What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Kerr

The Doc

Juniors
Is that a solid $220k a year for the length of his contract, a contract that averages out at $220k a year, a backended contract, a base salary of $220k a year with incentives added?

Not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious. $220k seems like such a small percentage of the cap for a player that was initially signed to play a key position.
I dont know dude... all i was told is 220k a year.
Keep in mind although he trained as fullback he wasnt in demand as a high end fullback when we signed him.
The impression i got from the explanation is he was a "we will try him at fullback and see how he goes" signing rather then a "yes!!! We got a top quality fullback" signing.
Hope that helps.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Talk about a hijacked thread.

This thread is about Josh Kerr not about Mann V JDB
If you guys want to argue/debate the pros and cons of other players simply start your own threads on them.

Old Timer

Coach
Sigurd
All the rhetoric about what people get paid is just crap nobody here knows the facts.
You keep hassling me about J DB get it through your head I rate him as average and their is no statistic available for me to change my position on the basis of what he says and others say about his role in the team.
I have been watching the Dragons forever and have seen many tackling machines play for the club and De Belin is one of those.
Does he fill a role yes "tackling" but for all his tackling are we sitting high on the ladder over the last 5 years simple answer NO.
Has he turned into the type of forward who will intimidate and rip apart the opposition NO.
Has his personal feats as a footballer won us lots of games or turned the tide to snatch victory from defeat on numerous occasions NO.
Would I happily let him go to invest in someone else who in a year or two would be what we need YES.
Would I take Kerr and let De Belin go YES.
Would I take Kerr over other forwards doing well in our U/20's NO unless we had no chance of signing them.
So simply put I believe there is no improvement in De Belin and his best is not going to turn our fortunes around whereas someone else potentially might.
Jack was given that chance and IMO failed so happy for someone else to get their chance but at his expense.

Mann is a player who is viewed by the coaching staff as a utility.

If he is to establish himself as a first grade player he needs to focus on one position be it in the halves or full back or centre.

Personally I would like to see him trialled in the halves.

Josh Kerr is a big unit and is worth a run as a fringe first grade forward.

He has the junior rep pedigree and is considered to be a player capable of playing multiple positions.

I would prefer to see him trialled in first grade over Marketo and Matthews. Those 2 guys reached their ceiling a long time ago. We cannot assess Kerr's potential till he has played half a dozen games for us

Gareth67

First Grade
Josh Kerr is a big unit and is worth a run as a fringe first grade forward.

He has the junior rep pedigree and is considered to be a player capable of playing multiple positions.

I would prefer to see him trialled in first grade over Marketo and Matthews. Those 2 guys reached their ceiling a long time ago. We cannot assess Kerr's potential till he has played half a dozen games for us

As you said we already know the capabilities of the 2-M 's , so during the pre-season the younger brigade will certainly have a lot of game time . I just hope that there will be no ' snap ' judgements made on them by the coaching staff ( whoever that may be ? ) as they did on Mann earlier this year . As we all know that can really knock the confidence out of any player .

Packer ,Kerr , Host and hopefully Leilua along with big Mose , ( finally )and Simms and company are going to make one awesome forward pack next year ! Youth , experience and sheer aggression , is a proven formula for success .

Sigurd

Juniors
Sigurd
All the rhetoric about what people get paid is just crap nobody here knows the facts.
You keep hassling me about J DB get it through your head I rate him as average and their is no statistic available for me to change my position on the basis of what he says and others say about his role in the team.
I have been watching the Dragons forever and have seen many tackling machines play for the club and De Belin is one of those.
Does he fill a role yes "tackling" but for all his tackling are we sitting high on the ladder over the last 5 years simple answer NO.
Has he turned into the type of forward who will intimidate and rip apart the opposition NO.
Has his personal feats as a footballer won us lots of games or turned the tide to snatch victory from defeat on numerous occasions NO.
Would I happily let him go to invest in someone else who in a year or two would be what we need YES.
Would I take Kerr and let De Belin go YES.
Would I take Kerr over other forwards doing well in our U/20's NO unless we had no chance of signing them.
So simply put I believe there is no improvement in De Belin and his best is not going to turn our fortunes around whereas someone else potentially might.
Jack was given that chance and IMO failed so happy for someone else to get their chance but at his expense.

I think your constant sniping at and belittling of one of our best forwards and best players as merely "a tackling machine" to be a reflection that your mental acuity isn't what it once was.

Sigurd

Juniors
As you said we already know the capabilities of the 2-M 's , so during the pre-season the younger brigade will certainly have a lot of game time . I just hope that there will be no ' snap ' judgements made on them by the coaching staff ( whoever that may be ? ) as they did on Mann earlier this year . As we all know that can really knock the confidence out of any player .

