What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne

Glen

Bench
Social media is going into meltdown over the guy. This is some exciting shit haha.

Hopefully he has been solid outside of the highlight clips. Broken field running has always been his best asset so it's not surprising watching him glide and step around the field. His vision seems very good though

nick87

Coach
GI is too old to make it IMO and has too may pre-existing injuries. He has the size and skill but I think he has passed the tipping point, age wise.

Agreed.
If he grew up playing that game, i have no doubt he'd be a star but at this stage of his career, just cant see it.

The main reason i felt Hayne wouldnt make it was his age, and he's only 26.

kurt faulk

Coach

hayne has looked fantastic. finished with close to 7 yards a pop. for a guy that never played before he's doing an outstanding job.

but when he faces the rams in the regular season he's gonna get a pounding on the kick returns. he better take a fair catch.

beave

Coach
So stoked for him!!!!

Great shit! Might make a few of our country men appreciate thr NFL and embrace it.

nöyd

Staff member
had to laugh at some of the twitter comments by septics, especially cowboy fans.

"But it's only against 2nd or 3rd string defense..."

"Dude our first string defense is just as shit..."

and on it goes...

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Yeah, all up. He contributed everytime he was on the field. He added something, which is what the coaches want to see. 53 man squad, having a guy that can play both special teams and RB is an added bonus, having someone play them as well as Hayne did is a sure thing to make the team.

Regardless of the fact that Hayne had never played a professional or even semi-professional game before last week is irrelevant. His stats would impress quite a few people. He can only get better.

Canard

Immortal
But wait on?? Only superhuman nobel science prize winning people can play the NFL?

You have to be Olympic level and above and have NASA level intelligence??

Peter Fitzsimmons is going to be pissed!

T.S Quint

Coach
Social media is going into meltdown over the guy. This is some exciting shit haha.

Hopefully he has been solid outside of the highlight clips. Broken field running has always been his best asset so it's not surprising watching him glide and step around the field. His vision seems very good though

He was ok.
He had a couple of short runs where he really should have picked up a first down, but he seems to hesitate a bit when getting to the line. Looks like he wants to step or spin around them instead of just powering through. He did say in his interview after the game that he needs to learn to lower his pads and run, so it's something he's aware of and can work on.

He took one snap defending a punt return. He was the first player to the returner. He missed the tackle, but he slowed the returner down enough for his teammates to get him down for no yardage.

andrew057

First Grade
But wait on?? Only superhuman nobel science prize winning people can play the NFL?

You have to be Olympic level and above and have NASA level intelligence??

Peter Fitzsimmons is going to be pissed!

Not so much this forum, but its great to see other NFL elitists eating their words.

kurt faulk

Coach

i don't understand why people come to this forum to call out people who ragged on hayne. why don't they do it in the forums they read all that stuff.

abpanther

Staff member

i don't understand why people come to this forum to call out people who ragged on hayne. why don't they do it in the forums they read all that stuff.

I was gonna post exactly the same thing and then I thought better to just ignore them

Pierced Soul

First Grade
so can NFL fans tell me how he's been outside the hype? looking at his clips it looks likes he's carving them up which is great. i can see all the statistics saying he's made x amount of yards from punt returns etc, is what he's doing good comparatively to what you'd expect from the starting players (not necessarily superstars)?

he's looked good from what i can see, but i dont know the game so dont know if he's surprising people cos he's an aussie and no one expected it, or whether he's looking good cos he is good.

abpanther

Staff member
As a punt returner he looks great, he's got above average hands compared to most returners, he's doing a great job of making the first man miss and getting upfield on his returns.

As a RB I think he looks much better on the stretch/outside runs than in between the tackles. He's still running with a high pad level so he struggles inside to lower the boom and move the pile. His big runs have been to the outside where he can follow a blocker, plant and head upfield. He's doing a great job with the stiff arms haha

nick87

Coach
so can NFL fans tell me how he's been outside the hype? looking at his clips it looks likes he's carving them up which is great. i can see all the statistics saying he's made x amount of yards from punt returns etc, is what he's doing good comparatively to what you'd expect from the starting players (not necessarily superstars)?

he's looked good from what i can see, but i dont know the game so dont know if he's surprising people cos he's an aussie and no one expected it, or whether he's looking good cos he is good.

He looks absolutely fantastic in the return game. Like a potential pro bowler in that area. Which is pretty great.

In terms of running at the line, he's flashed some really big play potential, when he gets a hole he's decisive and quick to hit it and get up field, which is great, he can make guys miss in the open field, which is not surprising...

If there is a issue, its when there isnt a clear hole, he struggles to read the blocks, looks indecisive and hesitant. Which you expect from a guy with his level of experience. He still runs too high, needs to keep working on technique in lowering his pad level so he can power through for extra yards in traffic. He might struggle as a between the tackles RB

Havent seen anything from his as a pass catching back in game (he's been good in camp though), and his pass protection looks ordinary.

Latest posts