What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey risks his future

Mr Saab

Referee
what ESL club game did smith miss to play in the test match vs GB in 2003???????
please i am dying to know

Misty Bee

First Grade
can tell you failed history.
International travel was around in the 1940s

yes, by boat and train. As I've previously explained. Air travel (apart from about 10 flying boats) didn't come around until after the war

Misty Bee

First Grade
what ESL club game did smith miss to play in the test match vs GB in 2003???????
please i am dying to know

Irellevent. The issue, as you pathetically fail to grasp, is the Kiwi test mid year.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Misty should Smith have been called up by Anderson?

That's irellevent. You answer my hypothetical re Meninga and Daily and I'll answer that.

Actually, I'll answer now. Apart from a form issue, I had no problem with it.

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Irellevent. The issue, as you pathetically fail to grasp, is the Kiwi test mid year.

ok dair enough...but please tell me the last time Darren Smith was selected to playh for australia? BEFRORE the 2003 test

Misty Bee

First Grade
ok dair enough...but please tell me the last time Darren Smith was selected to playh for australia? BEFRORE the 2003 test

Dunno,a few years maybe. And Joey's in exactly the same situation. hasn't played for Oz for a few years. Relevence?

Mr Saab

Referee
andrew Johns WILL be selected to play for australia....you are kidding yourself otherwise.
Darren Smith's career was coming towards the end and his rep career was well over by the time he went overseas

Striker

Juniors
Wow, there has been some amazing posts in this thread. There are a few things I would like to state on the actual subject.

1. Club should always come before country.. Yes they should not schedual international matches when major club matches are on, but a player should be allowed to play for his club without hurting his representative career.

2. I don't have any problem at all with Johns playing in the ESL for a few matches. If Warrington want him to play then he should be able to play without hurting his representative opportunities.

3. When the ARL announce the squad Johns should be named, then he approaches them and informs them that he is contracted to the Warrington Wolves and they are involved in a Grand Final on the day of the first Australia Match so I will be unavailable for that match. ARL replies simply, see you for the second game. Simple as that.

I cannot see the major problem with the Johns incident or the Darren Smith incident. I thought Anderson bringing Smith into the side worked a charm, if I remember correctly Smith played pretty well in that game.

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
yes, by boat and train. As I've previously explained. Air travel (apart from about 10 flying boats) didn't come around until after the war

google is your friend...international travel WAS around in the 1940s

Misty Bee

First Grade
andrew Johns WILL be selected to play for australia....you are kidding yourself otherwise.
Darren Smith's career was coming towards the end and his rep career was well over by the time he went overseas

There's another interesting point. You reckon Wayne Bennet will pick Joey even though he's unavailable?

Given the recent TBA incident with Tonie Carroll, do you really reckon Benny would b so obstinate?

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
There's another interesting point. You reckon Wayne Bennet will pick Joey even though he's unavailable?

Given the recent TBA incident with Tonie Carroll, do you really reckon Benny would b so obstinate?

bennett wont pick him.

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
BTW Charlie, John Curtin flew BY AIR to the US in 1944.

Dickhead.

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761572047_2/Aviation.html

i found this very interesting regarding international travel in the 1940s

In 1945, U.S. military-aircraft production was sharply curtailed, but civilian-aircraft orders increased considerably. By the end of the year, U.S. manufacturers held orders for 40,000 planes, in contrast to the former production record for civilian use of 6,844 planes in 1941. Again the domestic and international airlines of the U.S. broke all records, with all categories of traffic showing substantial gains over 1944. Both passenger fares and basic freight rates were reduced. International commercial services were resumed in 1945.

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty...call parliament house...talk to Robert Hill and ask him this simple question ...
"If a full scale war breaks out will there be continued international air travel"