Packer ,Kerr , Host and hopefully Leilua along with big Mose , ( finally )and Simms and company are going to make one awesome forward pack next year ! Youth , experience and sheer aggression , is a proven formula for success .

yeah right. As long as the 6, 7, and 9 in that order of uselessness remain, the team will be poor.

Old Timer

Coach
I think your constant sniping at and belittling of one of our best forwards and best players as merely "a tackling machine" to be a reflection that your mental acuity isn't what it once was.
Your opinion of him is different to mine but because I don't agree with you you then make some stupid comment re my mental acuity.
For gods sake stick to the argument about De Belin's skill level and value to the team and try and support your opinion.
For the record "sniping" is the incorrect terminology for my posts re De Belin because I am very up front and most vocal about them whereas "sniping" means doing it from the sidelines and not necessarily fessing up for it.
How's that for mental acuity genius?

Gareth67

First Grade
yeah right. As long as the 6, 7, and 9 in that order of uselessness remain, the team will be poor.

I have already addressed that subject on a previous thread , along with other members of this forum . On my earlier post , the one to which you commented on , I was speaking about Josh Kerr , the reason being that was what the thread was about , not 6, 7 and 9 , but you will eventually get to understand the procedure , hopefully .

Sigurd

Juniors
I have already addressed that subject on a previous thread , along with other members of this forum . On my earlier post , the one to which you commented on , I was speaking about Josh Kerr , the reason being that was what the thread was about , not 6, 7 and 9 , but you will eventually get to understand the procedure , hopefully .

I see. So I am only allowed to talk about "Josh Kerr" (who I had never heard of until now but who I guess will be a dud like the rest of the Melbourne players the Dragons have poached) on this thread and if I want to talk about the bumbling duds (Widdop), has-beens (Marshall) or...something in between those 2 (Rein) in the 6, 7 and 9 jumpers I should start a new thread? Makes sense...... except for the fact you just mentioned Packer, Host, Leilua, Mose, and Simms.

Hmmmm I just feel to start many new threads makes it difficult to follow anything unless one is on here all the time. This being so, I'd prefer to only contribute to a few threads at a time. Is it ok with you?

Sigurd

Juniors
I dont know dude... all i was told is 220k a year.
Keep in mind although he trained as fullback he wasnt in demand as a high end fullback when we signed him.
The impression i got from the explanation is he was a "we will try him at fullback and see how he goes" signing rather then a "yes!!! We got a top quality fullback" signing.
Hope that helps.

In other words you have no idea. It was already pretty obvious I just didn't want to state as much for fear of you turning on me. Whatever. For the input this year, Mann is overpaid if he is on a minimum wage. Maybe and hopefully he will continue to improve going forward but I doubt it. Smallish bodies have done well on the wing previously (Nightingale) but these days big bodies are needed on the wing. Mann has been punching above his weight on the wing in the last few games but he will still easily get knocked out when up against the top tier of wingers.

Sigurd

Juniors
How's that for mental acuity genius?

I don't know. I didn't read it. Why waste my time? I only saw this at the bottom when I read the post below yours. To answer your question: I'm almost certain it is degraded. Not sure to what extent but I think significantly.

The Doc

Juniors
In other words you have no idea. It was already pretty obvious I just didn't want to state as much for fear of you turning on me. Whatever. For the input this year, Mann is overpaid if he is on a minimum wage. Maybe and hopefully he will continue to improve going forward but I doubt it. Smallish bodies have done well on the wing previously (Nightingale) but these days big bodies are needed on the wing. Mann has been punching above his weight on the wing in the last few games but he will still easily get knocked out when up against the top tier of wingers.
Lmfao @ i have no idea. i know the figure, i dont get into the "so is it back dated, whats the base, is there bonus for playin SOO" etc etc.
But i have no idea. Lol. Well said. Just knowing the exact figure for certain is more then you know.
Lol you make it out like im making myself out to be someone who knows every detail about every single thing. This despite me saying i only say what i know, which is minimal, but still more info then most have so i just pass it on.
But, as most do, and yes you included, just keeping bagging the players when you have no idea of facts.
220k for our top scoring winger (with only a hand full of games on wing) and thats over paid?
Lol not much else i can say is there? That thought process you have says it all really.
He may not be a B.Moz, he may not be a Mansour, but he isnt on B.Moz or Mansour money either.

Sigurd

Juniors
Lmfao @ i have no idea. i know the figure, i dont get into the "so is it back dated, whats the base, is there bonus for playin SOO" etc etc.
But i have no idea. Lol. Well said. Just knowing the exact figure for certain is more then you know.
Lol you make it out like im making myself out to be someone who knows every detail about every single thing. This despite me saying i only say what i know, which is minimal, but still more info then most have so i just pass it on.
But, as most do, and yes you included, just keeping bagging the players when you have no idea of facts.
220k for our top scoring winger (with only a hand full of games on wing) and thats over paid?
Lol not much else i can say is there? That thought process you have says it all really.
He may not be a B.Moz, he may not be a Mansour, but he isnt on B.Moz or Mansour money either.

