What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey risks his future

bluesbreaker

Bench
We all KNOW that EMPHASISING certain words in a SENTENCE certainly makes your points SEEM more valid, especially IF its just in RANDOM SPOTS... Isn't that right CHARLIE saab? Who the hell are you, Kaz all of a sudden? :lol: I couldn't really give a sh*t if Johns plays in the Tri-Nations or not, and I very much doubt Warrington will even make the Grand Final, but this whole thread has been Charlie Saab having a cry about Johns because it's his hobby, Kiwi making absolutely no sense as usual, and Misty Bee wasting his/her time arguing with you lunatics.

As for who's a better captain, Lockyer or Johns, :lol: look at how Johns makes the whole team perform. One will go down as an immortal, one will go down as being a great fullback but a sh*thouse 5/8th.

Misty Bee

First Grade
webcke turned down an Oz jersey as he valued his life and didnt want to be stuck Overseas had a war broken out. sept 2001 was a very dark time in the world in case you had not forgotten. Say a war had broken out...webcke would have been lucky he didnt go as he would be stuck there.
smith didnt turn down anything. He left australia to play in england and was completely out of the selection minds of the ARL.
Anderson chose him and he paid for it with his job. Stop reading what Misty says as half it is BS and bordering on spin doctoring!!!!!!!

F**k me you are dumb sometimes!!!!!

The last time there was a war in the UK, global travel didn't stop at all. Politicialns and indutrialists made plenty of trips abroad. Doc Evatt make about 12 trips overseas to London and the US during that time.

To say the Webcke would have been stuck in England is more fanciful than Peter Pan!!!!

BTW war did break out. US and friends v Afghanistan. I can't remember glodal air traffic stopping at all.

Maybe, if Joey said, "Look, I'll fly to Warrington in September, but I can't fly back to Australia in October because I have a fear of flying or getting blown up, or being stuck in Sydney" you'll accept that.

[/B]And here, my friends, is the single most STUPID post ever submitted to a website.It's classic. Read on....

how old are you? 10?
When war breaks out there is NO travel...ZERO.
sometimes i question the intelligence of this board!
we have fighter pilots in the sky and a jumbo flies past?????????????????????? My god you are naive!!!!!!!!!!

Let me pause while I roll on the floor in a fit of laughter......

There. That's better!

Charles, can you name the war in which ALL global travel stopped?

Misty Bee

First Grade
Darren Smith was not playing a game of football the day he was selected to play.
Darren Smith incident is completely and utterly different. I cant believe you would compare the 2

Yes you can. Smith was playing football in the UK the day that Au took on NZ that year.

Mr Saab

Referee
bluesbreaker..
lockyer will be known as a player that lead australia more times than Johns...and a player that didnt trade in his green and gold for the colours of warrington.
As i have said many a time...just because you are a great player doesnt mean you immediately selected as captain. Mal was not the best player 1990-1994 but was captain each time he was available to play.
Just another knights supporter who will always defend the indefensible.
Heck johns could murder the pope and you would defend him.

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Yes you can. Smith was playing football in the UK the day that Au took on NZ that year.

see this is why i hate debating with you as you have no idea about FACTS.
Australia was not playing NZ in 2003....they were on the Kangaroo Tour vs Great Britain! It was the third test....remember? Ricketson scored the match winning try?????? hellooooooooooo ring any bells now?
Luke Lewis was not selected play and Smith was.
There was no club game in ESL that day as there was a Test match on

Misty Bee

First Grade
Kiwi, neatly sidestepping the issue again....

Tell Peter Sterling that his Hull jumper from '85 meant nothing. The fact that Joey WANTES to play for Warrington must tell you somethnig about his comittment to 'em!!!!!

Yeah, that he wants to play for 'em somuch that he is desperately trynig to get out of the test match - the one that he still hasn't been selected for BTW - so he can honour his contract and help he side out.

Lets summarise. You believe Johns is an arsewipe because he would pick a GF over a test match. He is also an arsewipe for not welching on his club contract to play a test.

Hypocrite.

