What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary

rasaint

Juniors
I really thought that the Judiciary would grade Sua and Ramien charges the same. Both grade one or grade two. Ramien looked worse. IMO nothing has changed with Judiciary despite some form of off season review and the usual angst and suspicion over how gradings occur lingers on. Are fans able to read how and why the Judiciary marks each case cited? Charge gradings determine which teams make the semis and which don’t ; more than you think. Grade two lose the player next week or more / grade one no big deal just a fine. You make your own opinion?

Sua is very important to us this year. He has been playing well when not put in the bin for minor matters. Ramien is very important to sharks. Look what happened when he was binned last night in last 7 minutes or so. One dragons try scored and a professional foul by Fifita stopped a second try 4 minutes later ( why no penalty try I don’t know ).

I’m just over it. Silly fans why go to games to watch strange adjudications when you can stay home and just turn off the game for a movie ?

Dragon David

First Grade
I really thought that the Judiciary would grade Sua and Ramien charges the same. Both grade one or grade two. Ramien looked worse. IMO nothing has changed with Judiciary despite some form of off season review and the usual angst and suspicion over how gradings occur lingers on. Are fans able to read how and why the Judiciary marks each case cited? Charge gradings determine which teams make the semis and which don’t ; more than you think. Grade two lose the player next week or more / grade one no big deal just a fine. You make your own opinion?

Sua is very important to us this year. He has been playing well when not put in the bin for minor matters. Ramien is very important to sharks. Look what happened when he was binned last night in last 7 minutes or so. One dragons try scored and a professional foul by Fifita stopped a second try 4 minutes later ( why no penalty try I don’t know ).

I’m just over it. Silly fans why go to games to watch strange adjudications when you can stay home and just turn off the game for a movie ?
The commentators were saying Sua was unlucky again. Possibly a penalty but not a sin bin. And, here he is facing a suspension, yet Ramien, whose tackle was worse, is looking at a fine.

My gob is smacked.
Obviously Su'a is a Dragons player. He and Moose and Fui will be the ones the MRC and judiciary will be monitoring in every game they play from now on. They will take great delight in banning our players because they just don't like us. It is as simple as that.

I didn't see the Ramien incident but if it was worse than Su'a's and his grading was less than Su'a's then I give up.

I detest the way we are being treated. I know that we are not angels, but we do cop it the most nowadays.

Trifili13

Juniors
Just watching the Tigpies vs Warriors and tackle by a Tigpies player was just as late and end up around the neck compared to Su'a last week and all the player got was on report and no sin bin.

It's becoming blatant that they have it against us for some reason. Maybe they are still pissed that we won 11 in a row?

Jbjbjb40

Juniors
Obviously Su'a is a Dragons player. He and Moose and Fui will be the ones the MRC and judiciary will be monitoring in every game they play from now on. They will take great delight in banning our players because they just don't like us. It is as simple as that.

I didn't see the Ramien incident but if it was worse than Su'a's and his grading was less than Su'a's then I give up.

I detest the way we are being treated. I know that we are not angels, but we do cop it the most nowadays.
Unbelievable isn’t it. First player to pretend to be injured from an opponent’s tackle in the very next game is sent for HIA assessment, for foxing!!!
You have got to be kidding. They can’t possibly be serious? 2 weeks late you morons

BLM01

First Grade

I still love going to games live and or watch on TV, especially Dragons. I cant resist. I just cant. I must watch. I am worse trying not to watch Dragons games or try to look at the result first time after F/T like a caged lion. its worse

Or, better yet, watch the AFL.
After watching the latest installment of "Leagues greatest rivalry"(TM) I turned over to the AFL and caught Lance Franklin's momentous 1000th goal and the outpouring of affection for the guy from thousands of jubilant supporters sharing the historic moment. I haven't experienced or witnessed anything like that in league since 2010 or, further back, the "Changa"chant in the Brisbane test in 1974(?).
The NRL is a shape-shifting monster - the rules change every four minutes (and even then are selectively applied), a club jersey has become a billboard with a number on it. Everything about the packaging of it rubs me the wrong way. The AFL board seem to actually *like* and *understand* their game, dig the tribalism and know what the punters want - not because they held a survey, but because the game has an acknowledged level of cultural significance.
Last night the SCG - the spiritual home of Rugby League in Sydney, the venue of historic tests and Grand Finals until 1988 - was practically levitating on the buzz of the relocated South Melbourne Swans who are now no longer invaders from the south. They now *own* Sydney. And the NRL only have themselves to blame.

