What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2008 season

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
very comprehensive Cabra , you went din't you ?how was the game?
..nah Limey got struck down by the Dreaded Flu thats going around..was looking forward to be at Belrose on sunday.. but caught that influeza A- strain on Thursday.. never recovered Till monday mourning.. "Ram man".. a Belrose player updated me on some aspects of the sunday Game.. any updates on Ross Brown condition ?..

The Wrong Eye

Juniors
I read with interest on panthers forum on their website that one of their local sides Brothers are looking at joining next years Jim Beam Cup.Perhaps St Marys should go also to even the A grade comp.

Ram Man

Juniors
Belrose beat Bulls 32 - 20.
Great game of footy.
It was nice for us to get a win after a tough few weeks.
Very satisfying win for all the boys.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Great game of footy.
..Great win 4the Belrose boys.. with Reds Defeating windsor.. looks like a week of upsets , i knew towards the end of the season some of those leader teams will start to Burn out..

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
The Cabra Juggernaught Rolls on..7th straight win in Row.. Ruthless Disposal of The Erina Eagles at Erina oval.. Cabra: 38 - Erina: 22.. Ending Erina semi Final Hopes for 2008...

I went and watched the Mounties v Shellharbour game yesterday with Mounties winning by 60 something to 12.
I have to say it wasn't through lack of effort from the Marlins the Mounties defence is just brutal and yesterday their attack was on but still not 100% with them blowing at least another 5 tries with the last pass going to ground or being ruled forward.
Awesone display.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
I went and watched the Mounties v Shellharbour game yesterday with Mounties winning by 60 something to 12.
I have to say it wasn't through lack of effort from the Marlins the Mounties defence is just brutal and yesterday their attack was on but still not 100% with them blowing at least another 5 tries with the last pass going to ground or being ruled forward.
Awesone display.[/lay quote]..I expected Shellharbour 2win that Game..Talk about inconsistant Form..&.. Is'nt Ben Rodgers Leading them around the paddock, ..can't carry that sort of Form Leading into the semi's..

Perth Red

Post Whore
from WA Reds

Date: 10/08/2008Reds Knock Off Top Of The Ladder Wolves In Thriller

The Bartercard WA Reds caused an upset with a last minute 34 to 28 win over competition leaders Windsor Wolves in Sydney. The win comfirmed that the team has now adjusted to the tempo of the game and the coast to coast travel regime.
After a season where they have dropped off their game at critical times to lose what could have been won, the win follows up a very solid game last week, albeit a close loss to the highly ranked Marlins. With three forced changes to the side from that game it was a significant result adding to a 3 to 1 win loss ratio for the last 4 games and 7 wins for the season.
The game was played at a good level with both sides going try for try throughout. At half time the Wolves held the lead with a 16 to 10 margin, but the Reds were showing signs of coming back just before the break.
After the restart, the Reds broke through with 2 converted tries to take the lead which they never surrendered. Again, the game went along with neither side giving up any easy balls.
Locked in at 28 all with still three minutes on the clock, Windsor dropped the ball at the half way mark which opened a door of opportunity to the Reds. The final blow came shortly after with Ryan Dickson putting a grubber through which was taken by Isaac Thomas for the try. With Mick Kestel converting and finishing with 5 from 6 for the day, it was a great reward for the side.
Lock Taurean Sheehan had a best on field performance and was a big contributor for the Reds with Heath Egglestone playing well and creating a lot of opportunities.
Try scorers for the Reds included Jason Godecke, Clae Morgan, Steve Gherardi, Egglestone, Thomas and Sheehan
The coaching staff for the Reds would be happy that the team played one of their best games where they took the benefits of controlling the ball for the bulk of the game. The kicking game of the Reds was also a standout.
The game was the second in a final five game line up against the top five sides in the competition which will benchmark the new side in the Jim Beam Cup competition.
As a result of the win this week, the Reds will now come up against the Sydney Bulls who will take over the top position from the Wolves on the table - an ironic reward to the Reds.
The game against the Sydney Bulls will be played at Lark Hill Sportsplex in Port Kennedy next Satudsay 16th August with Rugby League from midday and the Reds from 6.30 pm.
Following the highly popular game at North Beach, this game is another step in taking the Reds to the fans rather than making them come to Members Equity Stadium away from their own clubs.
The Rockingham Mandurah area has a big following for Rugby League and with the Reds taking one of their biggest games of the season to the new venue it will be a winner for local fans.
The Reds last two home games are an opportunity for WA Rugby League fans to send a message to the ARL and the NRL following David Gallop’s comments that we would not be ready for our own NRL side by 2012.
Every person attending will be handed a petition to sign and every signed form will be sent to the NRL plus each person will go into the draw for a fully signed and framed debut season Reds jersey which is sure be a valuable collectors item in years to come.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
I dont think Rogers played but in saying that the Shellharbour team looked pretty good, they just got smashed and as we know that can happen.
I Think Cabra are Gonna Be The Party poopers & Spoil The progress of Those Top 4 Teams.. Mounties are'nt a Threat to us.. sydney Bulls still look like the Team to beat on ..for & against ..points, but i Reckon their Enthusiasm is Burning out.. shellharbour Too are'nt as Dominant as they were earlier anymore..& windsor Got Belted by Erina & Recently
got touched up at home by the Reds...