Misty Bee

First Grade
see this is why i hate debating with you as you have no idea about FACTS.
Australia was not playing NZ in 2003....they were on the Kangaroo Tour vs Great Britain! It was the third test....remember? Ricketson scored the match winning try?????? hellooooooooooo ring any bells now?
Luke Lewis was not selected play and Smith was.
There was no club game in ESL that day as there was a Test match on

So now the year 2003 only had 1 day in it, not the regular 365. On that day, Australia and GB had a test match which didn't conflict with a pommy club game!

Must have been new years day. Funny, the day after must have also been new years day, 2004. Bugger me, what happened to Easter???

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
F**k me you are dumb sometimes!!!!!

The last time there was a war in the UK, global travel didn't stop at all. Politicialns and indutrialists made plenty of trips abroad. Doc Evatt make about 12 trips overseas to London and the US during that time.

To say the Webcke would have been stuck in England is more fanciful than Peter Pan!!!!

BTW war did break out. US and friends v Afghanistan. I can't remember glodal air traffic stopping at all.

Maybe, if Joey said, "Look, I'll fly to Warrington in September, but I can't fly back to Australia in October because I have a fear of flying or getting blown up, or being stuck in Sydney" you'll accept that.

[/B]And here, my friends, is the single most STUPID post ever submitted to a website.It's classic. Read on....

Let me pause while I roll on the floor in a fit of laughter......

There. That's better!

Charles, can you name the war in which ALL global travel stopped?

as i said....no one knew what was happening at the time in 2001.
we are alll soooooooo smart in 2005 because we know nothing did happen...but at the time no one really knew 100%.
In world war 2 was there international travel? Sure in the 1940s travel is not like it is today in terms of the volume, but at the time there was no air travel

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
So now the year 2003 only had 1 day in it, not the regular 365. On that day, Australia and GB had a test match which didn't conflict with a pommy club game!

Must have been new years day. Funny, the day after must have also been new years day, 2004. Bugger me, what happened to Easter???

f**k me you are thick.
Darren Smith was in england at the time yes...but there was no ESL games on that day. There couldnt be as it was Great Britain vs Australia.
Smith just happened to still be there as the season had just ended and was training with the team as requested by Anderson and then was selected to play!!!!!!
I dont know why i have to spell everything out for you.
I dont know where you get this one day of the yr crap? I wanst the clown that said Austalia were playing NZ was here? Mr Knowitall Misty knows Sweet f**k aLL

Misty Bee

First Grade
There was no air travel in WWII because international air travel hadn't been invented yet!!!!!!

Back to 2003 and the missing 364 days....

Went to Daryl Bradfor's website and copied this bit of info....

Fri Jul 25, 2003
Australia 48 def New Zealand 6
AUSTRALIA KANGAROOS 48 (Tries: Sing 2, Tate 2, Lyon 2, Mason, Hegarty, Wing; Goals: Johns 6)
defeated NEW ZEALAND KIWIS 6 (Tries: Swain; Goals: Swain 1)
Venue: Aussie Stadium (Sydney). Referee: Bill Harrigan (Australia) Half time: Australia 30 - 0

AUSTRALIA: Darren Lockyer (Broncos), Anthony Minichiello (Roosters), Brent Tate (Broncos), Jamie Lyon (Eels), Matt Sing (Cowboys), Shaun Timmins (Dragons), Andrew Johns, captain (Knights), Shane Webcke (Broncos), Danny Buderus (Knights), Luke Bailey (Dragons), Gorden Tallis (Broncos), Dane Carlaw (Broncos), Luke Ricketson (Roosters). Subs: Craig Wing (Roosters), Willie Mason (Bulldogs), Petero Civoniceva (Broncos), Bryan Fletcher (Rabbitohs).

NEW ZEALAND: David Vaealiki (Eels), Matthew Utai (Bulldogs), Nigel Vagana (Bulldogs), Clinton Toopi (Warriors), Francis Meli (Warriors), Willie Talau (Bulldogs), Stacey Jones (Bulldogs), Paul Rauhihi (Cowboys), Richard Swain (Broncos), Ruben Wiki, captain (Raiders), Steven Kearney (Storm), Tony Puletua (Panthers), Awen Guttenbeil (Warriors), Subs: Monty Betham (Warriors), Jerry SeuSeu (Warriors), Logan Swann (Warriors), Joe Galuvao (Panthers).

