What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings officially offered to rival clubs

bottle

Coach
according to Willow none of this is actually happening because Penrith have not been stupid enough to officially make a statement on the matter... (as if a club would announce it officially...these things often just leak out... intentionally)

Thankyou linesmen, thankyou ballboys.

TheRev

First Grade
yes ive ran into this issue before, taking newspaper articles/interviews at face value.. in this day and age, nobody is honest about anything unless there is no chance of any personal repercussions.

Meaning there is no choice but to read between the lines, factoring in the self-interest of whoever is doing the talking.

Minh

First Grade
Heaps of speculation these days, it's always a source of a source. Managers are shopping players around possibly leaking the information intentionally to drive up their client's prices.

bottle

Coach
Here's the point Rev, no one is saying it isn't likely, or indeed true. We all know where there's smoke there's fire, so there is likely to be a great deal of thruth in it. I think nobody is disputing that. However it is still only rumoured, not official in any sense of the word.

The fact that Weidler expounds a story that is already out there means nought. To lay claim to it being 'official' is simply incorrect. If Red just conceded that he was over enthusiastic with his thread title case closed. However obstinacy seems to be the order of the day. This, plus the fact that so many just buy into the claim that it's 'official' without questioning the bona fides, and then the usual supects use it as fodder to beat the club around the head re their supposed 'inaction'.

As has been said, it should have been questioned from the get go, but gullibility took hold. There seems to be no preparedness to analyse for fact. I blame the education system, it's letting down our youth.

Kids today, what can I say?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
thanks dougie for shedding some light on this and backing up what i have been saying ... but according to Willow none of this is actually happening because Penrith have not been stupid enough to officially make a statement on the matter... (as if a club would announce it officially...these things often just leak out... intentionally)
once more for Willow in simple terms ... now read slowly...
1. Penrith have given permission for jennings to negotiate with other clubs
2. if another club can strike a deal with jennings he is free to leave
3. this sticking point at the moment is that the clubs that have expressed interest only will take jennings if Penrith supplement his salary for the remaining period of his contract as no one want to pay him 600k a season
4. Penrith do not wish to do this, thus a deal with another club is yet to be made
5. if no deal is made he will stay a panther

willow... does this help you understand the concept of what is occurring?
PS - i couldnt get in touch with Jennings mum, will his school principal do?

growing oh so tired on this ... this will be my last post to you willow on the matter...

PPS - not angry or throwing a tanty as you describe... just tired on dealing with people like yourself who take this forum oh far too seriously..
we all love you willow, perhaps take up knitting or gardening or activities like that which other women of your age do...
going through the change of life must be hard... but there are support groups for older women like yourself that you can attend and share the emotions and feelings you are experiencing with the change of life...

yawn....
Good grief. A bloody essay and personal crap. If I wanted tripe, I'd go to the supermarket.

There are no facts to back up your claims. Rather than admit that you got sucked into the tabloid media, you instead choose to dig yourself into a hole.

I have repeatedly asked for the source of this 'official' announcement from Penrith. And all I've got in return is a rehash of the same defensive bullshit.

There is no official announcement. Got it? If anything, Penrith have moved to deny the suggestion.

You're taking this personally Mr Red. I don't give a stuff about that. I just want to read the facts, not some bs made up on the spot by someone with anger management issues.

You were proven wrong, now accept it with some grace.

dougieswim

Juniors
Sorry Willow we forgot your the all almighty and powerful oz and no one else can have an opinion or actually know facts unless they are the same as yours.

For your information, I am a player manager of 5 NRL players and he is being shopped around as per my statement. But I suppose unless they have told you, then it can't be correct

TheRev

First Grade
Lets just hope that Dragons officials arent waiting for 'Official Announcements' before approaching potential recruits.

possm

Coach
Who cares if it's official or not; I don't.

Chances are Jennings is being shopped around and if we wanted him and can afford him then maybe we should put our hat in the ring.

Over the past three years Moz was the Dragon's strike player on the left wing and when they tried to target him Cooper scored the tries. Boyd made the extra man in a similar way to what Brett Stewart did for Manly tonight and Nightingale was the perfect right hand winger - probably the best in the comp.

