What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary rd 4

nqboy

First Grade
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18689543-23214,00.html
THE NRL last night demanded a full inquiry into Melbourne's Scott Hill allegedly manhandling referee Jason Robinson during a wild afternoon at Leichhardt Oval yesterday where Storm fullback Billy Slater admitted kicking West Tigers prop John Skandalis.

Once the drama settled, the Wests Tigers held off a fast-finishing Storm to secure a 30-28 win before 17,803 fans.

In further controversy, two players were placed on report during the game.
But the match will have ramifications today after NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley called for a full report into Hill handling Robinson. Robinson conceded after the game that Hill had touched him during a 29th-minute incident after Wests Tigers winger Shane Elford scored a try.

"There was contact between he and myself after the try," Robinson told The Daily Telegraph. "I'm not sure whether it was deliberate or accidental. I have been asked to put in a report. I spoke to Scott on the field and that's as far as I have got."

Hill was playing down the incident.

"There was nothing in it. I was just in the defensive line and he got in the way and obstructed me," Hill said. "We made a bit of contact. I just tapped him on the shoulder afterwards and made sure we were OK. I was just trying to get his attention. He said to [Storm captain] Matt Geyer there was no problem, so I don't expect anything to come of it."

On the field, Robinson told Geyer: "If I thought he meant it, you'd be a man short."

But the controversy did not end there. In the 47th minute, Slater lashed out in a tackle and kicked Skandalis in the head, who reacted angrily. The crowd started chanting, "Slater's a wanker" and jeered each time he touched the ball. Slater, who scored two runaway tries, apologised to Skandalis on the field after the game.

"He had my leg after I passed the ball and I tried to break free and unfortunately I kicked him in the head," Slater said. "He didn't take too kindly to that but I found him after the game and he was sweet. He's a good fellow and I wanted him to know it was an accident. It was one of those things that happen in a game. I don't think there will be any drama."

Skandalis said he had accepted Slater's apology.

"It's all over and finished," Skandalis said. "He apologised after the game on the field and I accepted it. I hope nothing more comes of it. I don't want him suspended. It happened in the heat of the moment. I don't mind leaving things like that on the field. It just stunned me."

Asked about the crowd reaction, Skandalis said: "They must have seen it. They stuck with me which was good. We got away with the win. That's enough for me."

Hill was placed on report for a seperate incident in the 19th minute for a high tackle on Wests Tigers halfback Scott Prince. Wests Tigers lock Jamaal Lolesi was also on report for a high tackle on Storm forward Dallas Johnson. Lolesi's tackle came as the Tigers received a penalty. But the match officials did not look at the Lolesi tackle for a few more seconds, meaning Melbourne did not receive the penalty they probably deserved.

"We should have got the penalty," said Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy.

Wests Tigers coach Tim Sheens was pleased with the win but upset his side led 30-4 before allowing Melbourne to score four late tries.

The Colonel

Immortal
shadow grinder said:
thing was chads looked intentional...

I don't disagree with that. Lashing out with your feet is also a dog of an act - regardless of intention or not.

Mr Saab

Referee
chad was intentional, very intentional.
No one tackles like that with a man on the ground.
this match review committee is hopeless.
I expect the storm to challenege both.

shadow grinder

First Grade
The Colonel said:
I don't disagree with that. Lashing out with your feet is also a dog of an act - regardless of intention or not.

well i disagree. you see players all the time kicking about and pushing up trying to get a penalty or a fast play the ball....and with a player hanging on to your feet...then an accident is bound to happen. i dont think its a dog of an act if it is accidental. if he meant to do it...which i doubt, then ofcourse its a dog act and he should be suspended big time....but i dont know i havent seen the incident...

Glenn

First Grade
Lolesi can count himself very lucky, very late/very high with a forearm to the head :shock:

El Diablo

Post Whore
Glenn said:
Lolesi can count himself very lucky, reminded me of the Hopoate hit on the Cronulla player, very late/very high with a forearm to the head

reminded me of O'Donnell

Latest posts