What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Didgi

Actually, it's funny when you think about the dickhead raiders fans that were lording it over everyone when their team managed to make the finals for once.

For the majority that are decent human beings, no, not really.

gUt

Coach
So this can stay now right?

CanineRaiders.jpg

Raider_69

Post Whore
Actually, it's funny when you think about the dickhead raiders fans that were lording it over everyone when their team managed to make the finals for once.

For the majority that are decent human beings, no, not really.

at least our star player only his dick in a dog... yours had it in Charmayne Palavi

Eels Dude

Coach
Im undecided on punishment.

A still photo can make it look like he was sitting back enjoying a good BJ, where he may have flopped it out for a second...

However the damage thats about to come will be huge and in my opinion some people need to suffer the consequences, no matter how severe.

I guess I solved my quandry.

I don't think there's any doubt that it's the latter, but rather it's the whole concept that someone would consider such a prank acceptable that is appalling.

It is when these guys are representing a multimillion dollar business who is in a battle for fans.

You know the speel, roles models etc etc. I get the whole jackass, tom green sh*t I have seen it all and enjoyed it, but this guy is a regular bloke who has been given everything by the NRL/Raiders.

He isn't getting paid millions like Knocksville and Green to do this sh*t. All it does is feed a media hungry country like Aus and bring RL further down in the minds of possible converted fans (as well as current ones).

It seems as though we take 1 step forward and 2 steps back, that's what I can't cop!

I agree, the whole thing looks terrible and people will undoubtedly blow it out of proportion. The problem is, and has been for quite, young cashed up men not being able to handle their alcohol.

Unfortunately stupid incidents like this will keep occuring until the culture of the game & players change

:lol: Coming from a 14 year old twig who supports a total basket case team like the Cowgirls, quite amusing I must say

Didgi

at least our star player only his dick in a dog... yours had it in Charmayne Palavi

:lol:

Making a dog suck your dick is much better than having it off with a woman.

And Monaghan is not a 'star'. Canberra do not have stars :lol:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I'm not aware of anyone calling it 'sexual relations'. The media have been careful to call it a 'sex act' - which it is.

To be honest, I can't imagine getting drunk enough to do something like this. It's one out the box.

I yearn for the days when players got pissed and got into strife of nightclub incidents or making lewd phone calls. At least some people could relate to that.

And lol @ Waiders. Not a good week for you eh?

Sexual relations, sex act, whatever, my point was I seriously doubt he was actually getting his jollies off with the dog, rather than pretending to for the purpose of a silly photo.
And this is an important point, because while bestiality is a crime in most states, posing for silly photos isn't. It doesn't make it right of course, it was in extremely poor taste and it's embarrassed him, the club and the NRL, and he deserves some sort of punishment, but not of the level of a life ban IMO. If he'd actually been caught having sex with a dog, then that would be a different matter perhaps.

Didgi

:lol: Coming from a 14 year old twig who supports a total basket case team like the Cowgirls, quite amusing I must say

I like how you bite because you know you're one of the dickhead supporters :lol:

The Cowboys are safe financially, continue to attract good talent, have a strong junior base, and, most importantly imo, dont go around f**king dogs.

juanfarkall

Coach
Ok my emotions have died down..it's a f*cking dog licking his dick. It's 100000x worse than the Storm rort. The Storm rort is illegal in the competition, sure - but cheating in sport is common as homosapien sex.

This, is illegal (OK not in ACT,whatever) and f*cking disgusting. I know he's not probably doing this on the regular, but who cares. And don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for Joel. His life is f*cked. He'll be banned, he'll have to leave the country, he'll wear this until he dies. He must be in emotional turmoil. I hope someone is keeping an eye on him, seriously.

Just when you thought the NRL couldn't find a new way to have itself disgraced..here we go. You couldn't make this up.

I am not aware of and have not seen any pics of said player enjoying similar relations with a female human.
Is anyone else ?

Mum must be so proud

Noa

First Grade
Sexual relations, sex act, whatever, my point was I seriously doubt he was actually getting his jollies off with the dog, rather than pretending to for the purpose of a silly photo.
And this is an important point, because while bestiality is a crime in most states, posing for silly photos isn't. It doesn't make it right of course, it was in extremely poor taste and it's embarrassed him, the club and the NRL, and he deserves some sort of punishment, but not of the level of a life ban IMO. If he'd actually been caught having sex with a dog, then that would be a different matter perhaps.

I can sympathise with this point of view which makes me wonder what wtf were the Raiders and his manager thinking with there comments to the media.

All parties should have got together to present an angle before they opened there mouths

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Unfortunately stupid incidents like this will keep occuring until the culture of the game & players change
I'm unaware of the last time a player was photographed while performing a sex act with an animal.

Do you think it will happen again?

Apey

Staff member
Not particularly his area of expertise but..

Chris_hansen_watchingyoumirror.jpg

Why don't you take a seat Joel..