What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joey swears officials got it all wrong -SMH

lazza

Juniors
OVP said:
I saw the swearing, but im gutted he didnt throw his mouthguard. Maybe he only reserves that for when people like Fittler, school him big time.

hehehehe. that was the best game!

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Andrew Johns is undoubtedly the best player in our game at the moment. It could be argued that he is the best of all time, as his skills are unbelieveable. We are lucky to be watching such a talent.

Unfortunately, this same player, is a self centered wanker, that believes that he is above the game. His petulance and disgraceful behaviour will forever consign him to the 'Brilliant but not Loved' category of sportsman.

I am sick to death of him, Fordham, Matty, Chief and all of the other groupies that shield him. I now wish you had gone to Rugby, because we would not have heard from you again.

What a laod of sh*t your all talking..if your top4 spot is under threat and you get a bullsh*t call from a touch judge with one last play for a shot then there would be every player in ANYONES team huddling around and telling the ref what to do...Good on Johns for calling the useless stick what he called him.Some people just need to be told.Youll probably hear from Finch on monday that they got the call wrong and should have set a scrum...ITS A KNOCK ON IN ANYONES UNDERSTANDING:crazy:

Ziggy the God said:
Andrew Johns is undoubtedly the best player in our game at the moment. It could be argued that he is the best of all time, as his skills are unbelieveable. We are lucky to be watching such a talent.

Unfortunately, this same player, is a self centered wanker, that believes that he is above the game. His petulance and disgraceful behaviour will forever consign him to the 'Brilliant but not Loved' category of sportsman.

I am sick to death of him, Fordham, Matty, Chief and all of the other groupies that shield him. I now wish you had gone to Rugby, because we would not have heard from you again.
:roll: What a wank!

dragondad

First Grade
Second time that Simpkins has reffed Newcastle that their has been abuse hurled at him.

Carney,Johns and Buderus should be sited.Can't believe that Hagan said,in the circumstances what he said was alright!!:lol:

What a dropkick

dragondad said:
Second time that Simpkins has reffed Newcastle that their has been abuse hurled at him.

Carney,Johns and Buderus should be sited.Can't believe that Hagan said,in the circumstances what he said was alright!!:lol:

What a dropkick
Thisssss from a dragons supporter!ohhh please:lol:

Alex28

Coach
How high and mighty are you guys?

The tall poppy syndrome is alive and well in here as ever. The guy swears in the heat of pressure and passion. Who gives a rats arse? The match officials had an awful game - in the context of what happened (decision against Newcastle where basically everyone saw a knock on by Manly with a minute or so to go) you could expect any player to explode.

However because it's Johns and it's Newcastle you guys can carry on...it's tiresome guys.

Get over him. Enjoy his brilliance. Ignore the media and hype about him and watch the best player of our generation play awesome football.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
"I think he would be entitled to swear at him," Hagan maintained.

I sincerely hope he was misquoted.

In a season where players are being sent from the field for dissent, and coaches are being fined for publicly questioning referees, it'll be interesting to see how this pans out.

tbone10

Juniors
Being a referee, its really good getting children to see Joey swearing. Then they think its ok and they can do it to the ref too. Great Role Model Rugby League has got itself there!

Johns Magic

Referee
tbone10 said:
Being a referee, its really good getting children to see Joey swearing. Then they think its ok and they can do it to the ref too. Great Role Model Rugby League has got itself there!

As a referee, did you notice more players anally probing their opponents circa-2001?

Holla if ya hear me said:
What a laod of sh*t your all talking..if your top4 spot is under threat and you get a bullsh*t call from a touch judge with one last play for a shot then there would be every player in ANYONES team huddling around and telling the ref what to do...Good on Johns for calling the useless stick what he called him.Some people just need to be told.Youll probably hear from Finch on monday that they got the call wrong and should have set a scrum...ITS A KNOCK ON IN ANYONES UNDERSTANDING:crazy:

ooookaay,using your logic

when Mattai and Robertson were taken out by carney and ???? , well into the second half, when the ball was kicked into the in goal and both commentators said a penalty should have been awarded.......did you see the Manly players call the touchy an "effing c".......one word..........no

they just got on with the match......that is what being a mature adult is all about

johns is a pathetic petulant little child

Dragonwest

Juniors
dragondad said:

What a dropkick

Its ok im sure Simpkins will get to ref saints next week and make his stand against decent then, just like he did three weeks ago. I can see it now, refs awards penalty, Ryles walks up and asks "Im sorry sir may i kindly ask what that well thought out penalty was for?" ending with Ryles being exciled to Syberia for life in a straight jacket. ;-)

Ziggy the God

First Grade
:roll: What a wank!

Sorry, you are right. I should respect him for throwing mouthguards, telling Refs and Touchies that they are cuarnts, snubbing a ceremony in his honour, all because he is 'PASSIONATE'.

That is a wank.

Iafeta

Referee
Surandy said:
50-50 call? That was a bullsh*t call, pure and simple. Why the f**k the NRL persists with Checcin is beyond me, that guy is absolutely hopeless, he couldn't even get a call to 000 correct!

Irrespective of the call. Refereeing is a tough gig. You don't get it right 100% of the time. Hell, not even the players get their on field play 100% of the time, and it might infurirate the referee but you don't hear him tell the player he's an f'n c.

Suspension. Pure and simple. The guy is a serial offendor and he needs to be made an example out of.

Iafeta

Referee

It doesn't matter.

The bloke is a serial offendor. Mouthguard thrower, not accepting awards, not talking to the press, swearing, all the contrary conduct scenarios under the sun basically. But he's been treated like King Farooq?

Make an example out of him and give him a good hard piece of soap and maybe his attitude will change.