What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings officially offered to rival clubs

Willow

Assistant Moderator
So not actually 'official' then? Since when has Weidler had any cred? Link perhaps, you know, to something 'official'.
Forget that 'Johnny come lately' shit, refer to post #27. Called it as NOT official early in the piece. Keep up with the game Willow.
lol. Sorry bottle. I see redface avoided you too.

Wieldler is the voice.

FTR, this should have been picked up from the opening post.

Minh

First Grade
Mate we won a comp we waited 30 years for.
Hardl very successful. Being branded the biggest chokers in nrl.. Hardly very successful.

2013 missing the 8... Hardly successful.

2013? you really are paranoid BBC, writing off the boys already. I've supported the Red V quite a long time many times it's been frustrating yes but we have been competitive most seasons and a little unlucky not to have won another 2 or 3 premierships in the last 2-3 decades.

timsmith

Juniors
2013? you really are paranoid BBC, writing off the boys already. I've supported the Red V quite a long time many times it's been frustrating yes but we have been competitive most seasons and a little unlucky not to have won another 2 or 3 premierships in the last 2-3 decades.

Do you reckon other clubs have been unlucky?

;-)

Mr Red

First Grade
Mick is being offered to other clubs. The problem is, he doesn't want to go for two reasons. (1) He has grown up in Penrith and wants to stay cos it is where his church community is where he is a pastor and (2) he wants to play with his brothers. Gould knows how good the brothers are and is locking them up with Vipuna Tia Kalifeh and Seijka.

The club is out of money though and Gould has realised that yes Mick isn't worth 600K plus 3rd party deals but that's what Penrith paid at the time. Luke Lewis wont be going anywhere but is really pissed at whats going on, especially after Petro left too. He wants to win another comp (something Doust should be wanting too). So he is shopping him around but will only let him go if Penrith pay no more then 200K a year on the rest of his contract.

This will allow Gould to play the juniors they can't at the moment due to spending the salary cap due to injuries. If Mick is to go, then as mentioned previously, it will be to Cronulla or Parramatta due to friendships at both clubs.

Reading the other parts of this thread:
My concern is why as such a strong club name that we have do we need to experience drastic lows. Without a 'brand name' coach we should still be able to pull great players who want to play for the red-v. There must be a very bad smell about the place, cos we seem to be not second but third and fourth in most races for players atm.

thanks dougie for shedding some light on this and backing up what i have been saying ... but according to Willow none of this is actually happening because Penrith have not been stupid enough to officially make a statement on the matter... (as if a club would announce it officially...these things often just leak out... intentionally)
once more for Willow in simple terms ... now read slowly...
1. Penrith have given permission for jennings to negotiate with other clubs
2. if another club can strike a deal with jennings he is free to leave
3. this sticking point at the moment is that the clubs that have expressed interest only will take jennings if Penrith supplement his salary for the remaining period of his contract as no one want to pay him 600k a season
4. Penrith do not wish to do this, thus a deal with another club is yet to be made
5. if no deal is made he will stay a panther

willow... does this help you understand the concept of what is occurring?
PS - i couldnt get in touch with Jennings mum, will his school principal do?

growing oh so tired on this ... this will be my last post to you willow on the matter...

PPS - not angry or throwing a tanty as you describe... just tired on dealing with people like yourself who take this forum oh far too seriously..
we all love you willow, perhaps take up knitting or gardening or activities like that which other women of your age do...
going through the change of life must be hard... but there are support groups for older women like yourself that you can attend and share the emotions and feelings you are experiencing with the change of life...

yawn....

Bring back choc

Juniors

Not writing them off, I'm praying and hoping as much as the next dragons fan. However we have a very serious problem at the club with too many juniors and not enough external recruitment. Thats my opinion and it happens to be shared by a considerable amount of other footy fans. The issue is there for everyone to see... im not making it up. Look at our roster for next year. IMO it's weak, it lacks cohesion, it lacks strike, it lacks quality. We are losing 2 more of our most experienced forwards and replacing them with nothing. We have a front row thats not delivering up to expectation (just look at how many props have overtaken Hunt - woods, grant, douglas, Kasiano, Fafita...the list goes on an on). Dan Hunt was talked up and over rated as being verge of Origin. He is sooo far from Origin it aint funny. So we have lost that gamble. And we have a lot of young guys who are too green to make a difference at this stage or anytime soon. I have no idea what Craig Young and the club are doing. But i do know that it's hopeless.