Roland

Juniors
What is the story with Shellharbour? I just watched the replay and none of the 8 St George players that have played for the Marlins this year were in the side on sunday. They were absolutely appalling.

The Marlins only won about 5 games last year and without the St George guys they will just be hammered. The assistant coach Craig Simon even had to play.

Has St George withdrawn all of their players? They have started sending players up to Burleigh in the Qld Cup. If Bennett extends this arrangement next year the Marlins will be back to the bottom.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
What is the story with Shellharbour? I just watched the replay and none of the 8 St George players that have played for the Marlins this year were in the side on sunday. They were absolutely appalling.

The Marlins only won about 5 games last year and without the St George guys they will just be hammered. The assistant coach Craig Simon even had to play.

Has St George withdrawn all of their players? They have started sending players up to Burleigh in the Qld Cup. If Bennett extends this arrangement next year the Marlins will be back to the bottom.
Regardless of where those 8 st. George players have Gone.. They'll be Back for The Semi's.. I'm sure the club would want the "SHOW ME THE MONEY " Tag ..if they win or make the Grand Final !!..

Roland

Juniors
The Marlins team in this weeks Big League has no St George players again and they are even weaker than last week with 2 more players injured against Mounties. Even though Campbelltown lost by 40 last week I reckon they will beat the Marlins. Maybe if Erina win all 3 games they can push the Marlins out of the 5 if they lose all 3.

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
The Marlins team in this weeks Big League has no St George players again and they are even weaker than last week with 2 more players injured against Mounties. Even though Campbelltown lost by 40 last week I reckon they will beat the Marlins. Maybe if Erina win all 3 games they can push the Marlins out of the 5 if they lose all 3.
:shock:whoa.. i'm surprised they are Taking this Game lightly.. campbelltown are'nt easybeats..if they were to lose to the campbelltown eagles, & we [ cabra ] were to Beat Chester Hill.. on Results they might drop to fifth place this week..

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
In a Brutal & Physical Game at new era stadium.. Cabra prevailed over a Enthuastic Chester hill outfit.. CABRA - 24 .. . CHESTER HILL - 10... Does anyone out there have any other scores from other JBC Games played...... please post them out !! ...Thanx

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Great game of footy.
.. sorry shannon the canon.. about the late reply.. regarding Ross Brown.. saw him today.. he's out 4the Season !!..- [on crutches ].. CABRA sustained a Couple of injuries in the chester hill Game.. sika & 4got the other player.. but were gonna do it tuff .. leading into the semi's ....

CABRA ROCKS

Juniors
Does anyone have the Results for The Mounties -vrs- Erina Game.. or the Bulls -vrs- Reds Game.. Shellharbour -vrs- Campbelltown .. Windsor -vrs- Wentys Game....

screeny

Bench
How rubbish is the Australian RL media, including the home websites! The JBC results from Friday and Saturday aren't anywhere to be found online by Sunday evening! Incredible....

Latest posts