What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings

I honestly wish the Gold Coast had gone broke.

As an expansion team what have they offered the NRL as far as developing and nuturing local talent since they have come into the competition?

Expansion is not just about putting a new team in the comp. A very big part of it should be adding to the pie of more talented footballers from the local area.

Instead they have continually bought most of the big names on the market each year, continually under performed with a "big name" roster and have had their NYC team has run near the bottom of the competition on a continual basis.

It has been just like adding another Sydney team to the Competition.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Now here is a double WTF. You have not got a clue who or who isnt on the Titans Roster & who they are developing or where they are from. The Titans cover from Sunshine Coast down to Port mcquarie in a vast area & IMO wasted millions supporting those local competitions when they didnt have to & had little return for their money. They also plogh huge amounts into New Guinea, where they also cover, re David Mead.
In last years first grade there was 7 thats7 locals/juniors in their team.

Gordon, Lawton, Ridge, James, Odwyer, mead, Harrison. You could also cast Zillman as a local junior as his family has lived on the coast for 20 years.
Then you include locals who have played for the Titans since inception like Lafranchi, Meyers, mat Rogers, Chris Walker, Shannon Walker, Selasi Birdie, Jordan Atkins et al.

Now who were the locals in the Sharks colours last year? mills, Townsend...................oops.

Do us all a favour & shut your dumb ass mouth & embarrassing us in front of other clubs supporters.

Quoting yourself for a bite too was very pharken lame but typical to your phuckwit standard of posts which a monumentally devoid of aything related what is realy happening in the NRL.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Post Whore
why the f**k would you seriously want to play out the last few years of your career at Penrith?
JT could pretty much pick and choose.
Penrith is a terrible place to live. Rampant scumbags everywhere. It used to be like a country town...now it is just another shithole full of bogans .

He'll probably commute.

From the Shire, (like the rest of the NRL players)

In Gus's subby bus.

Now here is a double WTF. You have not got a clue who or who isnt on the Titans Roster & who they are developing or where they are from. The Titans cover from Sunshine Coast down to Port mcquarie in a vast area & IMO wasted millions supporting those local competitions when they didnt have to & had little return for their money. They also plogh huge amounts into New Guinea, where they also cover, re David Mead.
In last years first grade there was 7 thats7 locals/juniors in their team.

Gordon, Lawton, Ridge, James, Odwyer, mead, Harrison. You could also cast Zillman as a local junior as his family has lived on the coast for 20 years.
Then you include locals who have played for the Titans since inception like Lafranchi, Meyers, mat Rogers, Chris Walker, Shannon Walker, Selasi Birdie, Jordan Atkins et al.

Now who were the locals in the Sharks colours last year? mills, Townsend...................oops.

Do us all a favour & shut your dumb ass mouth & embarrassing us in front of other clubs supporters.

Quoting yourself for a bite too was very pharken lame but typical to your phuckwit standard of posts which a monumentally devoid of aything related what is realy happening in the NRL.

As per usual you don't read very well.

But hey that's nothing unusual for a dumbfark like yourself.

My point was that for an "expansion team" they have chased way too many players from other Clubs and haven't had enough focus on bringing on their own young players.

Look at the developing the Warriors, Broncos etc have done over the years.

They will chase a big name player now and then when the right player for a big need comes on the market but in the main they promote a lot of their own young players.

Everytime a decent player comes off contract at a Sydney Club the Gold Coast are nearly always in there paying overs for them.

Even when that fat turd running them was sending them out the back door he was still splashing ridiculous cash.

I have no time for their philosophy as an expansion Club. I think they stink!

And yes I wished they had gone out the backdoor.

Far better areas for expansion than the Goldcoast which historically have never had any sporting team last very long in whatever sporting code.

They have drained more than they have added as an expansion team without doubt!

Last edited:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
As per usual you don't read very well.

But hey that's nothing unusual for a dumbfark like yourself.

My point was that for an "expansion team" they have chased way too many players from other Clubs and haven't had enough focus on bringing on their own young players.

Look at the developing the Warriors, Broncos etc have done over the years.

They will chase a big name player now and then when the right player for a big need comes on the market but in the main they promote a lot of their own young players.

Everytime a decent player comes off contract at a Sydney Club the Gold Coast are nearly always in there paying overs for them.

Even when that fat turd running them was sending them out the back door he was still splashing ridiculous cash.

I have no time for their philosophy as an expansion Club. I think they stink!

And yes I wished they had gone out the backdoor.

