What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings officially offered to rival clubs

Father Ted

First Grade
. As for the Under 16 Halfback, thats really not going to do us any good.. thats what 3 years away?

If we don't sign him it becomes never .. And there's 2 St.George kids in the under 16's SOO as well. I do expect us to do something about it, as we are a local juniors club.

64 Dragon

Coach
yeah agree with that, the point i was making was that if Bennett didnt think he could get the job done as he put it, he wouldnt have signed for three years..
he wouldnt set himself up to fail so he obviously thought a three year plan to success was still achievable...
at the knights he knows it will need 4 years because they are a lot worse off then we were when he came to the club

I will officially go on record here and say, in my opinion, Bennett will not win a premiership with the knights!

When he came to the Dragons the club did not have any major problems and had a good playing roster, he said so himself. With the addition of a few new players and staff things were ready to go.

The Knights had just gone through a major financial upheaval. Their officials could not run a chook raffle. In steps Mr Moneybags and everyone was happy. Now, with a run of bad form and injuries, everything has slowed down. Bennett has blamed his players which will lead to tension.

They will likely go into the player market and bring in new players, who will take time to fit together. Tinkler will get impatient and try to stick his nose in like he always does, and goodbye Wayne.

This is just a scenario that could happen. We will wait and see.

possm

Coach
We have Kemp playing in the Cutters. Let's do a deal with Penrith for Jennings; Kemp plus some cash for Jennings. Why is that so hard. He could be our Inu.

Mr Red

First Grade
I will officially go on record here and say, in my opinion, Bennett will not win a premiership with the knights!

When he came to the Dragons the club did not have any major problems and had a good playing roster, he said so himself. With the addition of a few new players and staff things were ready to go.

The Knights had just gone through a major financial upheaval. Their officials could not run a chook raffle. In steps Mr Moneybags and everyone was happy. Now, with a run of bad form and injuries, everything has slowed down. Bennett has blamed his players which will lead to tension.

They will likely go into the player market and bring in new players, who will take time to fit together. Tinkler will get impatient and try to stick his nose in like he always does, and goodbye Wayne.

yep could happen..
tinkler is known for wanting instant success... so will be interesting how the relationship with him and Bennett unfolds if there is no big improvements next season...

Mr Red

First Grade
We have Kemp playing in the Cutters. Let's do a deal with Penrith for Jennings; Kemp plus some cash for Jennings. Why is that so hard. He could be our Inu.

i watched the Penrith toyota cup team on the weekend...

their attacking structure and organisation looked better than our first grade team...Pricey should be embarrassed..
and young jennings slayed them, he could turn out better then Michael.. would love to get both brothers in a package deal :)

Minh

First Grade

Who's to say that Tinkler isn't already sticking his nose in and having a go?
I reckon as a player and coach to have a guy like that where you know he can implode at any minute is simply no good for morale and team unity. He would give you a pat on the back for good performance and just as easily send you packing your bags if you fail with no regard for what happens to you after you lose that job. Fact is the Knights were doing just as good if not better last season under Rick Stone and without all the additional recruits too.

TheRev

First Grade
If we don't sign him it becomes never .. And there's 2 St.George kids in the under 16's SOO as well. I do expect us to do something about it, as we are a local juniors club.

Oh of course, working on the next generation of Dragons is an ongoing job, but in the short term 0-3yrs, were still going to need someone else to play in our 1st grade squad.

Last edited:

Fingerbang

Bench
we dont need rebuilding yrs ! we need success every yr, the boards only sole objective in my books.
Doesn't work that way.....we have a salary cap to ensure that it doesn't. Bulldogs try your line of thinking every year.....what success has it brought them lately?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The Dogs will get him. They are working on a different cap to everyone else. 600k is nothing to them. It's only a 10th of the money they have left over from the Sonny Bill Williams cash he freed up. Apparently he was on a hundred year contract.

Latest posts