What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Kerr

TruSaint

Referee
Precisely. It's mere speculation.

Sigurd, what Im suggesting is that we can only take what is said on the forum at face value. I dont know Doc, but if he says he has heard of $$$, then I have no reason to doubt him.

There are hundreds if not thousands of posts where members have mentioned a dollar figure for a player. As I am not privy to where / how / they got this information, i just take it on face value. PS many have correct by the way. Many more have also been either fed wrong info, or just guessed.

Doc seems pretty sure about the figure in mind.

Sigurd

Juniors
No worries buddy, so knowing an actual figure isnt shit unless you know every little detail about the contract?
Hmmmm, like i said, believe what you like, and dont believe what you dont like!
I really couldnt give a flying f#@k either way.
I didnt mention what i know for someone like you to believe, i really couldnt care less.
Someone asked if i knew what he is on, i said yes, because i do.
I never stated i know every detail about the contract, and to be honest i couldnt give a f##k about all that little stuff.
Lol but if thats what you need to know, then go out there and get that info buddy.
Why are you so hung up on what i know? Knit picking at every little thing to discredit what i said?
If you dont believe it so be it, move along, dont jump on and tell someone "you have no idea" because a your wrong assumption.
Now go get the info you so crave, and let it be.

Depends on how you define "little".

Sigurd

Juniors
Sigurd, what Im suggesting is that we can only take what is said on the forum at face value. I dont know Doc, but if he says he has heard of $$$, then I have no reason to doubt him.

There are hundreds if not thousands of posts where members have mentioned a dollar figure for a player. As I am not privy to where / how / they got this information, i just take it on face value. PS many have correct by the way. Many more have also been either fed wrong info, or just guessed.

Doc seems pretty sure about the figure in mind.

I have no reason and don't doubt that Doc was told that. I just don't believe the person who told him, and even if I did, without more details that figure means very little.

Old Timer

Coach
I don't know. I didn't read it. Why waste my time? I only saw this at the bottom when I read the post below yours. To answer your question: I'm almost certain it is degraded. Not sure to what extent but I think significantly.
As usual the smart arse reply when you cannot validate a point with sound argument.
You blokes are a dime a dozen on here and whilst you are busy getting your rocks off thinking how much you get up peoples noses little do you realise how stupid you look due to the lack of creditable argument you put forward.
A good example is you say "almost certain" then follow up with "not sure" and finish with "I think significantly"
Carry on the good work Freud.

Gareth67

First Grade
I see. So I am only allowed to talk about "Josh Kerr" (who I had never heard of until now but who I guess will be a dud like the rest of the Melbourne players the Dragons have poached) on this thread and if I want to talk about the bumbling duds (Widdop), has-beens (Marshall) or...something in between those 2 (Rein) in the 6, 7 and 9 jumpers I should start a new thread? Makes sense...... except for the fact you just mentioned Packer, Host, Leilua, Mose, and Simms.

Hmmmm I just feel to start many new threads makes it difficult to follow anything unless one is on here all the time. This being so, I'd prefer to only contribute to a few threads at a time. Is it ok with you?

Good Lord ! You are one angry little chap aren't you . There is absolutely no need to take every post apart and dissect it to hopefully find fault with it . Really there is no need , we all send in our thoughts and comments on a particular subject - that's the beginning and the end of it .

And should you decide to stray of the track , that's quite O.K. too .
It's just that some people are not as well endeared with the art of Rocket Science as you apparently are . Take a few deep , deep breathes and ever so slowly exhale , i am sure that you will feel much better for it .

Sigurd

Juniors
Good Lord ! You are one angry little chap aren't you . There is absolutely no need to take every post apart and dissect it to hopefully find fault with it . Really there is no need , we all send in our thoughts and comments on a particular subject - that's the beginning and the end of it .

And should you decide to stray of the track , that's quite O.K. too .
It's just that some people are not as well endeared with the art of Rocket Science as you apparently are . Take a few deep , deep breathes and ever so slowly exhale , i am sure that you will feel much better for it .

No, I'm not. You are the one who angrily told me not to talk about anything but Josh Kerr on this thread even though you yourself were talking about people other than Josh Kerr.

Gareth67

First Grade
No, I'm not. You are the one who angrily told me not to talk about anything but Josh Kerr on this thread even though you yourself were talking about people other than Josh Kerr.

Buddy , we could go on and on , back and forth with this , but the fact of the matter is that
I POSTED a reply to your comment .
I most certainly did not " angrily told " you not talk about other players or positions .

I was hoping that whomever read that particular post would realise that with the addition of Kerr to our current forward pack that we would , hopefully , be destined for success next season . With the emphasis being on ' forward pack ' .

Now that is pretty much the best that I can do , hopefully you will now understand where I was coming from

BennyV

Referee
Lol.

Our top try scorer for the year, despite playing less than half the games, would be overpaid at minimum wage.
Yes JDB is worth $700.

Maximum derp was achieved here today.

Sigurd

Juniors
Lol.

Our top try scorer for the year, despite playing less than half the games, would be overpaid at minimum wage.
Yes JDB is worth $700.

Maximum derp was achieved here today.

Just because he is the top try scorer doesn't mean a great deal but maybe it was an exaggeration on my part. I presume most guys on minimum wage are either 18 years old and yet to play first grade or are journeymen who only play first grade in the event of a crisis of unavailability in the top squad. On the flip side Mann could be be considered a journeyman (already at his 3rd club) and only did come (back) into the top squad as a result of how bad other outside backs at the club are.

