What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Join the Parramatta Football Club!!!!

strider

Post Whore
i'll get on the bandwagon too ... i got mine :nwave:

so - where do i vote and who do i vote for :lol:

bartman

Immortal
Me too...

The renewal letter seems to suggest that you can renew at the office immediately prior to the AGM (and hence have the "current badge" and be eligible to vote), but they're encouraging you to send in the slip through the post ahead of time (and without money)? Or am I reading it wrong...?

Nikki

Coach
What a bloody doofus I am!!! Went into the Footy Office today to pick up my Fiji tickets, but it didnt even dawn on me to pay my Footy Club fees #-oIm so used to doing it at the AGM

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I got my nomination form in the mail today from Fitzy and notice of the AGM.

Now if only I had a clue on who to nominate.........................:-k

El Diablo

Post Whore
I got my nomination form in the mail today from Fitzy and notice of the AGM.

Now if only I had a clue on who to nominate.........................:-k

not that i can vote, but i got it too

saw the vote bit and thought how the hell would some know who to vote for or could they only vote if they attended the AGM?

Hellsy

Immortal
Update!!!!! 231 people!!!!!
Please note yearly memberships are $25/year

Address/Payment/Board Meeting details:
The Board meet few months or so and they approve members in that, your application will just wait until the next one comes around.

Parramatta District Rugby League Club Ltd
PO Box 2666
North Parramatta
NSW 1750 (yes this is correct!!!)

Payment is best made by sending a cheque in with the forms (made out to the PDRLCL), or else get a money order from your bank, otherwise you may have to contact them, or if you live nearby drop in and pay in cash.
Phone: (02) 8843 0300
Fax: (02) 8843 0318
Email: pr@parraeels.com.au

These people have been sent a form by mail they should have received it by now depending on where they live:
LU Total = 173
Eelsta - +3
Flatch
Booey - +4
QHF
Macquarie Scorpions
Bartman
Rowdy
PB
Twizzle
eelz47 +3
eelaholic
UTE
Colonel
Leasa - +2
Tin
Oscarman
Eelman03
Kornstar - +4 friends
drtymind - +1
Spiderdan
eels74
lisaeels - +7 friends
PJMarshal
Kylie_J
Parra Guru
btaag + 1
AlexTheEel
paulb88
eel4life +1
Zuke +1
Noosa-eel
Freak2 +1
YY Cheng
Strider
Eelementary +2
WA Eel
Angry_eel
Forward Pass
Moggles +2
Sooper Dooper
noyd
half
lango13 +1
Mistybee
Dazeely
Macca
Glenn
poojar
kevvie
Aneeltilidie - + 2
Herbert Powell - +1
Mr_E - +1
Mickdo
Hollywood Jesus
the merch
Haynzy - +1
Half
Tyler Durden
johnkolc
ParraPhantom - +2
Thedux - +1
Jodeci - +4
Fisheel
Hindyscrack
HindyRulz - +1
_goParra
EELMAN JACK
Scottyeel +1
chrismiass +1
parrathruandthru +2
MaroubraEel +1
Agent Mulder
Daneel
Bazal
Parra R 4 Me
Morentio +1
Suitman
Eelectric +4
parra-matters
FROSTY319
fanaticeel
matteels
aenemus
ISHAC1
JKS
Scoops
parramatta_eels_123 + 2
albs_99 + 1
KaboobieGarfunkelShazam
Oudenryn
emjaycee
BBQ'd Iguana
Captain BF
1 Eyed TEZZA
Avenger + 1
1 un-named forum member
butch82
El Diablo
Selkirk
1 un-named forum member
Bazza + 2
Goey Man’s Friends – 6
1 un-named forum member

Official board Total = 34
Eel54
Ringomitch
Chiffru + 3
Luigi + 1
Gleneel
BluenGoldwestie + 1
parraeelectric
CumberlandAshes81
Swordland
eel33 + 5
Northerneel
Jewel + 1
Eels R No 1
billtorps +1
SweenEel +1
B-Tron + 3
Parra66
Eel of the East

These people will need to be taken care of by the people who know them (Total = 24):
+ 2 of my friends that sit behind me in the Cronin Stand (Hellsy)
+ 1 friend from work (Hellsy)
+ 3 friends of MITS (Hellsy)
+ 3 friends of PP (Parra Pete)
+ 10 friends of Belly (Belly)
+ 4 casual readers (Hellsy)
+ 1 friend from NZ (Hellsy)

Is there anyone else out there who wants to join???

