What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guys this is going to go INTERNATIONAL AROUND THE WORLD !!!

All the news will cover it....Rugby League and bestiality... sex with animals....

This is going to damage the games reputation....

Also mums and dads letting kids play soccer or bestiality football

Guaranteed - this will be the biggest RL story in years internationally. For many people in plenty of countries it will be the first they've ever heard of NRL.

Proud moment! :crazy:

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
The club has to take decisive action. As a fan I believe monaghan must be sacked. Anyone else involved read the riot act and given the spear if appropriate. My membership will not be renewed unless action is taken. I'm only one bloke sure, but this is my way of saying enough is enough I don't want this scum around my club.

I'm sure that administrators will now have all the photos from that day. If they can, they will try and keep all other details (ie other players names) under raps. They can do that, legally.

The NRL and Raiders don't want more players/people implicated in this. If it stays as Monaghan, it can be spun as one guy with mental issues rather than a whole thing about the NRL culture/mad monday's etc.

Monaghan's manager made the mistake of saying his team mates were responsible for sending the photo around. Automatically implicated others.

Noa

First Grade
Im undecided on punishment.

A still photo can make it look like he was sitting back enjoying a good BJ, where he may have flopped it out for a second...

However the damage thats about to come will be huge and in my opinion some people need to suffer the consequences, no matter how severe.

I guess I solved my quandry.

Noa

First Grade
...btw I really want to know who thought it would be a good idea to spread it, they to need to f**k off and clean toilets for the rest of there life as well.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Just a guess TT, but some might suggest that Myles is no longer the player with the most disgusting incident attributed to RL?

stating the bleeding obvious id have thought
thanks for the many good years monnas, enjoy early and forced retirement.

StormisBrewing

Juniors
Yes it does mean exactly that. When people do bad things, they should be exposed and not be protected just because they're our mates. When you make the decision to do something stupid, you have to accept all the consequences that can come with that and not just hope that everyone around you covers it up.
Firstly, it was essentially a victimless crime. I'd understand if the crime had a victim, but this obviously didn't. Also, it was a simple act of idiocy, and it's not like it would happen again even if it wasn't leaked. The ONLY reasons a mate would leak something like that is to either humiliate him, to profit by selling it, or if they were offended by the act. For the first 2 reasons, it's a dog act to leak/sell it, simple as that.

For the third reason, it's also comes down to the method they used to expose it. Wouldn't the sensible thing to do be taking it to either the NRL or the Raiders HQ, not leaking it to the media? The end result would be the same, while the matter would be kept more confidential.

The fact is, it wasn't a criminal act (in the ACT), whereas the method the person used to leak the picture had criminal intent behind it.

Timbo

Staff member
Sack and de-register. Our only option.

Jesus first Campo's knee now this. What a way to end our best season in a decade.

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
Firstly, it was essentially a victimless crime. I'd understand if the crime had a victim, but this obviously didn't. Also, it was a simple act of idiocy, and it's not like it would happen again even if it wasn't leaked. The ONLY reasons a mate would leak something like that is to either humiliate him, to profit by selling it, or if they were offended by the act. For the first 2 reasons, it's simply a dog act to leak/sell it, simple as that.

For the third reason, it's also comes down to the method they used to expose it. Wouldn't the sensible thing to do be taking it to either the NRL or the Raiders HQ, not leaking it to the media? The end result would be the same, while the matter would be kept more confidential.

The fact is, it wasn't a criminal act (in the ACT), whereas the method the person used to leak the picture had criminal intent behind it.

That's absolute bullsh*t. What about the dog?

The NRL will kick him out even if Joel doesnt step down or Raiders sack him.

Not the image needed for Canberra/Rugby League/humans

High Flyers

Juniors
Guys this is going to go INTERNATIONAL AROUND THE WORLD !!!

All the news will cover it....Rugby League and bestiality... sex with animals....

This is going to damage the games reputation....

Also mums and dads letting kids play soccer or bestiality football

I understand that people are upset, what has happened is unforgivable and the NRL is again faced with rebuilding its brand image. But lets put this into perspective. Its not the end of the world...

Seriously as a code we are the worst critics of our game. I dont think this kind of behaviour is acceptable but I also dont think we should be getting as carried away as the above poster.

Stop making sensationalist statements it doesnt help that supposed true fans are running around like lunatics. Other codes and their legions of trolls use our own our quotes to assist their agenda of destroying our game!!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I'm sure that administrators will now have all the photos from that day. If they can, they will try and keep all other details (ie other players names) under raps. They can do that, legally.

The NRL and Raiders don't want more players/people implicated in this. If it stays as Monaghan, it can be spun as one guy with mental issues rather than a whole thing about the NRL culture/mad monday's etc.

Monaghan's manager made the mistake of saying his team mates were responsible for sending the photo around. Automatically implicated others.
The danger is if monaghan doesn't go quietly (if the club decide to exit him). And if feels dudded by the someone the leaked the photos then he might squeal on whoever else was involved. Its a nasty situation for the club.

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
The danger is if monaghan doesn't go quietly (if the club decide to exit him). And if feels dudded by the someone the leaked the photos then he might squeal on whoever else was involved. Its a nasty situation for the club.

While Monaghan should feel bad about what he did, I agree that he should be livid with his team"mates". He DID put himself in that position, but his apparent "mates" should have realised that this was very serious and either a) stopped him from doing it or b) deleted the photo(s) straight away.

Noa

First Grade
On a selfish level I guess the Storm fans have some decent ammunition after the sh*t we copped this year from the Raiders.