Dragon David

First Grade
After watching the latest installment of "Leagues greatest rivalry"(TM) I turned over to the AFL and caught Lance Franklin's momentous 1000th goal and the outpouring of affection for the guy from thousands of jubilant supporters sharing the historic moment. I haven't experienced or witnessed anything like that in league since 2010 or, further back, the "Changa"chant in the Brisbane test in 1974(?).
The NRL is a shape-shifting monster - the rules change every four minutes (and even then are selectively applied), a club jersey has become a billboard with a number on it. Everything about the packaging of it rubs me the wrong way. The AFL board seem to actually *like* and *understand* their game, dig the tribalism and know what the punters want - not because they held a survey, but because the game has an acknowledged level of cultural significance.
Last night the SCG - the spiritual home of Rugby League in Sydney, the venue of historic tests and Grand Finals until 1988 - was practically levitating on the buzz of the relocated South Melbourne Swans who are now no longer invaders from the south. They now *own* Sydney. And the NRL only have themselves to blame.
Well said NOTB.

hewi

Bench
I’m in agreement with all the above posts. They have stuffed the game. Sin binning for head contact that is not malicious ruins the game and I turn it off. As I see it if it’s not a swinging arm or leading with a shoulder a penalty and report is all.

BBTB

Juniors
Well said NOTB.
Yes the NRL, are a f..cking joke.....
They have an agenda.
It doesn't include the FANS.
The crowds are down,& it won't be long till Foxtel starts offering less money for TV rights, with audiences dropping off. I personally can't watch a game now, with referees orchestrating games to suit TV ratings. Won't be long we'll all have to watch AFL. MURDOCH is ruining our game.

Lawman

Juniors
The Changa Chant was in Sydney in 1974.The 3rd and Deciding Test - where Changa as Captain and Coach of Australia ,became the first man to score more than 100 Points against the POM's,which Australia won.The Changa Chant was heard,during and after the Match at the SCG.

The Changa Chant was in Sydney in 1974.The 3rd and Deciding Test - where Changa as Captain and Coach of Australia ,became the first man to score more than 100 Points against the POM's,which Australia won.The Changa Chant was heard,during and after the Match at the SCG.
Cheers, Lawman.
I could have fact-checked myself, but I was in mid-rant. : )

Kolum Kid

Juniors
Yes the NRL, are a f..cking joke.....
They have an agenda.
It doesn't include the FANS.
The crowds are down,& it won't be long till Foxtel starts offering less money for TV rights, with audiences dropping off. I personally can't watch a game now, with referees orchestrating games to suit TV ratings. Won't be long we'll all have to watch AFL. MURDOCH is ruining our game.
This is 100% spot-on. Their only consideration is the next broadcast deal. I agree that the current standard of refereeing is turning me off most games. It is also getting harder to watch the redv play. Thankfully the MRC, commentators and ref bias hasn't yet intruded on the Red V women's game.

BBTB

Juniors
This is 100% spot-on. Their only consideration is the next broadcast deal. I agree that the current standard of refereeing is turning me off most games. It is also getting harder to watch the redv play. Thankfully the MRC, commentators and ref bias hasn't yet intruded on the Red V women's game.
Yes Murdoch has already stated, he likes AFL, he thinks
AFL is the number one game in Australia. So what he is doing to Rugby league is quite understandable. ( Crowds attendance pathetic compared to AFL. Knowing the garbage the NRL referees dish up week after week. People are turning away from
the NRL games in great numbers.)

Como Connection

First Grade
I was on the hill that day.
Unbelievable unlike the following year.
CC

Latest posts