Far better areas for expansion than the Goldcoast which historically have never had any sporting team last very long in whatever sporting code.

They have drained more than they have added as an expansion team without doubt!

Wow! what a come back!!! Dragon Slayer doesn't like the Gold Coast Titans! Big pharken deal. But At least sprinkle a a portion of truth into the story.
Broncos develop their own? What a load of shyte. The pillaged North QLD for 20 years & also had the Gold Coast area. An entire state to themselves. they stole Lazarus from Raiders. Mundine. Tallis. Folaus. the list goes on & on you phucking dopey cutie.

Wow! what a come back!!! Dragon Slayer doesn't like the Gold Coast Titans! Big pharken deal. But At least sprinkle a a portion of truth into the story.
Broncos develop their own? What a load of shyte. The pillaged North QLD for 20 years & also had the Gold Coast area. An entire state to themselves. they stole Lazarus from Raiders. Mundine. Tallis. Folaus. the list goes on & on you phucking dopey cutie.

Wow! 4 big names in 20 years!!

The Gold Coast have hardly developed a home grown star since their inception. An area they spruiked was rich with Rugby League talent when trying to gain entry in the NRL. They've produced a couple of First Graders and a few nuff nuffs since they've been in. Their NYC teams have for the most part been pathetic since they've been in the Competition. All other expansion sides when they entered the Competition such as Canberra, Illawarra, Warriors, Broncos and Cowboys have for the most part been strong consistently at that level.

It's been hardly a compelling reason to expand to the Gold Coast.

All sporting Clubs eventually die there.

Until they do. They will be a thorn to Sydney Clubs by paying overs for any decent players coming off contract. They are a player drain.

Shire Panther

Juniors
why the f**k would you seriously want to play out the last few years of your career at Penrith?
JT could pretty much pick and choose.
Penrith is a terrible place to live. Rampant scumbags everywhere. It used to be like a country town...now it is just another shithole full of bogans .
I take exception to this what a moronic comment!! Sure Penrith has its problems like everywhere (have you been to Sutherland lately) but to paint an entire area with the one brush is ridiculous!

Bogans you say? Where were the race riots again???

I love living where I live and hope to live here for many more years but I travel all over the place for work and there is nothing wrong with Penrith or Campbelltown either for that matter. The only place I wouldn?t live is Bankstown and surrounds for obvious reasons :shock:.

I take exception to this what a moronic comment!! Sure Penrith has its problems like everywhere (have you been to Sutherland lately) but to paint an entire area with the one brush is ridiculous!

I love living where I live and hope to live here for many more years but I travel all over the place for work and there is nothing wrong with Penrith or Campbelltown either for that matter. The only place I wouldn?t live is Bankstown and surrounds for obvious reasons :shock:.

Bloody race riots. Should never have let those bogans get into the shire that day.

Frenzy.

Post Whore

What are they?

carcharias

Immortal
FFS
Craps on about that riot
Then makes a blatant racist comment.

Penrith is a f**king hole ... Wasn't always .
Surrounding area's are not helping.

I unfortunately have to go out there for work.
I have for 20 years

Penrith has got worse
The shire has got better.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
FFS
Craps on about that riot
Then makes a blatant racist comment.

Penrith is a f**king hole ... Wasn't always .
Surrounding area's are not helping.

I unfortunately have to go out there for work.
I have for 20 years

Penrith has got worse
The shire has got better.

That's where I was headed.

Frenzy.

Post Whore

Should be ashamed of yourself.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Wow! 4 big names in 20 years!!

The Gold Coast have hardly developed a home grown star since their inception. An area they spruiked was rich with Rugby League talent when trying to gain entry in the NRL. They've produced a couple of First Graders and a few nuff nuffs since they've been in. Their NYC teams have for the most part been pathetic since they've been in the Competition. All other expansion sides when they entered the Competition such as Canberra, Illawarra, Warriors, Broncos and Cowboys have for the most part been strong consistently at that level.

It's been hardly a compelling reason to expand to the Gold Coast.

All sporting Clubs eventually die there.

Until they do. They will be a thorn to Sydney Clubs by paying overs for any decent players coming off contract. They are a player drain.

You phucking dumb know all cutie! The Gold Coast IS NOT a rugby league nursery at all. There is 3 tiers of fragmented competition that all NRL clubs have a part of & an alignment.
The coast has been in for 5 years & already probably produced more players than the we have.
Like I said , shut the f**k up with your stupid comments & embarrssing the rest of us in front of other supporter. Go hang with parraeels2010 he is another pariah.