What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeremy Smith

cram

Bench
Have a sook losers you'll make semis again one day if that dump of a club doesn't fold first anyway back to your fibro shanties you novocastrian merkins. Hunt & Houston still laughing about that down at Taj Mahal.

That comebacks about as good as the Dragons grandfinal wins in the last 31 years....oh wait there were none....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Have a sook losers you'll make semis again one day if that dump of a club doesn't fold first anyway back to your fibro shanties you novocastrian merkins. Wicks & Houston still laughing about that down at Taj Mahal.
We are going to make you choke on your own arrogance in round 25. Looking forward to seeing you crawl out from under your rock then.

Perth Knights

Juniors
Have a sook losers you'll make semis again one day if that dump of a club doesn't fold first anyway back to your fibro shanties you novocastrian merkins. Wicks & Houston still laughing about that down at Taj Mahal.

At least we have survived on our own without the need to be propped up by a joint venture.

As confucious says "man with no arse speaks load of crap" and when he coined this saying he had you in mind. So go crawl back under that rock you came out from you dim wit.

At least we have survived on our own without the need to be propped up by a joint venture.

As confucious says "man with no arse speaks load of crap" and when he coined this saying he had you in mind. So go crawl back under that rock you came out from you dim wit.

And still act as though the premierships the dragons won count as well even though they are an entirely new entity!

Guys does anyone else think Smith has delayed his decision out of respect for Simmo? It wouldn't surprise me if that is the case. I am not saying he has signed on with us but maybe it has played a role in the delay somewhat.

Pure_Knight

Juniors
are you serious macavity???

what did you hear??

this is rediculous.. between this, the odonnel signing, mason at the start of the year.. can it get any more frustrating!!!

what are we gona do? with the fact melbourne wont be releasing blair or manu now.. not being able to get eastwood...

please macavity.. tell me that you heard some positive news.. about someone decent we are still chasing or may have a shot at???

is there even anyone of known quality left...or are we actually going to enter 2011 with only costigan as our regualr fg signing... despite having the most cash available to spend

With most of the Melbourne players off the market and Eastwood apparently all but gone to the Dogs...... Is anyone left?

I normally bag you about your affiliation with the club Macavity but any grain of hope or has this recruitment drive been awfully disappointing?

macavity

Referee
At the end of the day we can't make players sign with us.

He has a house in the Gong and a daughter in school there. Signing with the Sharks means he doesn't have to uproot his family.

We struggle to get family men to relocate because it means uprooting everyone, and we struggle to get single blokes to relocate because of the perception that there is a lack of nightlife here.

I still think we should get Jen Hawkins to do our negotiations for us.

Rolla

Juniors
To be honest i dont think he would add to our strongest roster. A very expencive signing that would probably keep better players out of first grade. It would of been good to sign someone, but i think retaining crossy should be a priority now, if no good props become available, rather than bolstering our strongest position.

Noname36

First Grade
I can't really find myself getting upset/annoyed that we've missed out. Smith is a very good backrower, no doubt...but he isn't going to fix the problem we have with our go forward. Costigan/Taia/Pato/Hilder/etc is a perfectly good backrow imo.

Prop is where we have major problems. And although Smith did play there for the Dragons recently, I couldn't see him really helping us in that department (to the extent we need anyway).

Serc

First Grade
I still think we should get Jen Hawkins to do our negotiations for us.

:thumb

But good post...as frustrating as it is, we can't just get the Knights wrestling bear in the room during negotiations and force people to sign on the dotted line.

Even if we don't sign anyone else from here on in, I am moderately happy with our recruitment drive - and (assuming we lose Cross) Tui/Faas/Kaufusi will need to improve significantly or we will have a horrible prop problem in 2011.

There is also the possibility we will have some significant cap space next year, which might become a masterstroke should the right signing appear.