Could I ask you to please stop with the "LOLs"? It's hopelessly outdated but more importantly, makes it very hard to read and make any sense of your message.

The fact you admit to not have any idea whether it's including TPAs, back-loaded, front-loaded or averaged out and a myriad of other incentives, penalties or options that can go into a contract these days proves you have no idea.

To be honest, I wasn't even thinking about that after your original comment. If someone who knew the figure told someone else without permission, he or she would be leaving himself/herself open to legal action. I don't doubt you were told that but I think the person who told you was lying or has absolutely no idea him or herself.

Though you are right about not him not being on the money B.(Bastard) Morris is on. I remember the talk about "going to the Grubs to play fullback." It would be so good to see the Dragons win another premiership while that rat is still playing for the Grubs. I don't equate the two of them. Josh was forced out.

TruSaint

Referee
If someone who knew the figure told someone else without permission, he or she would be leaving himself/herself open to legal action. I don't doubt you were told that but I think the person who told you was lying or has absolutely no idea him or herself.

On the basis above, there must be plenty of lawsuits floating all the various forums, . i.e he is on XXX or I heard he is being paid XXX etc etc.

The Doc

Juniors
Could I ask you to please stop with the "LOLs"? It's hopelessly outdated but more importantly, makes it very hard to read and make any sense of your message.

The fact you admit to not have any idea whether it's including TPAs, back-loaded, front-loaded or averaged out and a myriad of other incentives, penalties or options that can go into a contract these days proves you have no idea.

To be honest, I wasn't even thinking about that after your original comment. If someone who knew the figure told someone else without permission, he or she would be leaving himself/herself open to legal action. I don't doubt you were told that but I think the person who told you was lying or has absolutely no idea him or herself.
Ohhhh right, so the entire detail of the contract must be known?
Sorry sir, but getting every bit of detail regarding a contract is near impossible for anyone but the parties involved.
But i have no idea. Mmmm says the guy who claims 220k for our top scring winger is overpaying!!!
Shows you have real knowledge that does.
Thank the lord your nowhere near our club.
And as for your not believing me, buddy i couldnt care less... im not saying what i say for people to believe me, i say what i know and if people were curiois about that info then i supplied them an answer.
Anywho.... go about with a twitter rage and get your questions answered that way.
I never asked for your opinion, and judging by your way of thinking i never will.
Good day to you.

Sigurd

Juniors
Ohhhh right, so the entire detail of the contract must be known?
Sorry sir, but getting every bit of detail regarding a contract is near impossible for anyone but the parties involved.
But i have no idea.
Mmmm says the guy who claims 220k for our top scring winger is overpaying!!!
Shows you have real knowledge that does.
Thank the lord your nowhere near our club.
And as for your not believing me, buddy i couldnt care less... im not saying what i say for people to believe me, i say what i know and if people were curiois about that info then i supplied them an answer.
Anywho.... go about with a twitter rage and get your questions answered that way.
I never asked for your opinion, and judging by your way of thinking i never will.
Good day to you.
No need to take umbrage. I'm merely pointing out what you yourself have stated again just now. Even if you had the correct figure (which I doubt due to me not believing even Dragons front office would be incompetent and stupid enough to tell a member of the public how much a player is getting paid without that players permission), what is it's backended? 220k for the first year and 1mil for each of the next 2? Can we still say he is on 220k? Obviously "yes" but it's obviously hopelessly misleading.

The Doc

Juniors
No need to take umbrage. I'm merely pointing out what you yourself have stated again just now. Even if you had the correct figure (which I doubt due to me not believing even Dragons front office would be incompetent and stupid enough to tell a member of the public how much a player is getting paid without that players permission), what is it's backended? 220k for the first year and 1mil for each of the next 2? Can we still say he is on 220k? Obviously "yes" but it's obviously hopelessly misleading.
No worries buddy, so knowing an actual figure isnt shit unless you know every little detail about the contract?
Hmmmm, like i said, believe what you like, and dont believe what you dont like!
I really couldnt give a flying f#@k either way.
I didnt mention what i know for someone like you to believe, i really couldnt care less.
Someone asked if i knew what he is on, i said yes, because i do.
I never stated i know every detail about the contract, and to be honest i couldnt give a f##k about all that little stuff.
Lol but if thats what you need to know, then go out there and get that info buddy.
Why are you so hung up on what i know? Knit picking at every little thing to discredit what i said?
If you dont believe it so be it, move along, dont jump on and tell someone "you have no idea" because a your wrong assumption.
Now go get the info you so crave, and let it be.

Latest posts