Now, at the time, Darren Smith was playing in the UK. Therefore he missed that test because he was playing for a UK club!!!!! And it wasn't even a grand final!!!

So if it's OK for him, why not for Joey?

Understand?

Kiwi

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
Kiwi, neatly sidestepping the issue again....

Tell Peter Sterling that his Hull jumper from '85 meant nothing. The fact that Joey WANTES to play for Warrington must tell you somethnig about his comittment to 'em!!!!!

Yeah, that he wants to play for 'em somuch that he is desperately trynig to get out of the test match - the one that he still hasn't been selected for BTW - so he can honour his contract and help he side out.

Lets summarise. You believe Johns is an arsewipe because he would pick a GF over a test match. He is also an arsewipe for not welching on his club contract to play a test.

Hypocrite.

No I don't think he is an arsewipe. He is a fantastic player, brilliant player. What I do believe is like everyone else he should have to make the choice, ESL or Test jumper.

Just because Anderson wrongly called up Smith doesn't make it right that he gets both.

Personally i would love to see the strongest sides possible for the tri nations, for all three countries, but I still think he has to choose.

How did I side step the issue by the way, you were comparing 6 games at a club vs 10 or so years. Come on no one could honestly compare the two and keep a straight face.

Mr Saab

Referee
misty...i am sick of debating with you. Round and round in circles and you all you do is fish and ignore facts.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Just because Anderson wrongly called up Smith doesn't make it right that he gets both.

So, what if wayne Bennet wrongly called up Joey for matches 2 onward?

Where is there any bloody difference?????

Kiwi

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
There was no air travel in WWII because international air travel hadn't been invented yet!!!!!!

Back to 2003 and the missing 364 days....

Went to Daryl Bradfor's website and copied this bit of info....

Now, at the time, Darren Smith was playing in the UK. Therefore he missed that test because he was playing for a UK club!!!!! And it wasn't even a grand final!!!

So if it's OK for him, why not for Joey?

Understand?

It's different, for starters Smith should never have been selected.

Smith missed the test you listed because he wasn't in the squad period, he was actually contracted to an esl club for the year, not 6 games, not 1 game, but the year. He was called into the test he played in due to injuries, and there was an uproar about it, because it went against the no selecting esl based players policy.

Misty Bee

First Grade
misty...i am sick of debating with you. Round and round in circles and you all you do is fish and ignore facts.

A summary of Charlies 'facts'

Chris Anderson was sacked (He wasn't. His term of appointment expired naturally)

Brad Thorn and Tonie Carroll are free to play for any country they like. However, Andrew Johns MUST play for Australia, and even give up a grand final to do so

In warfare, all travel stops

and the pearler

2003 consisted of only 1 day. On that day, Australia played GB in a test match. Darren Smith was available for that match

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:

can tell you failed history.
International travel was around in the 1940s

Mr Saab

Referee
is coming from you who said in relation to Darren Smith in 2003 that he played NZ on the roo tour??????????????????

in world war 2 air travel stopped...

Kiwi

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
So, what if wayne Bennet wrongly called up Joey for matches 2 onward?

Where is there any bloody difference?????

What is it with you and you "what if's", IF Joeys plays both ESL and the tests, it'll be because the ARL has accepted his application, or he wont be in the squad. The only way Bennett could call him up if he isn't in the squad then is if there were injuries. And If that were the case, it was Bennett doing what Anderson did, i'd be in here bagging Bennett for it quick smart.

Misty Bee

First Grade
It's different, for starters Smith should never have been selected.

And you are arguing that Joey shuoldn't be selected. But if he is, then it's exactly the same.

Smith missed the test you listed because he wasn't in the squad period,

And Joey isn't in the squad, either. It hasn't been picked yet!

he was actually contracted to an esl club for the year, not 6 games, not 1 game, but the year. He was called into the test he played in due to injuries, and there was an uproar about it, because it went against the no selecting esl based players policy.

Length of contract doen't change the contract. Nor should the reasons the selectors chose him or not. Fact was that Smith was unavailable for the Kiwi test (forget the pommy test for a second) because he was playing for an ESL club.

Therefore,it's exactly the same. And Smith's club game wasn't a grand final either.

Latest posts