What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jdb case

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Dragon

Juniors
George, mate, we have been given cap dispensation. It was reported by Brent Read that a few weeks back it was closer to 280k. Now, as you say, do players want to come under these circumstances ? I don't know. But the longer it took for us to apply for this relief the less we had to spend.
So is this report wrong.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190604-134338_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190604-134338_Chrome.jpg
    455.3 KB · Views: 17

Gareth67

First Grade
Simple question. Why haven't we used the compensation for JDB yet? We are hardly in a position to wait around given the injuries that have compounded this whole sad saga. Can't our officials do anything right anymore?

Unfortunately they seem quite content to wallow in their litany of non- acheviements .

TruSaint

Referee
So is this report wrong.....

No George, you are missing my point.
My comment said they had " dispensation" not " free money ".

Massive difference. Please remember that we haven't even filled a 30 man squad FFS, so please dont tell me the club is in no position to spend a measly 240k ?

Cap dispensation, by definition, means that above the cap we have now, we have been granted the ability to spend "x" amount more. Not the NRL saying " here you go, here's 240k from us ", Why would they ?

qld redvee

Juniors

Massive difference. Please remember that we haven't even filled a 30 man squad FFS, so please dont tell me the club is in no position to spend a measly 240k ?

Cap dispensation, by definition, means that above the cap we have now, we have been granted the ability to spend "x" amount more. Not the NRL saying " here you go, here's 240k from us ", Why would they ?
Tru, Thats it exactly "we " can spend an addoitional 240 k from our wallet !
If jacks case lingers then the club will have to ask for dispensation from November the first as this is when contracts begin . thats why we only got 240 as we had paid him from nov 1 until we claimed

George Dragon

Juniors
View attachment 30239 View attachment 30239

Your original comment said they have been compensated, massive difference.
Now you agree with me.

TruSaint

Referee
Tru, Thats it exactly "we " can spend an addoitional 240 k from our wallet !
If jacks case lingers then the club will have to ask for dispensation from November the first as this is when contracts begin . thats why we only got 240 as we had paid him from nov 1 until we claimed

Correct..

Im not sure what else we can make of the matter other than what you said.

Again, not knowing what has gone on behind the scenes, ( i.e Club and NRL ), and allowing for the "no fault stand down rule" being so new, there are many unknowns...

George Dragon

Juniors
NO George ...
Compensation comes in many forms.

Please don't misinterpret my message. The word compensation in this instance means we can spend MORE.

If, you wish, replace it with " cap relief "..

Clutching at straws.
Being f**ked over by the NRL and told we can spend our money doesnt sound like compensation to me.
Anyway I was trying to point out that fans think we have been given this magical money to spend.
Truth is the club has to come up with it.
You might think its a small amount but considering the club has run at a loss for the last 7 years, maybe they don't have a quarter of a million lying around.
Could be why they were in no rush to claim the relief.

TruSaint

Referee
Being f**ked over by the NRL and told we can spend our money doesnt sound like compensation to me.
Anyway I was trying to point out that fans think we have been given this magical money to spend.
You might think its a small amount but considering the club has run at a loss for the last 7 years, maybe they don't have a quarter of a million lying around.

George,

Respect your passion mate. Take it out on either the NRL or the CLUB.

Do I think 1/4 mil is small chips for an NRL club ? Yes. Especially one that has yet to fill a squad, and if they have been running at a loss for 7 years, then who is to blame ? The NRL. ? Or absolute incompetence, by the club mainly due to on field performances, coaching extensions, and so forth in the 7 tears you mention. Seems to coincide with the period that old useless coach, you know, Bennett left us.

By the way, applying for cap relief didn't mean that had to spend it immediately, ( refer your last sentence ). It means that they put themselves in a position to buy if and when they can. By delaying doing so is derelict. Period.

Carlton

Juniors

Are you talking about the Leagues club or the football club making losses?

And where did you get the information that they have been making losses for the last seven years? I am not sure this is correct.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
A report is a news story written by a reporter.
Try to keep up with the adults.
Trying to help you..

As in, what report did you get that screenshot from..

And given you’re trying to be a smartarse, at least get your comeback right.

possm

Coach
We have not be compensated with money.
The club has been given approval to spend their own money.
I think the club didn't apply at the start of the year because it doesn't have half a million to spare.
They might not have 240k to spend.
Maybe that's why they could be looking at Martin he would only cost 60k.
Just maybe no one want to come to the club..
I understand that the NRL are paying De Belin while he is on stand down and that they have authorised us to use extra cap space to replace De Belin who is still on our books and still held against our cap.

George Dragon

Juniors
George,

Respect your passion mate. Take it out on either the NRL or the CLUB.

Do I think 1/4 mil is small chips for an NRL club ? Yes. Especially one that has yet to fill a squad, and if they have been running at a loss for 7 years, then who is to blame ? The NRL. ? Or absolute incompetence, by the club mainly due to on field performances, coaching extensions, and so forth in the 7 tears you mention. Seems to coincide with the period that old useless coach, you know, Bennett left us.

By the way, applying for cap relief didn't mean that had to spend it immediately, ( refer your last sentence ). It means that they put themselves in a position to buy if and when they can. By delaying doing so is derelict. Period.
Didn't mean it to sound like I was having a go at you.
I agree with most of this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.