What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jim Beam Cup 2008 season

Roland

Juniors
What is going on with the Bulls setup, in program had Warren Beaumont as coach, when side announced at Wenty today, Baysarri was named as coach. Anyone got any idea?

I was sitting with an old fella that used to referee me in the Penrith comp and his grandson plays for the Bulls. He said he asked Chris why they had a new coach and he told him it was just a game to put off the other teams. The same reason why Butler wasnt in the program.

But Mounties did the same with 4 of their 17 not even listed as reserves.

jets fan

Juniors
Spoke to a few guys from Chester Hill who got ripped off with match payments from the club which has left alot of players unhappy and unlikely to return next year although after coming last I dont think they will care too much.
Roland who out of the Rhinos do u think would be worth picking up by other clubs ?

Ram Man

Juniors
Well there goes my theory!
Cabra gone the first week...bit of a shock to be honest.
Glad to hear there is nothing sinister going on at the Bulls with the coaching side of things...a few mind games never hurt anyone!

Finals footy Ram Man is a funny thing.
Cabra had pleanty of ball but couldn't score and was mainly due to Branighan not taking part.
Cabra had no options and overheard coach stacker say that half the team didn't even train during the week so the commitment has to be questioned.

Not so sure on the Bulls coaching saga, Beaumont and Baysarri were both barking orders yesterday but at times against each other so it appears to be a power struggle at the moment.
From where I was sitting the Bulls staff looked stressed, you would hardly believe they just won the semi.

Roland

Juniors
Spoke to a few guys from Chester Hill who got ripped off with match payments from the club which has left alot of players unhappy and unlikely to return next year although after coming last I dont think they will care too much.
Roland who out of the Rhinos do u think would be worth picking up by other clubs ?

The wingers Berkeley and Taouk and prop Kalomatangi are the best of the regulars IMO.

Ram Man

Juniors
The wingers Berkeley and Taouk and prop Kalomatangi are the best of the regulars IMO.

Maybe Berkeley but definately Kolomatangi.
The big man is very strong and can play the 80 mins comfortably, with the quality of his work as good at minute 80 as it was in the 1st minute

girvie

Staff member
Which are the Jim Beam Cup players that you think should be playing NSW Cup next year?

Roland

Juniors
Which are the Jim Beam Cup players that you think should be playing NSW Cup next year?

About 100 players have appeared in both grades during 2007 and 2008 year, so who plays next year is dependant on which clubs are in the State Cup in 2009 and how much cash they have to fund their teams.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has any opinion on this weeks semi's.
I heard that the Mounties team will struggle to field the same team as last week and interesting enough the team in big league is nothing like that posted on their website....

minert

Juniors
Mounties have beaten Shellharbour 45 - 28 full time score... The Marlins must have fallen asleep with the score at 28 - 28 with 18 mins to go. Just goes to show how much the Marlins depended on the St George Illawarra players.

Roland

Juniors
The Marlins looked they might win when they led 28-18 after half time but they fell in a heap after the penalties started to go against them. They had 3 St George players in the pack with Jon Green playing another great game. The Marlins defence was very compressed and Mostyn continually created overlaps with his long passing game.

The second game was all over by the 15 minute mark when the Bulls had run up a 24-0 lead. It was 34-0 at half time and the Bulls had the wind in the second half. The final score was Bulls 62 Windsor 12. Weepu played strongly for the Wolves but there were tries all over the park for the Bulls.

jets fan

Juniors

yeah I heard very similar from others Kalomatangi was the form prop of the comp only let down a little by his size I heard Berkley was on and off prob would be better utilized in the centre second row as he is hard to get down both would be better shown at another club

Went the the Parra A Grade grand finals on the weekend to watch Cabra play Wenty and was front row to see Bulls coach Beaumont and Cabra's hooker Scott Jones go toe to toe in the stand.
From what I saw Jones was minding his own business and Beaumont kept provoking him into a fight until other Cabra players got in between them to keep them apart.
Seems Beaumont still has some hangovers from getting the sack by Cabra and Jones is obviously a target for him.
Either that or the Bulls have taught him that it is alright to act as disgracefully as the rest of their officials.
Baysarri must be counting the days until he gets out as he seems to be the only bloke there who dosen't act that way.

metroman

Juniors
So the Sydney Bulls are in another grand final. They should be called the September Bulls cause they are always there.

In their first year in 2000 they missed the semis but won reserve grade.

2001 lost grand final
2002 won grand final
2003 lost preliminary final (led with 10 seconds to go)
2004 won grand final
2005 lost grand final
2006 won grand final
2007 lost grand final
2008 first in to grand final

Roland

Juniors
I heard that Brothers, the new team in next years JBC, went through this season undefeated in the Penrith comp. The club is based around one of the elite school teams, St Doms, so they should have plenty of quality juniors.

mastermind

Juniors
I take this opportunity to set the record straight on a number of matters at the Sydney Bulls.

Money does buy a lot of things but it doesn’t buy grand finals. Success is achieved through good decision making and by having spirit and culture. At our club we have an abundance of spirit that some clubs like Cabra only dream about. Success at our club is like a disease and we are all poisoned by it.

