What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Davis

True EEL said:
Jake the snake said:
TE,

This is what i said:

""It pains be to say this But I'd rather someone like Luke Burt playing for us than someone who's thinking is all about money."

I didn't say put him back into the centres or anything of the sort. Burt is a bad player in my eyes but if I had the choice of a money hungry grub and Burt, then I would choose burt to me at our club playing for us.

Jake,

thats all fine,

but after all the sh*t you have said about Luke Burt and other players, i just can't begin to fathom how you could dsimply shut out any thought of Davis and just settle so easily for Luke Burt and then still call him a bad player (which i don't believe he is)....... :? :? :?

Its easy mate its my Opinion. I don't rate Luke Burt as a player but I have said time after time that he took a pay cut to stay with us which says alot about him as a person and his loyalty. Josh Davis on the other hand comes on the scene and the 1st thing he says is MONEY. What i'm trying to say that even though (in my opinion) that Burt is a crap player, I would rather someone with his love Parra to be playing with parra than some greedy little bastard. Doesn't mean I would select burt in the team as there are other options to him.

Utey

Coach
HAHAHAHAH True EEL you make me laugh. You take everything so personally. Heres a hint DONT!!!! Its all fun and games on here and I mean I could see somene getting veyr very angry if they followed Manly but we are EELS fans we have many fine years ahead of us on and off the field.

Eelavation :clap: :clap: :clap: (about the handbags)

bartman

Immortal
True Eel, mate... you really need to lose the chip off your shoulder, and not take things personally. :)

I happen to agree with some of your concerns about Smith, the club's direction etc, and have said as much in many threads pre-dating your arrival. But I can't get revved up to contribute in support of those same ideas in your threads/posts when they're prefaced with or presented alongside your "everyone hates me, I may as well go and eat worms" attitude. :(

If you look back beyond your starting date of 4 July 2004 you'll see that I along with many others (including the people you think are rallying against everything you say :roll: ) have discussed and debated these same club issues extensively. This may surprise you, but people that you think are against you have previously shown they have open minds and even changed their minds (which is their right) on these same issues. It's called a forum for that very reason!

if you lose the attitude, the snide self-references and the personal insults, and you'll find you'll have some good discussions on here!! Whether everyone agrees with your point of view or not is irrelevent, the chance to (calmly) put yours forward and (calmly) read and (calmly) respond to alternate points of view is why we're all here - it's all in the delivery mate..

Eelementary

Post Whore
Avenger said:
I heard a little rumour that Davis might be coming after all.

And the Silly Season ensues...

Although one should note the key word 'might' as in - "I MIGHT come if you pay me one trillion dollars."

William Hung

Juniors
*edit - lets just leave the personal jibes for the playground.

Anyway- I hope Davis does come. Any extra talented backs we can get we should as our backline depth isn't that crash hot at the moment. For the record, I reckon Burt took a pay cut to stay at Parra cause he wasn't going to get more money else where was he.

Avenger

Immortal
Don't forget its the same boss who got us Tahu, Riddell, Morrison, Marsh, Stringer and Co. By boss I don't mean Smith.

Utey

Coach
IMO if he comes he wont get a run for a while but he sounds like someone really special and could gives us more backline depth. I dont mind how much we pay him since he wont be included in our cap but I dont like the idea of him not coming because the money. Incentive to play in the NRL should be enough IMO.

Stagger eel

Staff member
at the end of the day, if both party's want to come to an agreement they will, it's quite simple, it just depends on who can give a little more than they can take?

Briza

Juniors
Nice Cat fight Girls, There is a romour on your offical forum(if you can call it that) that he has walked to join Manly :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Briza said:
Nice Cat fight Girls, There is a romour on your offical forum(if you can call it that) that he has walked to join Manly :lol: :lol: :lol:

you'd want to hope he's joined ya!..your strike rate thus far has been pathetic!

Moule
Vinnie Anderson
Joe Williams
Ben Harris
Tahu
Monohan
Dave Vaeliki
Albert Hopoate

and wait for it!! this is a real ripper!! Graeme Appo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Briza

Juniors
What a Bullshit artist, out of your "fantasy" list, Manly officially spoke to the Managers of:
Moule who signed a contract but after learning he signed another was told he was'nt wanted.
Williams (thank god he signed with Sth's)
Tahu (would have been a good signing)
Monas (as above)

4 out of your supposed 9 :roll:

Nice try wally! :lol:

byso

Juniors
Goodness another player from Parra.

Smith is doing a good job as manly's no2 development officer!

Is there a deal going on that our clubs don't know about!

We give you the players that play 3 games a season. You give us solid players that put in a good effort at Manly!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Thanks Smithy!

Hurriflatch

Referee
byso said:
Goodness another player from Parra.

Smith is doing a good job as manly's no2 development officer!

Is there a deal going on that our clubs don't know about!

We give you the players that play 3 games a season. You give us solid players that put in a good effort at Manly!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Thanks Smithy!

And Parra still whoop your pathetic arses by 40.

eelsta

Bench
like they would release him to go to manly now i dont normally do this
BUT LETS ALL LAUGH AT MANLY ONCE AGAIN :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
but dont worry youve still got terry hill :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: tezza the shterrier will surely lead them to a premiership what are u talkn about :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts