What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne

Frederick

Staff member
Can't wait to get madden this week. Gonna trade Hayne to the steelers and watch him get league MVP haha

abpanther

Staff member
Man he did a really nice job of transitioning the football and giving a nice stiff arm on that big run

nick87

Coach
Man he did a really nice job of transitioning the football and giving a nice stiff arm on that big run

The run itself was IMO, much better than his 50 yarder last week. He was decisive, hit the hole, stiff armed a defender and showed speed to get the edge. Great stuff.

He's proving me and a lot of others wrong. And i couldnt be happier about it!
Hopefully this leads to the next Hayne heading over then at 18-19-20, instead of 26.

abpanther

Staff member
One issue with him is because he runs upright he's not gonna be used as a short yardage back. His first carry in the second half where it was 2nd and 2 and he only got 1 yard he really should've got that one, need to lower his pad level and just hit it up there.

I'm sure it will come with experience, but at this stage he's much better in space

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Okay guys get the Madden ratings in now.

Actual Rating would be something like - 67 OVR, 85 spd.

I would rate him at approx a 75 OVR, with 90 spd.

Seriously though, a bloke with limited experience in the sport doing what he is doing is unbelievable. It is TEBOW fever...but better hahah.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
One issue with him is because he runs upright he's not gonna be used as a short yardage back. His first carry in the second half where it was 2nd and 2 and he only got 1 yard he really should've got that one, need to lower his pad level and just hit it up there.

I'm sure it will come with experience, but at this stage he's much better in space

Same thing with the Kicker. He should have run over the punter. Stayed upright and the punter jumped on him.

The lowest man will win.

shiznit

Coach
Just amazing from Hayne... He's definitely going to be playing in the NFL this season.

Even if for some stupid reason the 49ers cut him... There's no way in hell your going to be able to stash him in the practice squad.

He will be picked up by SOMEONE...

Interesting dilemma for the 49ers though... Normally they would start cutting the first teamers reps back over the next 2 pre-season games... But Hayne is a special case...

These are his only games of football ever... The more gametime the better you would think... But you don't want to risk injury..