Sorry if this pisses people off. But don't confuse fact for being paranoid.

Fire

First Grade
Not writing them off, I'm praying and hoping as much as the next dragons fan. However we have a very serious problem at the club with too many juniors and not enough external recruitment. Thats my opinion and it happens to be shared by a considerable amount of other footy fans. The issue is there for everyone to see... im not making it up. Look at our roster for next year. IMO it's weak, it lacks cohesion, it lacks strike, it lacks quality. We are losing 2 more of our most experienced forwards and replacing them with nothing. We have a front row thats not delivering up to expectation (just look at how many props have overtaken Hunt - woods, grant, douglas, Kasiano, Fafita...the list goes on an on). Dan Hunt was talked up and over rated as being verge of Origin. He is sooo far from Origin it aint funny. So we have lost that gamble. And we have a lot of young guys who are too green to make a difference at this stage or anytime soon. I have no idea what Craig Young and the club are doing. But i do know that it's hopeless.

Knocking Dan Hunt. That's funny coming from a guy whose exercise regime probably consists of twirling ribbons and doing cartwheels through meadows.

It's paranoia, not fact. You're assuming, so it's paranoia. Go put your tinfoil hat back on so the CIA can contact you.

Danny Weidler called, too. He said he wants his everything back.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Knocking Dan Hunt. That's funny coming from a guy whose exercise regime probably consists of twirling ribbons and doing cartwheels through meadows.

It's paranoia, not fact. You're assuming, so it's paranoia. Go put your tinfoil hat back on so the CIA can contact you.

Danny Weidler called, too. He said he wants his everything back.

:lol::lol:

My opinion is bbc is a farkwit. It happens to be shared with a great many other fans.

Minh

First Grade

You make some good points, I agree that recruits are necessary for the ultimate success of a club and that you simply cannot rely totally on local juniors but I dont agree that the local talent we have are hopeless far from it. I hope we sign some quality players who can spark our attack and turn a game through a touch of brilliance, we need more game breakers to assist Soward, Morris looked likely but has dropped off a bit since missing out on Origin.

Minh

First Grade
I wouldn't knock back Michael Jennings he seems like a guy who's just made a couple bad errors of judgement and maybe he just needs a fresh start.

TheRev

First Grade

I've written them off for 2013 also, obviously we will have up and down patches and we may slip into the Finals, but we have just wasted half a season with bad selections... we still haven't secured a playmaker for 2013, nor we have started the blooding process of the juniors in their correct positions (in particular halfback and to a lesser extent right-centre).

Basically we will try hard, but the next generation of Dragons are not ready to take over in 2013.

redvwhite

Juniors
BBC there's no need to apologise. It has been overtly appalling and frustrating ever since the embarrassing Moltzen affair. I actually think its quite outstanding, given we lost two matches by 1 point and still have a 6-6 record. But even this mediocrity can't continue when we put ourselves out of the race. I have faith in our young blokes but they plain and simple can't be the answer for the loss of a long list of Origin quality players over the last 2-3 years. It's dumb and unless a Stewart or a Williams or some miracle happens I will say 'I told you so' on this forum a lot over the next couple seasons and I won't apologise.

possm

Coach
For some supports the all important thing is for the dragons to win each game and hopefully win the comp.

For Doust it is a matter of balancing the books as best you can and hoping the team wins its fair share of games.

For Price it is a matter of buying and coaching enough players to cover injuries during the season and having players with the potential to improve to consistantly perform at fist grade level.

So whats wrong?

Doust cant raise enough money for Price to buy players who require the least amount of training.

How to solve the problem?

Doust needs to find a sugar daddy. It seems the only way to stay afloat these days.

Last edited:
For some supports the all important thing is for the dragons to win each game and hopefully win the comp.

For Doust it is a matter of balancing the books as best you can and hoping the team wins its fair share of games.

For Price it is a matter of buying and coaching enough players to cover injuries during the season and having players with the potential to improve to consistantly perform at fist grade level.

So whats wrong?

Doust cant raise enough money for Price to buy players who require the least amount of training.

Doust needs to find a sugar daddy
. It seems the only way to stay afloat these days.

Billionaire Bruce Gordon of WIN Corporation might be a good fit.

gypsy

Bench
So whats wrong?

Doust needs to find a sugar daddy. It seems the only way to stay afloat these days.

So how do you suggest Doust 'raises the money'....carwash?
Not sure if you're aware possm, but we have this crazy thing called a salary cap now