What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary rd 4

innsaneink

Referee
Billy Gunn said:
Did anyone hear Warren Smith in the Tigers - Storm game (can't remember exactly the takle) declare that "that takle will not have a case to answer" after it was placed on report.

I was wondering when he was apointed to the review committee.

His calls on high shots are pathetic one minute he condems a player then next he passes sentence

It was a melbourne tackle....Dallas Johnston I think on Prince....Smith was correct.

Just saw footage on Fox of Slater kicking skando...it looked pretty intentional to me.

fulltime

Juniors
just saw the slater footage on foxtel and it wasn't no accident.
it might have been a brain explosion but a dog of an act from slater to a man on the ground.

Eddie.

Bench
Just saw the footage

No wonder Skando chased him 20 metres across the field.

It was no accident.

Inferno

Coach
Im guessing someone will argue its "not his go"

Looked intentional to me.

Damn I never heard so many Boos after he scored that try, that was hilarious. Hope he enjoys his holiday.

Smith and Daley almost pissed themself after that tackle on Todd Polglase. There was nothing in it though and no one was charged accordingly.

AuckMel

Bench
He's (Slater) in trouble and rightly so.

I'm also with Iafeta. Robinson should be gone too. His handling of the game was, nothing short of abysmal.

skeepe

Immortal
I'm amazed that Frank Puletua isn't looking at 6 weeks+. He not only kicked Jason Smith, but hit him high as well.

Also, how do the match review committee decide on the gradings? Woolford gets a grade 2 careless for a soft but high hit, same as Jamaal Lolesi, who jumped up, turned his back and hit the Storm player with a flying elbow!!!!

Oh and the clincher... Paul Stringer, who's hit was just as bad if not a little worse than Woolfords... gets a grade 1. f**k me.

innsaneink

Referee
skeepe said:
I'm amazed that Frank Puletua isn't looking at 6 weeks+. He not only kicked Jason Smith, but hit him high as well.

Also, how do the match review committee decide on the gradings? Woolford gets a grade 2 careless for a soft but high hit, same as Jamaal Lolesi, who jumped up, turned his back and hit the Storm player with a flying elbow!!!!

Oh and the clincher... Paul Stringer, who's hit was just as bad if not a little worse than Woolfords... gets a grade 1. f**k me.

My guess......
Bingo-Cage-Ping-Pong-Ball.jpg

What a f**king joke. How Woolfords hit was a grade 2 is beyond me. Compare it to Willie Masons high shots against the tigers a few weeks back which were grade 1's.

It is now FACT that the Judiciary and match review comitte have different rules for different players

Timbo

Staff member
Absolute BS on Woolford.

Clinton was FALLING and hit Woolfords arm, and then Clinton dove to milk a penalty and jumped up with a smile on his face.

Cletus

First Grade
Iafeta said:
Staggering that Simon Woolford can cop a massive suspension over an innocuous tackle on Billy Slater, but Beau Scott is free to play with no repurcussion for his head driving tackle on Todd Polglase. Also, staggering Hopoate gets near life for his hit on Galloway, and while the force was different, the technique was much the same but instead of near life, 1 week? Gimme a break - Lolesi was lucky to stay on the paddock.

I thought the same about the Lolesi "tackle". It just needed to be 2cm higher and it would have done the same thing.

aids

Bench
lolesi, very lucky
lafranchi, very unlucky
slater is a grub, i think more the fact it's the third week in a row he has acted like an 8 year old that tips it for me
hill shouldn't have grabbed the ref, that's uncalled for.
woolford shouldn't even have a case to answer for.

i didn't see the incidents in the parra game, so i don't know

Cletus

First Grade
Iafeta said:
In the Manly/Chooks game, Ben Kennedy got booted in the head and had to defend on the wing while he got things together again.

I didn't see Slater's incident, I'd be interested in seeing the comparison and seeing if there's obvious difference in intent.

I thought it looked like a complete accident. Just one of those things.

Slater got what he deserve and in my opinion deserved to be sent off as it was definitely intentional but I also believe Lolesi was lucky to stay on the field and am surprised if he takes the early guilty plea he will be right to play this week. Just shows how consistent the judicary system is once again but i'm glad Slater is going to be doing some time the bloody cat. Lucky Brett White was there to stand up for him/

Raider_69

Post Whore
aids said:
lolesi, very lucky
lafranchi, very unlucky
slater is a grub, i think more the fact it's the third week in a row he has acted like an 8 year old that tips it for me
hill shouldn't have grabbed the ref, that's uncalled for.
woolford shouldn't even have a case to answer for.

i concur with all of the above

Cletus

First Grade
I just saw the Slater one and there's no way that's an accident. Pretty dirty stuff Billy.

Meanie

Juniors
Onan the barbarian said:
I just saw the Slater one and there's no way that's an accident. Pretty dirty stuff Billy.

Yeah ditto, Billy's not getting out of that one.

Latest posts