What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeremy Smith

88.Knights

Juniors
farout didn't know smith was 30, please go to the sharks... please. de gois as bad as hes going now, will never be as bad as corey hughes.

Frederick

Staff member
Meanwhile, Dragons and New Zealand back-rower Jeremy Smith is set to make a decision on his future ''in the next 48 hours'', his agent, Sam Ayoub said last night.
Told he could talk to other clubs despite being on contract next year at St George Illawarra, Smith is facing a choice between two clubs after fielding offers from Cronulla and Newcastle.
Ayoub spoke to both the Sharks and Knights again yesterday as well as Smith, who was back in Wollongong after the Dragons' 10-6 defeat to Brisbane on Sunday.
It is understood the Knights are in pole position to lure the 25-year-old former Storm forward on a three-year deal. However, Newcastle officials are frustrated at the length of time Smith and Ayoub have taken to come to a decision and have not ruled out withdrawing their offer if the signing saga drags on much longer.

*http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...-exit-another-step-closer-20100802-113eq.html

All the papers keep saying he's 25, but his profile on wiki (yes I know, not reputable but the dragons site makes my phone sh*t itself) says he's 30. His wiki also says he didn't make his debut til 2004, which would make him 24 and only 7 years into his career, and should therefore still have a few years left in him.

Johns Magic

Referee
His wiki also says he didn't make his debut til 2004, which would make him 24 and only 7 years into his career, and should therefore still have a few years left in him.

I'm not sure I'm a massive believer of this theory.

The guy's body has barely held up over the last two years, if we do sign him I just hope he can regularly be on the field.

Alex28

Coach
A little off topic but Aqua Duck your sig mocks the comparison of Hughes and De Gois and last year I would have said rightly so. HOWEVER this year he has been a little short of terrible so I'd take that sig right down!!!
Yosh - De Gois will never be as terrible as Hughes. It's easy to say he has been poor however you are failing to take in account he has had next to no help from his forwards and has also been playing injured...

Yosh

Coach
I see Alex...

I acutaly don't think Hughes was all that bad? I mean even if you are behind one of the best forward packs in history you have to be decent at least, which Hughes was.

Watching De Gois these days and I think he needs to be dropped...

Alex28

Coach
Who are we going to drop him for? What remarkable replacement do we have for the guy?

Have you even seen last nights game? He was pretty damn good...

timka4

Bench
Who are we going to drop him for? What remarkable replacement do we have for the guy?

Have you even seen last nights game? He was pretty damn good...

You're forgetting that we have the almighty Ndaira for backup

aqua_duck

Coach
Jeremy Smith is definately 30, I think they made a typo in the NRL season guide this year and listed his DOB as 14/4/85 and obviously some people have gone off that but on the dragons website, wiki, previous season guides, etc hes listed as 14/4/80.

Baron the last thing i read on the Jeremy Smith deal is that we are considering pulling the pin on the deal. He seems to be a bit of a goose. I would much rather we shift our course of action at trying to sign Eastwood.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
I really hope they pull the pin, I know we've got abit of room to move under the cap but thats no excuse for paying extreme overs for players who aren't going to fill a void

Perth Knights

Juniors
Baron the last thing i read on the Jeremy Smith deal is that we are considering pulling the pin on the deal. He seems to be a bit of a goose. I would much rather we shift our course of action at trying to sign Eastwood.

There is a strong rumour doing the rounds that Eastwood has already signed with the Bulldogs for 3 years. Would love us to target Eastwood over Smith as he is a quality player and much younger, but we have buckleys chance. Eastwood wanted to go to the dogs and it looks as though he has got his wish!!

Good luck on the dogs though if the rumour is true.

otori

Juniors
I'm sure a few of their fans could find some money that fell off the back of a truck :sarcasm:

I'd cop a kick in the nuts to sign Eastwood over Smith, not that I'd be unhappy with Smith but Eastwood would be 3 times the signing.

And f**k him if his being a prima donna.

Perth Knights

Juniors
I'd cop a kick in the nuts to sign Eastwood over Smith, not that I'd be unhappy with Smith but Eastwood would be 3 times the signing.

And f**k him if his being a prima donna.

You sure are a glutten for punishment putting your nuts on the line like that, particularly over someone like Eastwood. Whatever turns you on I guess.

Forget about Eastwood though, he's gone to the Dogs if the rumours are correct. Our best bet is to pursue Farrar and hopefully big Willie Mason to bolster our forward stocks. Would only sign Smith if purchased at the right price ... no overs.