What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Johns Out.

fred_knight

Juniors
What antics?? the bloke gets knocked the f**k out in round one, misses a week, has a crap game and then gets injured in training...hardly "antics" more like bad friggin luck.
the guy is a super star, and when he is in top form all the haters here will be on his tip saying how great he is..
have sum loyalty for the man

Frederick

Staff member
It's more the "media circus" antics - holding the club for ransom, delaying announcements on retirement, etc etc. that we're all fed up with.

Yosh

Coach
I am seroiusly amazed at some people in this forum. JOEY IS THE BEST PLAYER EVER MAN. We are always a better chance when he is playing. Seriously how can anyone say that its better without him. Everyone has bad games, just when great players have bad ones it shows more.

Last week we got ripped, but it was our defence that let us down. Joey can defend the whole freakin line. We need to improve our defence is we want to win anything. I doubt we will beat Melbourne but if we let them score under 20 points then its a good loss.

Hopefully Joey isnt injured for long. Hopefully Mullen does well

knights girl

Juniors
I hope he doesn't retire.I have season tickets and have so for the last few years.
I got them for my family so my kids can say they saw the great andrew johns play.
Newcastle without joey..........mmm not something I'm looking forward to. :roll:

CJKnight

Juniors
So *hypothetically* if Johns DOES choose to retire... what will the team changes be?

Will Smith bring Kidley back into the halves? Because I really don't think Dureau is ready for FG just yet. Could we see Karawana brought up from PL? Or will Smith choose to put Abes at 5/8 and create another forward for us in doing so?

Bicey_18

Bench
knights girl said:
I hope he doesn't retire.I have season tickets and have so for the last few years.
I got them for my family so my kids can say they saw the great andrew johns play.
Newcastle without joey..........mmm not something I'm looking forward to. :roll:

As a Knights fan I am really excited about the future and I think everyone else should be too. Sure Joey would be a huge loss but overtime seeing the young kids come in as well as other decent purchases will be exciting times...

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Now I've had some time to settle down after what I said last night. I still stand by my comments regarding the "Andrew Johns circus", but as has been said before, the look on Matty's face last night said a thousand words. Personally, I think the end is nie, and if it means Joey being stranded on 249 games for the betterment of his life after footy, then so be it. As a fan, I'll never forget the 1997 Grand Final, the 2001 Grand Final and the 2001 thumping of the Broncos on his return from his knee injury. These are just a few memories which will stick with me for the rest of my life.

Its apparent to me he won't run around next year, and may not play another game fullstop (although the Newcastle Herald has quoted him as saying "This is not the end" in today's paper) but its time for the young Knights to stand up and be counted.

keeney

First Grade
Exactly, it's gotten to a time when although Johns is still a great player, the bullsh*t and his form don't warrant enough to get devastated over. I've been excited about the future since last year. I've also come to accept the fact that this year is most likely a throw away rebuilding year (although I still hope against hope otherwise). I'll remember what I wish about JOhns, but the current Johns has hardly seemed a shadow on the one I remembered since round 6-7 last year, perhaps its hasty drawing conclusions this early.

Grogmonster

Juniors
I know the official reason that Joey was out this game was that he had a neck injury caused from training. But the real reason was he needs exrtra money and had to make it by selling his mouth to blokes in the public toilets. While doing this his natural enthusiasm for enjoying the c**k caused his apparent neck injury.

Big Tim

First Grade
Dilmah said:
I'm amazed at the negativity more than anything.

:crazy: Me 2 mate.... If I knew the Newcastle fans felt like this, I would struggle to play on behalf of them.

Id be looking out for #1