What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jealousy

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:crazy:

Women. Can't live with them, cantlive without them.

Alba

Coach
Same goes for bloody men! Well my appointment is tomorrow and this always happens. I start getting things straight in my head and then I feel like I don't need it anymore. When I get there I won't know what to say,then leave thinking everything is cool and it won't be long till i'm emotionally F***** again! So this time i've written everything down .. Don't know what else to do .. As for keeping everything inside, that's what has made me this bad to begin with .. I always had the mentality of taking care of myself, that I am noone else's problem and I get myself into these ruts it's my responsiblity to get myself out of it, but there comes a time when it really is better to let someone else in .. anyyyywayyy

chileman

Coach
Expect a knock on the door in 15 mins (where is Burwood :sarcasm: I think I use to work there) *chile throws in some extra food to appease his Queen Alba*

Alba

Coach
he he ur sucha sweetie .. u so have to cook for me one day! we should do like a big ffb bbq .. and chile can be the chef!

chileman

Coach
:D Just keep me well liquidfied and I'll cook all day ;-)
Hey I did work at Burwood, it was a store back in the 80's called Venture Stores, I was a 3 IC there, was in charge of shoes, ladies wear and lingerie :sarcasm:

man seriously bullsh*t to telling people your feelings , emotions, whats bothering you, whats pissing you off etc ay... i did it today, first time ever, unloaded a lifetime of problems onto the poor bastard and then tried to they attempt psychologise me with lame metaphors 'one door closes another opens' wtf thats got to do with anything and then all they do is drop the same 'its gonna be alright' sh*t even though in the first place you're not looking for attention and love you're looking guidance and solutions, THEN they flipped sh*t on its head so then IM THE PSCYIATRIST(however the f**k its spelt) and them im the one whos somehow comforting them so im stuck emptier than before, extremely long day and alcohol free tonight :blahb: :fist: :evil: :blahb:

f**kING HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Punkess

Juniors
When I was little I hung out with my dog when I was upset. He was all furry so he was like a giant tissue, plus he was a good listener and doesn't bother saying anything because he knew that sometimes you just need to talk and have nobody try to comfort you or say anything (well, either that or he doesn't speak English).

Eelementary

Post Whore
Timmah said:
On the flip side, I'm an emotionally barren 20 year old with a college diploma under my belt and I've been working fulltime for almost a year. I feel quite lost and empty and like I'm struggling to make people happy. Many of those close to me don't realise it's a sh*tty facade I put up (which I'm surprised people don't see right through). Having the Uni and the job down-pact isn't always going to make you happy... and sure, while I have moments where I'm quite stoked with what I've achieved, it still doesn't feel full without someone there to share my joy. That probably contradicts my previous posts in this thread but it's how I feel now.

This is true.

It's just that, in my case, everything went downhill.

One of the top students at my school in year 11 and midway through year 12; people expected big things from me; I was going to be a pathological researcher and cure diseases; I went to Uni, did Med Science and dropped out; halfway through year 12, I just caved and couldn't give a crap any more...

And since then, people think, "Oh - there's the really smart guy who went frorm being a Uni Med student to a drop-out." And they reckon I am no longer the same, smart guy. And they unkniwngly place pressure on me.

And I can't escape this hole I'm in - what do I want to do with my life? I have no idea.

Punkess

Juniors
Well I won't lie, maybe some people think "what happened?" but you shouldn't let that get in the way of things.

In primary & early high school I was doing really well and just got so discouraged and started doing crap at everything. People used to make negative comments about me, and how I was dumb or whatever else they felt like. But, then about 10 weeks before my HSC I decided not to worry about anyone else, because it's not their life. Things have taken a few years to really improve to a point where I'm happy enough, and happy with myself.

I used to feel all sorry for myself, like why won't anyone be happy for me doing well and stuff, but to be honest I don't think most other people really give a sh*t about what I do. I had friends who hated it when I did better than them, because I was like the dumb one and you couldn't do worse than me, and it just sucked heaps. They never actually said it to my face but I heard it anyway. The only person who has stuck around through all of it is my mum, and I don't think it's just cause she has to. But basically what I am saying is that you might think it's nice to share stuff with people, like when you do well or anything, but I think it's all so superficial. I think the feeling of satisfaction and happiness has to be your own.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Maybe (just maybe lol) I over-dramatised it. Although it's true. Family and friends are disappointed because I didn't get a super high UAI.

But, you know. Whatever.

Punkess

Juniors
Yeah the trick is to set low expectations!! Then people are more surprised that you were able to do well

Eelementary

Post Whore
It's actually kind of funny. The school made such a fuss over those that got 90+ - like they were some sort of genius or something.

Punkess

Juniors
Reminds me of how much I hated school... The best part of school was getting sent out of the classroom during maths...

Eelementary

Post Whore
See, for me, the best thing about maths was actually doing it. I love maths.

Why didn't I do 3 unit?

*sigh*