What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justin Poore ready to pull pin on Dragons

The Colonel

Immortal
There are only two of the highlighted names that aren't off contract or are no longer with us. Can't just take the money off them.....

Avenger

Immortal
The same paper that had Poore staying with the Dragons now state that the Saints have run out of money with Morris re-signing and cannot sign Poore.

Sharks are apparently favourites and the Eels still in the hunt according to Sport Confidential, Daily Telegraph. :crazy::crazy:

The Colonel

Immortal
The same paper that had Poore staying with the Dragons now state that the Saints have run out of money with Morris re-signing and cannot sign Poore.

Sharks are apparently favourites and the Eels still in the hunt according to Sport Confidential, Daily Telegraph. :crazy::crazy:

We are more likely to take a player off their hands that allows them to get him in under the salary cap.....

cgee221

Juniors
Poore will stay or go to the sharks, this has been set in stone for months...

I don't know about you stagger but I'm sick and tired of this Poore story now, it keeps going back and fourth about what the situation is, giving our fans a glimmer of hope, even though the situation is exactly what you stated.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Yep. Had no idea that Lowrie was a 300-350k player. Stunning.

Yeah - that would be stunning.

But I don't think I said anywhere that he is on 300-350k?

He IS severely overpaid - and combined with the likes of Cayless, Finch, Grothe and Inu makes up a salary total of around 1.48 million.

Ouch.

At least Finch and Lowrie are gone next season though!

Hellsy

Immortal
Someone should tell Todd he's on that much :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm sure it's news to him!!!

Hellsy

Immortal
Not really, was just stating that it is clearly a fabrication in relation to what was written about Todd's contract $$

Eelementary

Post Whore
If only your sums were correct... It's actually worse than that!

Cayless + Hindmarsh + Lowrie = 1.1 million dollars.

Hayne + Finch + Mateo = 1 million dollars.

Grothe = 250k

7 players = 2.6million - ouch...

The thing is, most clubs DO have a few players that are earning in the 300-400k mark, the big problem was that Parra had 2 of them who were not anywhere near SoO quality players - in Finch and Cayless.

Throw in the salaries of Grothe, Lowrie and Inu, and suddenly our cap is hamstrung by guys who are making SoO players money without being anywhere near SoO quality.
David Williams played for Australia, and he's looking for 200k per season - how is Grothe earning 250k?

Take back the money from Finch, Cayless, Grothe, Lowrie and Inu, and theres 1.5 million to spend.

1.5 million = 5 guys on 300k each, or 3 guys on 400k and 2 on 150k.

Imagine giving Hayne and Mateo 5 "300k" quality teammates - 2 real good props, an impact back rower, a halfback and a center.
Wow - it 'd be a great team!

Hagan really screwed up the cap situation, and unforunately it IS going to take a few years to do something about it...

Grothe played Origin and still would be had he not messed them around. Inu is a Kiwi international in bad form. Hardly overs.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Grothe played Origin and still would be had he not messed them around. Inu is a Kiwi international in bad form. Hardly overs.

I'm just saying D Williams played for Australia and is apparently "commanding" a 200k price tag for next season.

Grothe wouldn't be playing Origin this season, and 250k is far too much for a winger.

Maybe Inu's money is fine - but you get the point, there's cash that has been splashed in the wrong places - not just once or twice, many times...

Avenger

Immortal
Nate Myles outplayed Poore last night. Does anyone think we should go after him when Poore announces his re-signing with the Dragons ?

He would be about the same money.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Nate Myles outplayed Poore last night. Does anyone think we should go after him when Poore announces his re-signing with the Dragons ?

He would be about the same money.

Big NO.

Nate Myles is a legend at stepping up big-time for Origin - his hero must be Carl Webb or something.

When it comes to the week-in, week-out grind of premiership footy, it seems that big Nate doesn't deliver quite as often as one would hope for...

But it could be just the Roosters coaching staff??

I'd be nervous if we signed Myles - potentially ANOTHER cap-waster for us...

Stagger eel

Staff member
Big NO.

Nate Myles is a legend at stepping up big-time for Origin - his hero must be Carl Webb or something.

When it comes to the week-in, week-out grind of premiership footy, it seems that big Nate doesn't deliver quite as often as one would hope for...

But it could be just the Roosters coaching staff??

I'd be nervous if we signed Myles - potentially ANOTHER cap-waster for us...

:lol:

honestly mate, this mentality from supporters makes me laugh...

someone rightly pointed out recently that we have no right to be choosey when it comes to potential singings and I fully agree with them and I think Myles will look like an absolute legend at our pack.

Latest posts