What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JT and Hagan blow-up?

parramaniac2516

Juniors
Let me remind you that Smith won the title of "Coach you would least like to be coached by" several years in a row from the player polls.

macavity

Referee
El Diablo said:
like he did at Saints??

did he leave them worse than he found them?

Saints (like Parra) have long had a culture problem - fickle fans with a born to win mentality, living on past glories and demanding unreasonable perfection. they can't look past their own arrogance to see that smith made some silk purses out of sows ears.

Newcastle doesn't have that (yet).

El Diablo

Post Whore
macavity said:
did he leave them worse than he found them?

Saints (like Parra) have long had a culture problem - fickle fans with a born to win mentality, living on past glories and demanding unreasonable perfection. they can't look past their own arrogance to see that smith made some silk purses out of sows ears.

Newcastle doesn't have that (yet).

how many premierships did Saints win thanks to Smithy's handywork after he left???

you seem to think he'll set Newcastle up to win plenty

macavity said:
“Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it” - George Santayana

JJ

Immortal
meh - he clearly made the Dragons and the Eels stronger - regardless of the absence of premiership wins...

Should he have won more premierships with the Dragons and Eels than he did? I think he did everythinghe could with the Dragons, and the Eels were beaten by a superb one-off performance by the Knights. Plenty of very fine players, coaches and teams have missed out on premierships

Stranger

Coach
:lol:, i love the Parramatta attitude of "he has won a premiership which means he is an awesome coach" and then "Smith hasn't won a premiership meaning he is useless.".

Ziggy the God

First Grade
El Diablo said:
he wone none at either

Saints haven't won one since his departure yet

There is no way that the Saints where one of the top 2 teams in those years that they made the GF under Smith. They had over achieved, but becuase he got them all the way there and then subsequently lost, he is a choker???? IMHO, that is pretty harsh to write-off the entire year because they fell one step short.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Ziggy the God said:
There is no way that the Saints where one of the top 2 teams in those years that they made the GF under Smith. They had over achieved, but becuase he got them all the way there and then subsequently lost, he is a choker???? IMHO, that is pretty harsh to write-off the entire year because they fell one step short.

in 93 they were

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/seas/1993.html#lad

JJ

Immortal
El Diablo said:
he wone none at either

Saints haven't won one since his departure yet

I know

Are you saying that he should have won a premisership when he was there?

Are you saying he's responsible for them not winning since - although the Saints he coached no longer exist as a stand alone NRL club anyway

El Diablo

Post Whore
JJ said:
I know

Are you saying that he should have won a premisership when he was there?

Are you saying he's responsible for them not winning since - although the Saints he coached no longer exist as a stand alone NRL club anyway

yes

eels_fan_01

Bench
Stranger said:
:lol:, i love the Parramatta attitude of "he has won a premiership which means he is an awesome coach" and then "Smith hasn't won a premiership meaning he is useless.".
Well after years of copping it from other supporters on that exact theory about Brian Smith, why cant we use it now you c*ck sucker.

aqua_duck

Coach
parramaniac2516 said:
Neither do you my friend.

Look at all the Quality players Smith has let go or told them they were no good.

Mateo
Hayne
Tonga
Richards
BK
Tahu
Bird
Tupou
Albert
Rauhihi

parramaniac2516 said:
Its not Hagan's fault Newcastle are sh*t without Johns
As the 1st grade coach I think it is his fault, but then again Joey did do most of Hagan's work for him, including conducting training sessions, so maybe its joey's fault

Stranger

Coach
eels_fan_01 said:
Well after years of copping it from other supporters on that exact theory about Brian Smith, why cant we use it now you c*ck sucker.

LMAO! Merkin. Grandfinals don't show a coachs ability and they don't show a teams ability.

El Diablo

Post Whore
JJ said:
:lol: up to your usual standard then... Nothing to do with the Broncos, Raiders etc having better teams?
Saints managed to beat these two "better teams" in 93 at other stages

he'd just beaten Brisbane in the last round of the regular season in Brisbane

couldn't win the big one though

JJ

Immortal
El Diablo said:
Saints managed to beat these two "better teams" in 93 at other stages

couldn't win the big one though

And that's because of Smith, rather than the likes of Lazarus, Walters, langer, Renouf, Carne, Hancock etc etc? :lol:

El Diablo

Post Whore
JJ said:
And that's because of Smith, rather than the likes of Lazarus, Walters, langer, Renouf, Carne, Hancock etc etc? :lol:

they were there in round 22 in Brisbane, weren't they?

Latest posts