Regardless, I agree Mann has done pretty well since coming back on the wing. Not a shadow of what JDB offers at lock but still pretty well. On the subject, be so kind as to not put words in my mouth please. I said "If Burgess is on over 1 mil a year, based on form from this year, JDB is easily worth 700k." Is this untrue in your opinion?

Sigurd

Juniors
Buddy , we could go on and on , back and forth with this , but the fact of the matter is that
I POSTED a reply to your comment .
I most certainly did not " angrily told " you not talk about other players or positions .

I was hoping that whomever read that particular post would realise that with the addition of Kerr to our current forward pack that we would , hopefully , be destined for success next season . With the emphasis being on ' forward pack ' .

Now that is pretty much the best that I can do , hopefully you will now understand where I was coming from

Fair enough. I hope you are right and agree about the forward pack but am skeptical about this guy due to how we have fared with other "star" imports from Melbourne. Having said that, all I want to say is that if we are still sticking with the current 6 and/or 7 and/or 9, it's going to be another long year. Maybe not as bad as this year but still not challenging for the premiership no matter how good the forwards are.

That is the best I can do and hopefully you will understand where I am coming from.

BennyV

Referee
Regardless, I agree Mann has done pretty well since coming back on the wing. Not a shadow of what JDB offers at lock but still pretty well. On the subject, be so kind as to not put words in my mouth please. I said "If Burgess is on over 1 mil a year, based on form from this year, JDB is easily worth 700k." Is this untrue in your opinion?
So very, very untrue. Sam Burgess is the best middle forward in the game. As a Souths player, I despise him but despite some poor form this year, he is a proven superstar. International. Premiership winner. Genuine forward leader - hell, he genuinely inspired the team to that premiership!

In contrast, JDB is a decent forward who started with all the potential in the world, but hasnt come close to realising that potential. Over-uses his first-receiver movement, runs hard enough but doesnt bend the line too much, and doesnt utilise his offload enough. If it werent for our lack of props, he'd be in real danger of losing the 13 to Simms. In their best form, I'd take Burgess over 3xJDB.

Even when you run through our forward pack, he wouldnt be in our Top 3 forward leaders, Top 3 of current form or Top 3 on overall career form.

Minh

First Grade
With due respect, Sam Burgess was the best forward in the game two/three years ago but he has gone backwards in a big way. I was very sceptical that he'd be the same player when he returned from the massive failed stint in Union. Most great league players excel in Union but something must not be right with him.

Gareth67

First Grade
Fair enough. I hope you are right and agree about the forward pack but am skeptical about this guy due to how we have fared with other "star" imports from Melbourne. Having said that, all I want to say is that if we are still sticking with the current 6 and/or 7 and/or 9, it's going to be another long year. Maybe not as bad as this year but still not challenging for the premiership no matter how good the forwards are.

That is the best I can do and hopefully you will understand where I am coming from.

Well that's good enough for me , at least you met me halfway and that is all anyone could ask .

I hope that you don't own a antiques stall at the markets as the way that you ' haggle ' I get a feeling that people would be paying top dollar for any thing that caught their eye !

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
So very, very untrue. Sam Burgess is the best middle forward in the game. As a Souths player, I despise him but despite some poor form this year, he is a proven superstar. International. Premiership winner. Genuine forward leader - hell, he genuinely inspired the team to that premiership!

In contrast, JDB is a decent forward who started with all the potential in the world, but hasnt come close to realising that potential. Over-uses his first-receiver movement, runs hard enough but doesnt bend the line too much, and doesnt utilise his offload enough. If it werent for our lack of props, he'd be in real danger of losing the 13 to Simms. In their best form, I'd take Burgess over 3xJDB.

Even when you run through our forward pack, he wouldnt be in our Top 3 forward leaders, Top 3 of current form or Top 3 on overall career form.
Benny V
You took the line on, bent it, offloaded and put me under the posts just love you work.lol
I know I still get tackled by you on plenty of occasions but do like playing with you if you know what I mean.

BennyV

Referee
Benny V
You took the line on, bent it, offloaded and put me under the posts just love you work.lol
I know I still get tackled by you on plenty of occasions but do like playing with you if you know what I mean.
Have...have you been drinking OT?!?!

Old Timer

Coach
Have...have you been drinking OT?!?!
If only I could these days Benny but alas Dr's orders.
I though your post was quite succinct re De Belin and Burgess hopefully he understands your explanation and gives it some credence
I remember when Jack 1st hit the top grade and promised a fair bit but IMO hasn't delivered to that expectation so maybe it was a bit misplaced but not quite sure do you think the coaches have slowed his progress or is it a bit of Peter Principle?

BennyV

Referee
If only I could these days Benny but alas Dr's orders.
I though your post was quite succinct re De Belin and Burgess hopefully he understands your explanation and gives it some credence
I remember when Jack 1st hit the top grade and promised a fair bit but IMO hasn't delivered to that expectation so maybe it was a bit misplaced but not quite sure do you think the coaches have slowed his progress or is it a bit of Peter Principle?
I saw him play a few games of NYC and yes, I believe that coaching plays a huge part in why he hasn't fulfilled his potential, despite still being solid. Only need to see how different he looked playing in CvC this year. Price tried to turn him into a battering ram, with a whole lot of crossing over behind the ruck. Didn't work. Mary seems to be trying to turn him into a halfback, to the extent where one can almost expect him to pass when he gets the ball. Doesn't work.

His actual strength lies somewhere in the middle TBH. If he could pick and choose when he plays that first receiver James Graham type role, it would be far more effective. Likewise, if our forwards didn't insist on running one out, it would give him more chances to utilise offloads. Maybe then we'd see his actual ability.