Whats changed:
Morris to fullback but not making the extra man or setting up his winger
Vidot to right wing because he was not suited to the left
Flo to the left wing even though he is the best right winger in the comp
K Stanley to right centre because we let three of our young juniors go the year before - all of whom are playing first grade with other clubs - Manly, Easts and the Cowboys
We keep Hornby at halfback even though he is now past it - we do this because we did not recruit a replacement and we want to allow him to step down when he is ready rather when its time to do so.
Need I go on ....

Last edited:

Mr Red

First Grade
Sorry Willow we forgot your the all almighty and powerful oz and no one else can have an opinion or actually know facts unless they are the same as yours.

For your information, I am a player manager of 5 NRL players and he is being shopped around as per my statement. But I suppose unless they have told you, then it can't be correct

yeah exactly... he's getting all hung up on the fact that i used the word "offical" when stating that Jennings is allowed to leave if he finds a club willing to take him...
it doesnt change the fact that it is true and has been happening...
take out the word official... really doesnt make any difference to the reality of the matter...

Mr Red

First Grade
Lets just hope that Dragons officials arent waiting for 'Official Announcements' before approaching potential recruits.

exactly... they should have at least enquired by now. any smart coach or club executive would have.

thanks goodness Willow isnt in charge.. he will still be waiting on an official contract signed for Bennett...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I thought you weren't going to argue with anymore Red?

Again, you have completely missed the point. You can talk about Jennings being available and how we should be chasing him. But you can't make up shit about the level of that availability. To do so is dishonest and misleading. The question should be, why do you want to mislead other supporters?

Now a couple of fellow posters tried to bring some honesty to the debate. At first you ignored the questions. When you finally decided to reply, it was an attack on those who dared to ask the question. So is this the message you are trying to convey? That is, you are allowed to make unsubstantiatd claims, pass them off as fact, and anyone who dares to correct you better watch out. Surely not?

The silly attacks about who is charge etc is just childishness. If you want me take off off my member's hat and put on the moderator's hat, the thread title and opening post would have been dealt with in the first instance. But instead, the question was asked (politely) and the offer was for you to retract in a fair dinkum manner without any heavy governance.

You've now made it clear which style of 'debate' you prefer Mr Red. One that is defensive, misleading and combative. I certainly won't be asking the question in future. Good luck.

hugzy

Juniors
This forum has so much unnecessary vile lol

I enjoyed the "im the sultan of brunei" commebt though xO)

dougieswim

Juniors
And I am the Sultan of Brunei. I can have any woman in this room. Including you.

Player Managers are the scum of the Earth. Parasites.
zzzzzz.... boring.... usual dribble and my word is right know else can be from Willow.

The only thing you have proved is that your wrong and how much of a wanker you are.

Yes I am a player manager and played in the NRL but of course you know more then people trying to offer 'official comments'.

Is there a possible way of starting a new Dragons thread were people are welcome to have their own opinion without this idiot and the merry band of doust followers making themselves feel like they own the place??

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Haha! My keyboard hero. You're as mature as your average player manager, I'll grant you that. Go have a swim dougie... it might help to clear your head.

And I'm not a Doust follower. It must hurt your ego to learn that you know SFA about other people here. I'm just someone who doesn't fly off the handle every five minutes, and would prefer to see solutions rather than incessant whinging.

And I don't make shit up to create an argument.

If disagreeing with you makes one a Doust follower, then your hit list must be massive.
dougieswim said:
Is there a possible way of starting a new Dragons thread were people are welcome to have their own opinion without this idiot and the merry band of doust followers making themselves feel like they own the place??
lol. The hilarious irony.

dougieswim

Juniors
Haha! My keyboard hero. You're as mature as your average player manager, I'll grant you that. Go have a swim dougie... it might help to clear your head.

And I'm not a Doust follower. It must hurt your ego to learn that you know SFA about other people here. I'm just someone who doesn't fly off the handle every five minutes, and would prefer to see solutions rather than incessant whinging.

And I don't make shit up to create an argument.

If disagreeing with you makes one a Doust follower, then your hit list must be massive.
lol. The hilarious irony.
zzzzzzzz...... boring once again. go over your comments in the forums and what people have responded about you and get a reality check.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
zzzzzzzz...... boring once again. go over your comments in the forums and what people have responded about you and get a reality check.
Awesome. Reality? :lol: More friends in high places? You seem to worry an awful lot about what I think. Hope you're not losing too much sleep over it.

Sorry dougie, I shouldn't laugh. I know you're trying hard to impress me. I'm sure you're a good lad when you're away from all this serious internet stuff.