What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings officially offered to rival clubs

possm

Coach
i didnt know Doust used the nickname "possm" on this forum...

Yea I wish I was he ... would have said yes to Bennett and Boyd for the 5 year contract. Would have signed Cronk, Inu, Gordon and Teo by now.

Wouldn't mind his pay packet and birds eye view at home games either.

Most of all I would work day and night to make sure there was enough cash to properly fund the Dragons football team.

So how about all of you vote POSSM FOR DRAGONS CEO !!!

Last edited:

MattYg1

Bench
Yea I wish I was he ... would have said yes to Bennett and Boyd for the 5 year contract. Would have signed Cronk, Inu, Gordon and Teo by now.

Most of all I would work day and night to make sure there was enough cash to properly fund the Dragons football team.

I didnt know Doust had the powers of mind control!!!!

Mr Red

First Grade

you would have signed Inu and Gordon?
surely Mr Doust we have enough outside backs...
i would have liked Cronk and teo though..

timsmith

Juniors

sold

Willow

Assistant Moderator
For your reference Redface, refer to posts # 97, 119, 120.

Now don't blow a gasket. Just provide a link as to where this 'official' announcement was published earlier this month (when you started the thread). According to your opening post, Jennings was available immediately.

By any chance did you get it wrong?

Mr Red

First Grade

Now don't blow a gasket. Just provide a link as to where this 'official' announcement was published earlier this month (when you started the thread). According to your opening post, Jennings was available immediately.

still waiting on the letter from him mum just for you willow to avoid any speculation, however since you seem to be inept of doing a google search i spared a few seconds and found numerous stories referring to the jennings situation:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/other/13821786/dont-let-michael-jennings-go-girdler/
http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/05/17/lewis-backs-jennings-to-fire-for-nsw/
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...michael-jennings/story-e6frfgbo-1226370450890

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
I would think that if Jennings is released it would be a protracted contract settlement. Can't see anyone paying him what he is currently on and if reports are correct will be on in future years. Penrith will need to subsidise significantly. St G pay him Gaz money and let Penrith pay the balance.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
still waiting on the letter from him mum just for you willow to avoid any speculation
I see you still can't answer without the little tanty. Chuckles Junior.

Read carefully junior...

None of those links were published when you made your claim. Plus none of them say he has been 'OFFICIALLY' released... as you claimed.

From your own links: Penrith officials failed to confirm a report on the Nine Network that Jennings has been offered to rival NRL clubs.

And one even has in it's headline: Phil Gould says Jennings will stay at club

But on 16 May you started this thread and said Jennings was "officially offered to other clubs" and "available immediately".

Did you make it up?

This makes your other claim that signing Jennings would elevate us to third position all the more laughable. So is that why you refuse to back down? It is a saving face thing for you junior?

It is my view that in your rush to reach for the half empty glass, you didn't bother to check your facts. No crime in that, we all make mistakes. So perhaps you should just fess up and say you got it wrong.

Penrith may very well release Jennings at a later date. But he hasn't been released, not yet anyway... and he until such time that he is released 'officially', we can't sign him.

So I ask again, where did you read that Jennings has been 'officially' released by Penrith?

dougieswim

Juniors
Mick is being offered to other clubs. The problem is, he doesn't want to go for two reasons. (1) He has grown up in Penrith and wants to stay cos it is where his church community is where he is a pastor and (2) he wants to play with his brothers. Gould knows how good the brothers are and is locking them up with Vipuna Tia Kalifeh and Seijka.

The club is out of money though and Gould has realised that yes Mick isn't worth 600K plus 3rd party deals but that's what Penrith paid at the time. Luke Lewis wont be going anywhere but is really pissed at whats going on, especially after Petro left too. He wants to win another comp (something Doust should be wanting too). So he is shopping him around but will only let him go if Penrith pay no more then 200K a year on the rest of his contract.

This will allow Gould to play the juniors they can't at the moment due to spending the salary cap due to injuries. If Mick is to go, then as mentioned previously, it will be to Cronulla or Parramatta due to friendships at both clubs.

Reading the other parts of this thread:
My concern is why as such a strong club name that we have do we need to experience drastic lows. Without a 'brand name' coach we should still be able to pull great players who want to play for the red-v. There must be a very bad smell about the place, cos we seem to be not second but third and fourth in most races for players atm.

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
For a pastor he is not the best role model is he allegedly boozing and a little bit of a loose cannon.

Minh

First Grade
Mick is being offered to other clubs. The problem is, he doesn't want to go for two reasons. (1) He has grown up in Penrith and wants to stay cos it is where his church community is where he is a pastor and (2) he wants to play with his brothers. Gould knows how good the brothers are and is locking them up with Vipuna Tia Kalifeh and Seijka.

The club is out of money though and Gould has realised that yes Mick isn't worth 600K plus 3rd party deals but that's what Penrith paid at the time. Luke Lewis wont be going anywhere but is really pissed at whats going on, especially after Petro left too. He wants to win another comp (something Doust should be wanting too). So he is shopping him around but will only let him go if Penrith pay no more then 200K a year on the rest of his contract.

This will allow Gould to play the juniors they can't at the moment due to spending the salary cap due to injuries. If Mick is to go, then as mentioned previously, it will be to Cronulla or Parramatta due to friendships at both clubs.

Reading the other parts of this thread:
My concern is why as such a strong club name that we have do we need to experience drastic lows. Without a 'brand name' coach we should still be able to pull great players who want to play for the red-v. There must be a very bad smell about the place, cos we seem to be not second but third and fourth in most races for players atm.

I also think we simply cannot compete on dollar terms especially with a mixture of desperate clubs and the privately owned clubs like Souths, Roosters and Newcastle who seem to have an open chequebook and/or others who may simply be not playing by the rules of the salary cap.

We are a proud club and as much as some people like to criticise the way the club is run we have been very successful over the last 2 or 3 decades making the GF in the 80's, 4 GF's in the 90's and top it off with the premiership in 2010 and have been in the finals most of those years as well.

Bring back choc

Juniors
I also think we simply cannot compete on dollar terms especially with a mixture of desperate clubs and the privately owned clubs like Souths, Roosters and Newcastle who seem to have an open chequebook and/or others who may simply be not playing by the rules of the salary cap.

We are a proud club and as much as some people like to criticise the way the club is run we have been very successful over the last 2 or 3 decades making the GF in the 80's, 4 GF's in the 90's and top it off with the premiership in 2010 and have been in the finals most of those years as well.

Mate we won a comp we waited 30 years for.
Hardl very successful. Being branded the biggest chokers in nrl.. Hardly very successful.

2013 missing the 8... Hardly successful.

dougieswim

Juniors
Don't read everything Weidler writes!!! He has only slipped up once last year. As said, early 20's with a lot of money and he wasn't out bashing people (or women for that instance, he just came to training over the limit.)

If you took your stance, you could write off most players in the NRL.

bottle

Coach

Forget that 'Johnny come lately' shit, refer to post #27. Called it as NOT official early in the piece. Keep up with the game Willow.

Latest posts