What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns Out.

knights girl

Juniors
Andrew Johns has been ruled out of tomorrow nights clash with the storm.He is suffering from neck soreness after hurting it at training.

Hallatia

Referee
I actually fancy Knights' chances a bit more now, they often find the power to lift when things like this happen, I also really rate Mullen, I still think Storm will win but it should be a good game

RABK

Referee
It doesn't sound right. I'm not saying he'll play, but is it really neck soreness keeping him out?

You wouldn't think neck soreness would keep him out of his 250th game against the premiership favourites infront of a bumper home crowd, especially when he has a point to prove after last week. Smith and Joey getting along? Doesn't seem like it.

I've grown tired of the Andrew John circus, we're paying $500,000 a year for a side show.

knights girl

Juniors
Yep josh perry has neck soreness and he's playin.
Can't figure Andrew out lately and he wants to play S.O.O.??

Burwood

Bench
Locky_Jr said:
I actually fancy Knights' chances a bit more now, they often find the power to lift when things like this happen, I also really rate Mullen, I still think Storm will win but it should be a good game

I wouldn't go as far as saying that we are a better chance of winning, but it should set the platform for some big individual games. Guys like Kidley, Mullen, Simpson and especially Buderus will hopefully all look at this as a good opportunity to some what make amends for last weeks poor effort.

roopy

Referee
Good decision if he has any sort of injury.
He is playing sh*t and we really want him fit and ready for the finals.
Abes to 5/8 and Snowden in I reckon.

Hallatia

Referee
Burwood said:
I wouldn't go as far as saying that we are a better chance of winning, but it should set the platform for some big individual games. Guys like Kidley, Mullen, Simpson and especially Buderus will hopefully all look at this as a good opportunity to some what make amends for last weeks poor effort.
I do actually believe that it increases Knights' chances of winning and not just for that reason, it would mean a changed game plan from the Storm and Knights play a lot differently without Joey, they are not a worse team or a better team without him, they are a different team and MElbourne will have to adapt to that

Burwood

Bench
roopy said:
Good decision if he has any sort of injury.
He is playing sh*t and we really want him fit and ready for the finals.
Abes to 5/8 and Snowden in I reckon.

If Abes moves to 5/8 and we are short a backrower, who would be the first choice? It would be great to see Taufua get a run. Tanner might also be with a look in.

EDIT: Just saw Captain Fred's reply and reyno would be the obvious choice.

RABK

Referee
Why announce it? There is no set rule that you have to announce when a player pulls out through injury, you just have to name your final team 1 hour before kick off.

Sure, prepare for the game without Johns - train without letting the media in. But why give Melbourne a day to prepare to play us minus Johns?

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Hallatia

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
Why announce it? There is no set rule that you have to announce when a player pulls out through injury, you just have to name your final team 1 hour before kick off.

Sure, prepare for the game without Johns - train without letting the media in. But why give Melbourne a day to prepare to play us minus Johns?

Stupid, stupid, stupid.
not necessarily, could be head games

Burwood

Bench
Red and Blue Knight said:
Why announce it?

Can you imagine the back page of the Sunday papers if the Knights kept it under wraps? More 'exclusives' about Johns' connection with Hayson. I'm glad they announced it now if it avoids a week of Johns-bashing over in the NRL forum;-)

Latest posts