What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judic - *Johns fights Grading*

strider

Post Whore
fish eel said:
The paper article seemed to be Johns' manager talking things up for his client.

I'd be stunned if Andrew Johns genuinley wanted to finish in the NRL on this note.
yeah but he'll go with his manager's manipulative bullsh*t to get what he wants - done it before (bumping his salary) may as well do it again

number8

Juniors
What I can't believe is the guy has no carry over points for repeat infringements. I thought he'd been in strife plenty for such outbursts!

They must have only just now got sick of sweeping them under the carpet! He's a serial offender & has been a long time.

Stagger eel

Staff member
number8 said:
What I can't believe is the guy has no carry over points for repeat infringements. I thought he'd been in strife plenty for such outbursts!

They must have only just now got sick of sweeping them under the carpet! He's a serial offender & has been a long time.

he did have carry over points from the week before..

fish eel

Immortal
strider said:
yeah but he'll go with his manager's manipulative bullsh*t to get what he wants - done it before (bumping his salary) may as well do it again

Yeah, but I'm not overly bothered. This whole thing is the biggest beat up ever. I don't really blame anybody for pulling out all stops if it means avoiding a season ending suspension.

There's no guarantee it will work either, it could just as likely turn the judiciary against him, they might think, 'right, we'll show him who runs the game'.

mickdo

Coach
number8 said:

He has 93 carry over. That's why he was facing 3 weeks, not 2.

Stagger eel

Staff member
mickdo said:
He has 93 carry over. That's why he was facing 3 weeks, not 2.

that's right...my original opinion is he probably should of got 1 week on top of his carry which would of given him 2 weeks in all.

mickdo

Coach
eelavation said:
that's right...my original opinion is he probably should of got 1 week on top of his carry which would of given him 2 weeks in all.
You're only saying that because that would fit nicely in with the finals, now that he's been charged. That should be irrelevant. Don't forget Hoppa got 9 weeks for it in 2004, so it isn't as if Johns is copping the worst penalty we've ever seen.

number8

Juniors
Why were the carry overs not on the charge sheet in that 1st post?

You'd think Johns would cop it sweet wouldn't you? Given the sh*t he's gotten away with over his carrer!

number8 said:
Why were the carry overs not on the charge sheet in that 1st post?

You'd think Johns would cop it sweet wouldn't you? Given the sh*t he's gotten away with over his carrer!

I think they are
judic.jpg

number8

Juniors
Fair enough. I swear thats a different sheet to the one put up when I looked earlier though?

parra pete

Referee
Fair enough...If it happened to an Eel that's what we'd say .....
Nothing you can do about...Justice must not only be done, it must appear to have been done, and that is the case here, in my opinion...

Stagger eel

Staff member
done and dusted..let's get on with life.

the upside is if we ever play this mob again before the end of the year the sentimental favourite will be us by every one except Newcastle fans.