What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Juniors

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
playing smarter and better football than last year. won't have the benefit of the home finals due to the first graders being hopeless, but they've got a chance.

Iafeta

Referee
Some good talent in that team. How good is Mark Ioane going? I feel for Glen Fisiiahi, he must have felt he had a curse on him stopping him from scoring, but he kept going for it and got there in the end. He's a top talent, too. I really like Nafe, ripping talent out of dummy half, but... I did note a big error from him on the weekend. After Johnson made the big bust from memory off a chip, we had a tackle situation 5m out. There was like 1 defender to the left of the posts, Nafe went right. First time I've really noticed anything resembling a poor play by him.. none the less, he is a freakish talent.

All in all, they are very enjoyable to watch, and if we get them prepared for first grade well enough over the coming years they are a good core group to take first grade a long way too. I think they have a definite chance. I don't think the forward pack is as good as the forward pack in year 1 (Matulino, Fai, Packer, Poching, Ah Mau), but they have Johnson, Fisiiahi and Seluini who all have the X factor to cut teams open in tight contests.

ozreece77

Juniors
Some good talent in that team. How good is Mark Ioane going? I feel for Glen Fisiiahi, he must have felt he had a curse on him stopping him from scoring, but he kept going for it and got there in the end. He's a top talent, too. I really like Nafe, ripping talent out of dummy half, but... I did note a big error from him on the weekend. After Johnson made the big bust from memory off a chip, we had a tackle situation 5m out. There was like 1 defender to the left of the posts, Nafe went right. First time I've really noticed anything resembling a poor play by him.. none the less, he is a freakish talent.

All in all, they are very enjoyable to watch, and if we get them prepared for first grade well enough over the coming years they are a good core group to take first grade a long way too. I think they have a definite chance. I don't think the forward pack is as good as the forward pack in year 1 (Matulino, Fai, Packer, Poching, Ah Mau), but they have Johnson, Fisiiahi and Seluini who all have the X factor to cut teams open in tight contests.

havent been able to watch as many games as i would have liked to.
Who do you think is the player we can least afford to get injured before the playoffs?

MKEB...

Staff member
Ordinarily I would say Shaun Johnson, but Zensei Inu really stepped up to the plate in his absence...Now I would say either Ioane or Necrom A (i cant spell his surname). Both have a presence, and IMO the two form props in the under 20s cup

Iafeta

Referee
I would say the player that would be the hardest to replace is actually Nafe Seluini. He is just lethal against markers that are lazy. Otherwise, I think we have depth in all positions to cover any losses. Earlier in the year they lost Johnson and Inu/Tuimavave did ok, while Seluini and Fisiiahi helped out a lot more around the middle of the park to organise things.

D

Deleted member 10972

Elijah Niko, Ivan Penehe, and the departing Siuatonga Likiliki are all quite one-dimensional players. Powerful and hard-running, but other than that, not much else to their game.

Fisiiahi is a serious talent, searing pace off the mark, and that Slaimankhel kid looks in the Kevin Locke mold - slippery, great acceleration and has a habit of bouncing out of tackles.

Seluini must take over from Henderson eventually as the Warriors impact utility off the bench, he can play in the halves, at hooker or at fullback much like Hohaia, and is nippy and creative.

Henry, Robinson and Ikhihahifo are solid workers, nothing more.

In a few years, I would like to see:

1. Kevin Locke
2. Glen Fisiiahi / Omar Slaimankhel
3. Jerome Ropati
4. Joel Moon
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. James Maloney / Shaun Johnson
7. Brett Seymour / Shaun Johnson
8. Russell Packer
9. Aaron Heremaia
10. Sam Rapira
11. Ben Matulino
12. Simon Mannering
13. Michael Luck

14. Elijah Taylor / Nafetalai Seluini / Alehana Mara
15. Lewis Brown
16. Ukuma Ta'ai
17. Mataupu Poching / James Gavet / Mark Ioane

playdaball

Bench
I guess Acks has silenced his critics.

Yep ... good to see. I saw him down at Mt Albert earlier this year and he commented that they had a reaaly bad run with injuries (worse than 1st grade). He and the team have bounced back really well.

It would be great to see them in the GF!

devoid

Juniors
Whilst it is too early to speculate that we might go "all the way" our run home is a pretty good one. I think we come up against only one or two teams vying for the eight, and with the Sharks tonight and the Eels in round 26, you would think we have a legitimate shot at the minor premiership.

ozreece77

Juniors
Seluini must take over from Henderson eventually as the Warriors impact utility off the bench, he can play in the halves, at hooker or at fullback much like Hohaia, and is nippy and creative.

I watched the first 2 seasons quite closely and i thought Alehana Mara always looked a likely type for the first grade team. Are you saying that Seluini will leapfrog him in the pecking order?

AliN

Live Update Team
Must've been.
Maybe a wake up call needed heading to the finals?