What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judic - *Johns fights Grading*

Does this really open the door for other teams (as has been mentioned somewhere in this thread?)

I mean, Sharks, Panthers and Cowboys would need to win all 3 games but also make up differential.

Knights diff is +26, Sharks -9 (35 difference), Panthers -37 (63 difference), Cowboys -42 (68 difference). Now, Cowboys play the Knights this weekend and would need to give them a flogging, and the Sharks play the Panthers which will knock one of them out altogether.

Round 25 - Sharks v Dragons (can the Drags win a game again?), Cowboys v Rabbitohs (could be a big win) and Panthers play the Knights (which means double points in terms of differential)

Round 26 - Sharks v Raiders (don't think the Sharks can win that one), Panthers v Dogs (haha, but they did beat them in Round 1, and Cowboys play us.

Personally, I think that at the end of Round 25 we might have a situation where another team or two is on 26 with the Knights, but I see that final round as being the one that keeps the Knights in the finals. Would need to a major upset in one of those three games to see the Knights knocked out.

Personally, I think the Knights will finish on 28 points and in 6th place. That will leave them to play us in the first week of the finals....bwahahahahahaha

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
judicjohns.jpg

JOHNS FIGHTS GRADING

Suitman

Post Whore
El Diablo said:
Sky News reported he's fighting the charge entirely

FFS, why can't he just admit he did the wrong thing and take his tablets?
It's because he is Andrew Johns and he won't bow to anyone.

Lower and lower he goes down in my repsect.

He could finish his career with the reputation of Sterlo, but he is choosing to leave like Terry Hill - a complete and utter tool. All because of his huge ego.

Just let it go Joey - an apology today may have got you a downgrade.
I hope you now get the 4 weeks.

Suity

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
El Diablo said:
Sky News reported he's fighting the charge entirely

that table i posted is direct from the NRL... Sky news may have it wrong there...

Stagger eel

Staff member
actually it appears that his only disputing the grading which means he wouldn't be in any danger of getting that extra week would he??

El Diablo

Post Whore
eelavation said:
actually it appears that his only disputing the grading which means he wouldn't be in any danger of getting that extra week would he??

i thought it did and that's why we didn't risk it for Fui

parra pete

Referee
Conspiracy theory........
Did Garry Cook work for Tooheys..a company that own Penfolds..that sponsored St George?
What about Fred Erickson, Les Samuelson around at the same time as Keith Page...
Aaah, The old Cumberland with barb wire...those were the days..Thanks for bringing back the memories.....
Remember this poem that did the rounds.......
"I'll tell you a tale of Manly Warringah
The Club with the League wrapped around their finger,
In the Grand Final they wanted to be
So xxxxx went and brought them a referee
Manly and the League held a small party,
And there was only one guest and his name was xxxxxxxx
So up he came from reserves
Giving whoever played Manly their just desserts.
Five for the Eels, Seven for the Eagles,
And all he could say was
I thought it was legal
Up went the elbow down went Bob Jay
and in a daze he'd sent off John Gray
Up came Max looking forlorn
And told him Mate if we don't win this
Your cheque won't be drawn'

etc etc.....:lol: Nearly thirty years ago but I can still remember it...
'Things are different today, I hear every mother say'....Mick Jagger (Mother's Little Helper)

eelavation said:

Aye, if he fails to have it downgraded, he loses the discount for the early guilty plea. This would mean, if the downgrade fails, he gets four weeks instead of three.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Swashbuckling Scotsman said:
Aye, if he fails to have it downgraded, he loses the discount for the early guilty plea. This would mean, if the downgrade fails, he gets four weeks instead of three.

true as this article says that about O'Donnell

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport...om-bad-to-worse/2006/08/14/1155407732057.html

Damaging forward O'Donnell will miss only this Saturday's clash with Newcastle if he enters an early guilty plea on Tuesday but if the club decides to challenge the grading at the judiciary and loses, he will cop a two-match suspension.

Am I just a little sensitive but were O'Donnells, Poores and Lolesis incidents all worse than Fuis?

I understand the grading and charges were different but ffs if they are not as bad as Fuis I'll eat the chair I am sitting on.

spiderdan

Bench
joey will probably get off as they will find it very hard to prove conclusively that he was directing his abuse at the touchie.

unless the cameras can show he was looking directly at chechin and have a clear audio on that footage then i think johns will get off.

CrazyEel

Bench
spiderdan said:
joey will probably get off as they will find it very hard to prove conclusively that he was directing his abuse at the touchie.

unless the cameras can show he was looking directly at chechin and have a clear audio on that footage then i think johns will get off.
He can't 'get off', he has already pleaded guilty and is now disputing the grading or severity.

From the footage I have seen he is actually pointing at Cechin when he lets fly so it is pretty damning.

Suitman

Post Whore
spiderdan said:

Rubbish.

He has already proven his guilt by stating in the Sunday paper that he won't be apologizing. Doesn't that lead you to believe that it was directed at someone? Otherwise, he wouldn't have anyone to apologize to.

Suity