What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne

skeepe

Immortal
I'm going to be in San Francisco on September 14th. Now to convince my boss that the 49ers game would be a better use of my time than a networking function...

Danish

Referee
I've been cheering him on ??? Why would we put the boot in. Are you taking crazy pills again Danish.

The fact you have decided to get on trolley now that he is doing what he was clearly capable of doesn't mean you wouldn't have been basking in the "I told you so" glory if things went the other way

Is be interested to hear what genuine idiot posters like Ron Jeremy would have to say about the last couple weeks' entertainment though

kurt faulk

Coach
The fact you have decided to get on trolley now that he is doing what he was clearly capable of doesn't mean you wouldn't have been basking in the "I told you so" glory if things went the other way

Is be interested to hear what genuine idiot posters like Ron Jeremy would have to say about the last couple weeks' entertainment though

Why would you Care what that bozo has to say?

He's probably been dreaming all offseason about Tom Brady sitting on his face so he can toss his salad.

Danish

Referee
Why would you Care what that bozo has to say?

He's probably been dreaming all offseason about Tom Brady sitting on his face so he can toss his salad.

Mainly because he was he man leading the "NFL players are superhuman genius athlete scientists" brigade, and he was dead serious about it. So whatever excuses he'd have to pull out now would make for funny reading

ram raid

Bench
OK, so I'm just trying to understand the rules ... you can only throw the ball forward once ... but aftwards you can throw the ball bacckwards just like in NRL ... but it just isn't done because they put so much emphasis on holding onto the ball in NFL. IN NFL the call backwards passed "laterals" ... here is an example:

[youtube]watch?v=_Wj1nmIaSd4[/youtube]

Firey_Dragon

Coach
OK, so I'm just trying to understand the rules ... you can only throw the ball forward once ... but aftwards you can throw the ball bacckwards just like in NRL ... but it just isn't done because they put so much emphasis on holding onto the ball in NFL. IN NFL the call backwards passed "laterals" ... here is an example:

[youtube]watch?v=_Wj1nmIaSd4[/youtube]

FYI you can throw the ball forward after as many passes as you like, as long as you aren't in front of the line of scrimmage.

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore

I'd feel bad for him if it didn't work out. Can't question Haynes heart and I quite like him. One of my favourite non raiders players.

I've been hoping he goes well since the start. Especially after he got a gig at the niners who need all the help they can get lol. I just thought he would struggle against guys who have been playing the game since childhood.

18to87

Coach
I'd feel bad for him if it didn't work out. Can't question Haynes heart and I quite like him. One of my favourite non raiders players.

I've been hoping he goes well since the start. Especially after he got a gig at the niners who need all the help they can get lol. I just thought he would struggle against guys who have been playing the game since childhood.

His natural world class athletic ability is going to get him on the team as he has shown in punt returns and outside runs. To get significant time at RB he will need to get better at doing the things that the rest have been doing since childhood such as blocking and reading blocks in tight quarters.

shiznit

Coach
One things for sure... If he ends up averaging over 20M per return in the regular season...

If I was Jarryd id be sending my agent in to renegotiate my deal... 100K guaranteed won't quite cut it.

nick87

Coach
Yeah look i don’t think he'll be average that in the regular season.
The ST units are mostly 2nd string at this point and you’d expect with the proper ST’s unit in on regular season action, they’ll be more disciplined on gap control. But he’s still proven he can consistently make the gunner miss, and has shown if the ST coverage is poor, he can make them pay. That’s as good as he can do.
He makes the team he forces the ST to be accountable, because if they are slack, or show poor technique, Hayne will make them pay. That’s all the Niners will want from him

legend

Coach
Doesn't work that way. he has to make the 53 man roster and I believe he would only be entitled to a rookie wage, regardless of where he signed. There is a wage scale in the NFLPA for rookies based on where they are drafted, and he would be classified as an undrafted rookie.

His $$$ will come from endorsements.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
One things for sure... If he ends up averaging over 20M per return in the regular season...

If I was Jarryd id be sending my agent in to renegotiate my deal... 100K guaranteed won't quite cut it.

If he makes the 53 man squad, his salary goes up to around $500k AUD ($360k USD from memory) as that's the minimum wage.

As legend said though, he could make a bucketload in endorsements.

Last edited:

Last Week

Bench
Ok, just got to watch the 49er's second game in full, not just the highlights the media are showing.

I can see what people are saying about him off the ball. He doesn't look genuine and his positioning looks way off.

He hesitates to put his head down and dig into the bodies infront of him. Cost himself a few yards. And finally, I'm not sure if he's nimble enough on his feet. They need to be a bit quicker in movements around the middle to weave around.

Latest posts