Lets talk about Warren Beaumont. A nicer more loyal and genuine bloke you will never meet. For whatever reasons he left Cabra, and I can assure you there are no hangovers, he’s over them now but it seems a few people over there can’t come to terms with the fact that he is at a successful club now. Success that they only dream of. His smile from ear to ear since last Saturday shows how much it means to him. The players and officials at our club are so very happy to have ‘Beauy’ around.

Let’s talk about David Bayssari. This bloke could get a job anywhere else (and 4 grand finals in 4 years is a record not to be looked down on) but he chooses to be at the Bulls. Cabra would take him tomorrow if they could. He like everyone else is so very passionate about the Bulls. He’ll be here for a few years yet.

Success at our club is achieved through hard work. We only sign those that we believe meet our high standards. Those that don’t leave as quickly as they come in. In 2006 we signed a front rower from Queensland whose training ethic was poor and always injured. He realised very quickly that opportunities at our club are to be earned and not just given out. He lasted about 6 weeks before he went to the local ‘A’ grade comp. If you don’t believe me, ask Ram Man.

Those that sit behind a user name on an internet chat page claiming our club officials act disgracefully should can come down to training on a Tuesday or Thursday night at The Crest and see just how harmonious and happy our club is. They can also see how happy people like Paul Winterstein is to play at our club and why he turned down an offer to play at Cabra – for more money I might add. Why people like Adam Tippet came back ‘home’ from playing at Cabra. It’s called success and as I stated at the outset success at our club is like a disease and we are all poisoned by it.

Ram Man

Juniors
I take this opportunity to set the record straight on a number of matters at the Sydney Bulls.

Money does buy a lot of things but it doesn’t buy grand finals. Success is achieved through good decision making and by having spirit and culture. At our club we have an abundance of spirit that some clubs like Cabra only dream about. Success at our club is like a disease and we are all poisoned by it.

Lets talk about Warren Beaumont. A nicer more loyal and genuine bloke you will never meet. For whatever reasons he left Cabra, and I can assure you there are no hangovers, he’s over them now but it seems a few people over there can’t come to terms with the fact that he is at a successful club now. Success that they only dream of. His smile from ear to ear since last Saturday shows how much it means to him. The players and officials at our club are so very happy to have ‘Beauy’ around.

Let’s talk about David Bayssari. This bloke could get a job anywhere else (and 4 grand finals in 4 years is a record not to be looked down on) but he chooses to be at the Bulls. Cabra would take him tomorrow if they could. He like everyone else is so very passionate about the Bulls. He’ll be here for a few years yet.

Success at our club is achieved through hard work. We only sign those that we believe meet our high standards. Those that don’t leave as quickly as they come in. In 2006 we signed a front rower from Queensland whose training ethic was poor and always injured. He realised very quickly that opportunities at our club are to be earned and not just given out. He lasted about 6 weeks before he went to the local ‘A’ grade comp. If you don’t believe me, ask Ram Man.

Those that sit behind a user name on an internet chat page claiming our club officials act disgracefully should can come down to training on a Tuesday or Thursday night at The Crest and see just how harmonious and happy our club is. They can also see how happy people like Paul Winterstein is to play at our club and why he turned down an offer to play at Cabra – for more money I might add. Why people like Adam Tippet came back ‘home’ from playing at Cabra. It’s called success and as I stated at the outset success at our club is like a disease and we are all poisoned by it.

I dont deny this at all mastermind.
It is a tough club and very cut throat which is what successful clubs are.

I have never said anything in here to dispute that fact.
And assuming I am right, I think I know who you are and my criticism of the club was on a personal level and not of the success or how the club became to be successful.
There were differing opinions and things were said in the heat of the moment and I left for the sake of my own sanity and to not bring my negative attitude I had at the time into the team because I genuinely liked the guys I played along side.

I admitt openly that at that time in my career, I was a terrible trainer and my attitude was poor not to mention a rather serious injury sustained in trials.

I have mentioned on here that arguments can happen at clubs like the Bulls and the reason for saying this is because of the high demand for success and the pressure that players,coaches and team managment are under for success. This is not a bad thing at all, but it just comes with the nature of such a competitive club atmosphere. It was not meant as a piss take or a stab at anyone in particular at all.
Some people perceive these arguments as trouble.
I disagree.
If there is that much passion there that you have arguments that can be seen by the general public, then it shows to will to succeed.

Nothing I have said on here is meant to be disrespecful at the club, or officials at all. It is just my opinion on how I see your club. I am entitled to my opinion as a rugby league follower and player and have commented on what other people have reported to have heard.
I have never or will never start any rumours or here-say about an opposing club in the JBC because it would bring the good name of the Belrose club down with it.
As I said to numerous players at the club after our last game with them, I wish them all the best in the finals (not that they need it) and hope that I get the chance to play against them next year because a win against the Bulls is such a rare thing.
Cheers

Last edited:

mastermind

Juniors
Ram Man

It wasn't mean't to take the piss out of you but there are others who post (and I have read many different things over the past month or two) that have been a little concerning especially after our game at Mounties in Round 16 and what people heard or suspect they heard, particularly comments about our officials.