What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joel Monaghan quits Raiders over Twitter pic

Should he be banned from the game for life?

• Yes

Votes: 137 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 154 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Well I got a post deleted for a joke. Sorry if I implied someone was guilty or it was misinterpreted as an allegation, just a joke.

I don't think it is important who took the photo, well not to us.

chefman21

Juniors
Yeah, no.

Razor is spot on.

The supporters of codes vote en-masse in online polls and have for years. If LU doesn't hear about the poll but bigfooty does, the results will be skewed toward AFL, and vice versa.

That's why you wouldn't put it on a AFL site. Or a rugby league site. It needs to be neutral. You need to remove as many if not all variables as possible when you do a survey/poll to limit the chance of getting a skewed result. By doing it on a rugby league site, you have created a bias. It's like asking how well the Prime Minister is going on the Labor site.

skeepe

Immortal
Maybe so but that's now moot. He stood himself down and will now likely play in the ESL.

Except it's not, is it? Gallop has indicated that the situation would have to be reviewed before he were allowed back in the NRL. That says to me that were he to still be employed by the Raiders, the NRL would de-register him.

Gallop clearly would have stopped him playing next year one way or the other, regardless of Monaghan's actions.

That's why you wouldn't put it on a AFL site. Or a rugby league site. It needs to be neutral. You need to remove as many if not all variables as possible when you do a survey/poll to limit the chance of getting a skewed result. By doing it on a rugby league site, you have created a bias. It's like asking how well the Prime Minister is going on the Labor site.

Have you just found this internet thingy?

You can get bigfooty, PR or LU mobilised in a heartbeat for an online poll. Online polls are worth the paper they're written on.

chefman21

Juniors
Have you just found this internet thingy?

You can get bigfooty, PR or LU mobilised in a heartbeat for an online poll. Online polls are worth the paper they're written on.

LOL. You think online polls are accurate? And you think a poll on a rugby league site is an accurate reflection of what people really think?:lol::lol::lol:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
he did well in his fairwell speech.

Even mouthed the F-Bomb.

onya mona's!!!!
Must have missed that. Will have another look later.

I heard him whisper "This is torture".

Here's the footage: http://www.foxsports.com.au/League/...950107497?subcat=1225914677120&site=FoxSports

Genuine remorse, and taking full responsibility. He is not trying to blame anyone else and the pain he's going through is clearly evident. I defy any self-proclaimed champion of moral decency to look at that and not feel for the guy. Makes you wonder about the bigger crime being committed.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
LOL. You think online polls are accurate? And you think a poll on a rugby league site is an accurate reflection of what people really think?:lol::lol::lol:
I'd say you took EA's post a little too literally. EA can correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like a typo there.

chefman21, you're the one calling for the poll to taken on another non-RL site. It's just a poll amongst forum members, that's all. I don't see anyone taken it as seriously as you are.

chefman21

Juniors
I'd say you took EA's post a little too literally. EA can correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like a typo there.

chefman21, you're the one calling for the poll to taken on another non-RL site. It's just a poll amongst forum members, that's all. I don't see anyone taken it as seriously as you are.

It's not that I'm taking the poll seriously. It's just that I think it would be an entirely different result if it was not in a rugby league site. And I am calling for the poll to be moved to a non league site to eliminate variables. I'm not a fan of online polls, as I prefer controlled methods of research using proper scientific methods, but since the online poll is the medium in question, I think if it was moved to a neutral site the results would be entirely different. I'm not saying that they would be less in favour of rugby league either. I'm saying it would give a better reflection of what people think who have no association to the game. Hell, it might even prove that I am wrong. Having said that, it would still not be a controlled method of sampling an audience.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Hardly surprising to see a parasite like Moffo enjoying this.

Nothing to do with morality. Everything to do with Tall Poppy Syndrome.

skeepe

Immortal
It's not that I'm taking the poll seriously. It's just that I think it would be an entirely different result if it was not in a rugby league site. And I am calling for the poll to be moved to a non league site to eliminate variables. I'm not a fan of online polls, as I prefer controlled methods of research using proper scientific methods, but since the online poll is the medium in question, I think if it was moved to a neutral site the results would be entirely different. I'm not saying that they would be less in favour of rugby league either. I'm saying it would give a better reflection of what people think who have no association to the game. Hell, it might even prove that I am wrong. Having said that, it would still not be a controlled method of sampling an audience.

A poll taken on the SMH website about whether he should be sacked returned a 53/47 split.

http://www.smh.com.au/polls/rugby-league/league-news/joel-monaghan/20101104-17fqm.html

That one good enough for you?

carcharias

Immortal
Must have missed that. Will have another look later.

I heard him whisper "This is torture".

Here's the footage: http://www.foxsports.com.au/League/...950107497?subcat=1225914677120&site=FoxSports

Genuine remorse, and taking full responsibility. He is not trying to blame anyone else and the pain he's going through is clearly evident. I defy any self-proclaimed champion of moral decency to look at that and not feel for the guy. Makes you wonder about the bigger crime being committed.

oh it is bad for the dude.
I feel a bit sorry for him.

he'll be right though...off to england ...work abroad ...get paid heaps.

Anyone with half brain knows he doesn't really fug dogs.

Your vid cuts every 2 seconds...I saw it on the news twice last night.
F-Bomb ...silent version. totally understandable IMO.

Not sure where anyone would think I was saying that online polls are accurate.

The opposite in fact.

Maybe I should have put "You can get bigfooty, PR or LU mobilised in a heartbeat for an online poll at a neutral site. Online polls are worth the paper they're written on."

simostorm

Bench
Not sure where anyone would think I was saying that online polls are accurate.

The opposite in fact.

Maybe I should have put "You can get bigfooty, PR or LU mobilised in a heartbeat for an online poll at a neutral site. Online polls are worth the paper they're written on."

im not sue why anyone would think anything you say is accurate..

the opposite is fact.

:lol::lol:

LOL. You think online polls are accurate?

err, no.
And you think a poll on a rugby league site is an accurate reflection of what people really think?:lol::lol::lol:

I think that an online poll at a Rugby League site will give a fairly accurate representation of what rugby League fans think.

How did you read that I think online polls are accurate into it?

Even allowing for you not assuming that I was talking about polls at neutral sites, as was your point in the post I was replying to, didn't the last sentence give you a clue?

How many trees die to make on online poll?