What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jonathon WRIGHT

lingard

Coach
I was very impressed with Wright. In my opinion, Ben Smith is gone. I`m wondering, now, where this leaves Krisnan Inu. I think he`d better hurry up and pull his finger out, or he may just be gone as well - which would be a pity, because at his best, he`s great to watch.

_mUSASHI_

Juniors
Yeah, Wright had a great debut, except for THAT miss. And I would be having nightmares for not scoring, when all he had to do was keep running straight after he caught the ball from Robson, or divert slightly to the corner. Crikey that was a bad read on his behalf.

But overall looked really good.

And how effin good was Eric Grothe Jnr, crikey. Outstanding game, surely they have to consider him for Origin, McManus was useless and slow.

Wouldnt mind an origin back 3 of Hayne, Grothe and Monahan with Gidley at 6.

slippery_sucker

Juniors
lol... he may be a great player staggers... but from what i seen yesterday his not what we need... i know that decision making in his first game isn't gonna be great as it wasn't... but he lacks speed and agility!!!
I dont care that DA likes how he went... his suppose to say that... his not gonna come out and bag his own debutant to the media

Stagger eel

Staff member
lol... he may be a great player staggers... but from what i seen yesterday his not what we need... i know that decision making in his first game isn't gonna be great as it wasn't... but he lacks speed and agility!!!
I dont care that DA likes how he went... his suppose to say that... his not gonna come out and bag his own debutant to the media

I never said he was a great player (lol like they all have to be great) but he's certainly not as bad as you make him out, he's served his apprentership well, played in a few lower grade grand finals has scored several tries and deserved his call up.

slippery_sucker

Juniors
I never said he was a great player (lol like they all have to be great) but he's certainly not as bad as you make him out, he's served his apprentership well, played in a few lower grade grand finals has scored several tries and deserved his call up.

didnt say he didnt deserve his call up

cgee221

Juniors
... but he lacks speed and agility!!!

Yeah apparently Reddy didn't have speed or agility when he came into first grade either....He's not going to be a world beater but he seems reliable and I have to say for all our erratic "superstars", reliability and stability is also needed to compliment these players. To me Joel Reddy is the first picked back each week, because you ask him to do a job and he will do it. I always feel safe with Reddy.

Pazza

First Grade
what i love about reddy is he turns up every week, he is a great strike player and doesnt get the props guys like hayne and inu get so we dont have to pay massive overs to keep him.

I don't think Wright has got aything to his game that makes him special. He's definbately not a centre that's for sure. He wasn't that great in the juniors and just seemed like an honest player.

If anything he will make a good 3rd or 4th back up.

roopy

Referee
The thing that holds him back is that he is very slow over short distances and laterally.
He has always been surprizingly good in attack because he reads the play really well, and he is good in defence when he doesn't have to cover a lot of ground, but a lot of guys run around.

dazeely

First Grade
Yeah apparently Reddy didn't have speed or agility when he came into first grade either....He's not going to be a world beater but he seems reliable and I have to say for all our erratic "superstars", reliability and stability is also needed to compliment these players. To me Joel Reddy is the first picked back each week, because you ask him to do a job and he will do it. I always feel safe with Reddy.

spot on. Reddy rocks............

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I thought he went ok, that defensive lapse was a spaz attack, the play is done at junior level, he should've read it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Is there anyone coming up through the grades who has a style like Jennings?

we probably need to go to SG Ball to see an outside back with similar explosive running style like Jennings. He's a fullback by the name of Jaydon tevita

spiderdan

Bench
he reminded me of ben smith in his rookie year. pretty good first game. i am a little confused though about all the salary cap hoopla that went on a few weeks ago and why we couldn't play some rookies then.

Latest posts