the NFL. I asked him if he wanted a D Thomas jersey when I go over later this year and he said "nah dad, can I get a Hayne one please?" He follows the Eels here so in this case, I will allow it.

Be nice to know how his jersey is tracking sales wise compared to the big name sellers like Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Wilson etc.

If he makes the final squad and plays regularly I will be watching a lot more NFL. and a lot of 49ers games. I usually only watch the super bowl.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
We should have done that to the players that could not make it. They are still world class athletes, regardless of whether they are undrafted or players cut.

He's a beast.

I'd rather the next Hayne stay in the NRL though. Scouts will definitely be looking closely though, GI five years ago would have killed it IMO.

nick87

Coach
NFL Scouts will be over here in our off-season trialling some of the better NRL players who have a chance of making it in the NFL.

Wighton, Taumololo, GI (if fit), RTS and maybe a few kickers as they have a very long shelf life in the NFL.

I dont think they'll start with those guys... id be more concerned about them going after the Latrell Mitchell's of the NRL world.

I like NFL more than NRL, so i hope they do and i hope we see a few of them go over and try their hand.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I dont think they'll start with those guys... id be more concerned about them going after the Latrell Mitchell's of the NRL world.

I like NFL more than NRL, so i hope they do and i hope we see a few of them go over and try their hand.

Yeah I am the same.

I find the NRL enjoyable but just not in the same league as the NFL. That is my favorite sport.

gUt

Coach

I've always been a SF48'ers fan you guys! Not one of these bandwagoners...

Honestly though I'd have thought Konrad Hurrell would be a prospect for an NFL team?

gUt

Coach
I'm also interested in how many, if any, failed NFL players would want to try their luck in RL.

andrew057

First Grade
The trouble is:
Hyde, Bush, Davis, Hunter and Hayne...

that's 5 guys, no way they keep more than 4, they'll keep 4 if they like Hayne enough as a KR/PR... but Davis and Hunter still loom large.

Eh, doesn't matter. Even if the 49ers are silly enough to cut him, he's shown more than enough to be picked up by another team. Injury will be the only thing that stops him getting a roster spot now.

abpanther

Staff member
Eh, doesn't matter. Even if the 49ers are silly enough to cut him, he's shown more than enough to be picked up by another team. Injury will be the only thing that stops him getting a roster spot now.

Yeah he's made the roster barring injury

Cletus

First Grade
He's a beast.

I'd rather the next Hayne stay in the NRL though. Scouts will definitely be looking closely though, GI five years ago would have killed it IMO.

I think GI would be great in the NFL but I don't think he would transition as well as Hayne has, Hayne has had an interest in NFL for a long time so he at least understood the game a little before he moved over.

I think there will be a lot of scouts looking at younger players trying to get them over to the college system.

How does the contract system work in the NFL? Does he have to sign some sort of rookie contract or can he get bonuses/incentives in his contract?

legend

Coach
Hurrell doesn't have the skill or determination to make it in the NFL. He's lazy and I doubt any team would waste their time on him.

legend

Coach
GI is too old to make it IMO and has too may pre-existing injuries. He has the size and skill but I think he has passed the tipping point, age wise.