If anyone else is interested please PM me with the following details:
1. Full name
2. Address to send form (Work, Home or an Aussie relative if you are overseas)
3. How many forms would you like?

Hellsy

Immortal
Ok, I think I can clear up some of these queries
Me too...

The renewal letter seems to suggest that you can renew at the office immediately prior to the AGM (and hence have the "current badge" and be eligible to vote), but they're encouraging you to send in the slip through the post ahead of time (and without money)? Or am I reading it wrong...?
You can post if you pay by cheque as with the process when you actually join up
You can pay at the office now, but prior to the meeting on the Sunday you will be able to rock up and get your badge with payment on the spot... this is very tedious though so don't do it if you can pay earlier or send in a cheque

Silly question....

The form asks to renew but my 12 months is not up yet?

Also the form asks who should we vote for? Who are the candiates?
Your yearly membership is up. Regardless of when you joined it is not like a gym membership. The membership runs for the calendar year so if you joined up in August 2008 then you are asked to renew for 2009 now. You still get all the benefits of being a member for 2008 as the only things that happen are at this end of the year.

Also - you have note been asked to vote, only nominate - see response to El Diablo below

not that i can vote, but i got it too

saw the vote bit and thought how the hell would some know who to vote for or could they only vote if they attended the AGM?

The letter you received is not to vote, it is 'nominations for the board of directors' so at the moment people may be writing in Eric Grothe Snr as their nomination then he is eligible to run for the board in the actual AGM. You should get notice of who is running when the rest of the paperwork comes in before the meeting (along with the colour booklet and financial report) as that is why the nominations close on the 21/11/08 and the ballot draw happens on 28/11/08. This is all sorted and printed ready for the actual AGM. The proxy's to vote (if they do proxy's.. I can't remember) should come with this as well.

In reality you can only vote at the AGM. But if you chose a voting member as your proxy then their vote counts for 2 so you have to choose a proxy who votes the same way you do.
Unless there is an option to vote absentee.. but I'm not 100% sure if they have to offer that.
This is how all proxy's work in every club I have been a part of including the strata at my place of residence.

Does that answer some questions??

Last edited:

Hellsy

Immortal
whoever you want aslong as they're members and they agree to be nominated for the board..

the same thing was explained to me by MITS today..:D

Not VOTE. NOMINATE.
The form is asking us to nominate... please everyone be clear of understanding on this.
Once all nominations are in then a voting list is prepared for the AGM. See my response to El Diablo above.

MITS - If I have stuffed anything up please let me know (or anyone else for that matter)

Hellsy I am sooooooooo proud of you right now, I can't tell you.

Yes it is a nomination form. Notice where it says on the form Endorsement of nominee.

So if you want to nominate someone for the board, you tell them Right their name down and get them along with yourself to sign the form and send it in to be part of the Ballot.

You are also sooooooo correct on the Membership thing it is great.

In reality, the Club’s Membership year runs as was stated in the last letter from the 1st of September to the 31st of August. When you pay your Membership at the AGM you get the 2009 Badge which is for next year. You are in effect paying 10 months in advance, well that is how I figured it when I spoke to football club operations manager Kevin Wise.

Hellsy

Immortal
Sweet.
Its pretty much standard practice and rules with most clubs that have a board etc.
Its the same with Leagusies/Bowlo's blah blah blah

Yeah the membership timeframe baffles me to be honest. It woudl cause less confusion to run it Jan-Dec... that way when people get renewal notices in November it makes more sense.... but whatever..