What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns Out.

Stranger

Coach
Locky_Jr said:
I actually fancy Knights' chances a bit more now, they often find the power to lift when things like this happen, I also really rate Mullen, I still think Storm will win but it should be a good game

Ur an idiot. Go post whore elsewhere.

roopy

Referee
One thing i would take bets on - the team that runs out tomorrow will have players not named and positional changes that will surprise everyone.

Stranger

Coach
" Newcastle Knights captain Andrew Johns has been ruled out of Saturday's clash with the Melbourne Storm at Energy Australia Stadium.
The champion halfback is suffering neck soreness, following a contact training session. He has had a quarterzone injection but will miss the round 4 NRL clash."

Source Fox Sports News - Its on TV, can't find a written source atm.

Frederick

Staff member
I really don't know whether this is good or bad for us. Yes he's possibly the greatest player to have ever played the game, but he looked rusty as hell on Monday Night. Also, take him out of the team, and it's more or less the same team that beat the Bulldogs and Dragons. I really don't know what to think of the game now :?

roopy

Referee
a quarterzone injection is one given between the 20 and 30 metre lines - it's in all the medical books

roopy

Referee
but seriously - if he is getting cortisone injections he might be out for a while.

Jono078

Referee
I think Storm are due for an off game, so now with Johns out they may relax even more and rest some players with niggling injuries instead of risking them.

But this is getting Ridiculous. Hopefully Johns can start stringing a few games together and find some form.

Then again who knows, it could be a plan of Smith's to rest him alot this year and let him come good for the finals if we make it that far?

Frederick

Staff member
Jono078 said:
Then again who knows, it could be a plan of Smith's to rest him alot this year and let him come good for the finals if we make it that far?
How is that beneficial for us? We all saw how poorly he played without any game time under his belt.

cram

Bench
Red and Blue Knight said:
I've grown tired of the Andrew John circus, we're paying $500,000 a year for a side show.

I have to agree with this. It is starting to become a just that. I want to rest, I want to play origin, I want to do what I want to do and everyone else can jam it.

I am over JOHNS, I will always remember his brilliance but I can well do without the dramatics he brings the game and the club. Like Kelly Slater said, "....he has a big ego."

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I'm with some other people on here. Johns being out isn't such a dramatic loss. Yes, in the first two games we didn't look that good, but last week we were disgraceful. It's not rocket science to find out that the boys relax when Johns is there. They expect him to do everything. When he's not there, they roll the sleeves up and help each other out. I'm expecting the boys to fire up.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
cram said:
I have to agree with this. It is starting to become a just that. I want to rest, I want to play origin, I want to do what I want to do and everyone else can jam it.

I am over JOHNS, I will always remember his brilliance but I can well do without the dramatics he brings the game and the club. Like Kelly Slater said, "....he has a big ego."
I'm as passionate about the Knights as a lot of people on here, and I have to applaud what you just said Cram. Absolutely spot on. :clap:

Bicey_18

Bench
I think it would be best if he packed his bags and headed to warrington next year.... this is getting ridiculous

Jono078

Referee
Frederick said:
How is that beneficial for us? We all saw how poorly he played without any game time under his belt.
Sorry should have said it better.. I meant resting him for these earlier rounds and not seriously playing him until round 14 onwards..

Frederick

Staff member
I just saw footage of it on a news update...he ran into Woolnoughs shoulder :fist:

Latest posts