What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chefman21

Juniors
lol

it was originally on the SMH home page

fail
Which is why online polls are useless. Heard of the concept of self-interest? Only someone interested in a topic will respond to a topic. Which is what makes online polls useless. The sample is not controlled and does not give an accurate reflection of what people really think. Some people might skip over the poll by accident or on purpose. Some might not want to know about a man with a dog due to disgust. Some may just be sick of rugby league. No one forces people to do it, which means you can't get an accurate sample. In a site already cluttered with other polls, articles and various other forms of "noise", it makes it incredibly difficult to get an accurate sample. If someone has not heard what Joel Monaghan did then they won't answer. If someone doesn't know who the Canberra Raiders are or who Joel Monaghan is they won't answer. You need to remove variables and create a controlled environment for accurate assessment. That's a given by every scientist, researcher and statistician in the world.

err, no.

I think that an online poll at a Rugby League site will give a fairly accurate representation of what rugby League fans think.

How did you read that I think online polls are accurate into it?

Even allowing for you not assuming that I was talking about polls at neutral sites, as was your point in the post I was replying to, didn't the last sentence give you a clue?

How many trees die to make on online poll?
Just a reflection on your intelligence...

Mark Rudd

Juniors
God you're a bore, EA.

The only thing your love child Beaussie owned was you. Of course, you're to clever for anyone to 'own' you huh?

Poor EA. He has NO idea what 666 actually means......

chefman21

Juniors
Nice retort, you get that off an online poll?

How many trees...

Well if you want to get real technical, we could talk about how much land was cleared to build the power station, your home and the telephone exchange to allow that poll to be published. Or we would talk about how much coal was used to power the server and your computer.:roll:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not surprisingly the poll has evened right out now, just one vote in it - the hysteria a week on has now well and truly quelled.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Not sure where anyone would think I was saying that online polls are accurate.

The opposite in fact.

Maybe I should have put "You can get bigfooty, PR or LU mobilised in a heartbeat for an online poll at a neutral site. Online polls are worth the paper they're written on."
I meant the part in bold. I assumed it was a typo. Cheffy seemed to be taking it verbatim.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
oh it is bad for the dude.
I feel a bit sorry for him.

he'll be right though...off to england ...work abroad ...get paid heaps.

Anyone with half brain knows he doesn't really fug dogs.

Your vid cuts every 2 seconds...I saw it on the news twice last night.
F-Bomb ...silent version. totally understandable IMO.
Oh I know he'll be alright. Won't be short of quid in the near future. Just as well I supoose.

In fact I predict he'll back in the NRL in 2012. He'll get a wave of positive media and fans racked with guilt will give him a standing ovation. Except for Moffo.

Nevertheless, for all intents and purposes he has been driven out of his club, his town and out of the country for something stupid. That's tough and not about money.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ah Butch... so serious for one so young.

Yes I have seen the pic. It dropped into my inbox a little over a week ago. I wasn't impressed but I have seen much worse.

badav

Bench
In fact I predict he'll back in the NRL in 2012. He'll get a wave of positive media and fans racked with guilt will give him a standing ovation. Except for Moffo.

Ive seen some absolute clangers on this forum but this has to be right up there. Standing ovation? :lol::lol::lol:

League fan's are brutal and unforgiving. He will get absolutely hammered by crowds far and wide.

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
The whole thing sounds like a load of Haberdashery......Way to many pissy pants androtops in control of the game at the moment.

Last edited:
ive figured Dodge em Car out.. he's the dog in the photo lickin Mona's balls..

tell us.. was the peanut butter smooth or crunchy?

:lol::lol:

Dinner time...

clag.jpg

God you're a bore, EA.

The only thing your love child Beaussie owned was you. Of course, you're to clever for anyone to 'own' you huh?

Poor EA. He has NO idea what 666 actually means......

Not only did bearthur carve up your sorry arse in TFC, you followed him to bigfooty and made friends with him.

:lol:

Latest posts