What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne

18to87

Coach
He is looking great. Appears PR job is his to lose. Would be an absolute PR disaster now for him to be cut. If he avoids fumbling he is a lock.

abpanther

Staff member
I don't think there's any way he doesn't make the roster as a kick returner, that first catch was awesome

Davis was always gonna get carries ahead of him, he has looked good also

Hayne will make this team as a kick/punt returner first and foremost

nick87

Coach
I don't think there's any way he doesn't make the roster as a kick returner, that first catch was awesome

The trouble is:
Hyde, Bush, Davis, Hunter and Hayne...

that's 5 guys, no way they keep more than 4, they'll keep 4 if they like Hayne enough as a KR/PR... but Davis and Hunter still loom large.

nöyd

Staff member
if he dips his head and drills that punter square in the chest he goes all the way

just watched that return on twitter 1000 times, got goosebumps every time

Cletus

First Grade

Yeah I think he was always going to be a kick returner rather than running back. Hopefully he can get a spot and develop his game over the next few years. Such a great story and he's scary in broken play, I can see the 49ers passing up on him.

Sleep

Juniors
HAHAH. What a flipping player.

That is two awesome returns in the one game.

Spewing I do not know how to stream Game Pass onto my TV. Massive 70inch looking at me whilst I use a Samsung Tab 10.1

Get yourself a Chromecast big fella. Then you can just beam your tablet/phone to the TV via the app. Easy peasey.

abpanther

Staff member
The trouble is:
Hyde, Bush, Davis, Hunter and Hayne...

that's 5 guys, no way they keep more than 4, they'll keep 4 if they like Hayne enough as a KR/PR... but Davis and Hunter still loom large.

They'll keep him as a KR/PR

nick87

Coach
Dallas punting OOB now, which is a good sign
Hopefully hayne gets some carries soon, and we can see him in action there

abpanther

Staff member
There you go he's already off punt return duties

Expect to see him get plenty of carries in the second half, he's been making some great catches in TC, be nice to see him targeted on a wheel route or something like that