What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justin Poore ready to pull pin on Dragons

The Colonel

Immortal
Judging on the game last night Poore is being overpaid if he accepts our deal. I thought he played ok but he isn't at that level yet.

PJ Marshal

Coach
myles would bring some agression and smugness to the eels which we need...the more dirty/arrogant players the better

id love us to assemble a team of arrogant bastards that everyone hated they always win premierships

The Colonel

Immortal
Kidding? It was one of the better prop debuts in recent memory. He needs to start

:lol:

Weyman and Bailey played all over him..... and as I said he isn't at the level of money we are willing to pay him yet. He may get there but we could sign two players that will do the same job for the less money.

Last edited:

planeteels

Juniors
Poore was no more than average last night..

Weyman played some great Front Row footy!!!

I'd have Nate Myles in a heartbeat.

oldmancraigy

Coach

honestly mate, this mentality from supporters makes me laugh...

someone rightly pointed out recently that we have no right to be choosey when it comes to potential singings and I fully agree with them and I think Myles will look like an absolute legend at our pack.

So you've been following Myles' form with the Chooks this year?

He's only busted the 100m mark in 2 games at prop (he plays more minutes then our own Nathan Cayless who has topped 100m 4 times). And around the ruck in defence he's been ordinary - there's a saloon passage for the opposition up the middle.

You notice who was on when NSW made their most meters up the middle last night?

I'm not sold that Myles is the answer for us at prop. Why shell out 250 large for a guy who excels in the Origin arena, but not so much for his club?
Again - is it just the Roosters - I dunno!

But I'd prefer to throw the money at Matt Scott - who would be cheaper, and is MUCH better in the go-forward department.
Or even a Luke Stuart (is he off contract? I thought I remember hearing he was).

I'm just a Myles skeptic.

planeteels

Juniors
weyman was doing what is expected of him.. every time he ran he drew 3 - 4 players into him and in the latter parts of the game was evident by the fact that the QLD forwards were so tired.. they played up the middle and tired the old legs.

NSW needs to get rid of Kite, he is ineffective at best.

planeteels

Juniors
So you've been following Myles' form with the Chooks this year?

He's only busted the 100m mark in 2 games at prop (he plays more minutes then our own Nathan Cayless who has topped 100m 4 times). And around the ruck in defence he's been ordinary - there's a saloon passage for the opposition up the middle.

You notice who was on when NSW made their most meters up the middle last night?

I'm not sold that Myles is the answer for us at prop. Why shell out 250 large for a guy who excels in the Origin arena, but not so much for his club?
Again - is it just the Roosters - I dunno!

But I'd prefer to throw the money at Matt Scott - who would be cheaper, and is MUCH better in the go-forward department.
Or even a Luke Stuart (is he off contract? I thought I remember hearing he was).

I'm just a Myles skeptic.

Don't you think Parra have spent plenty of OVERS already on the group of "Potential Stars"???

Parra need some tried and tested players!!! 23 years worth of "POTENTIAL" has got us nowhere...

oldmancraigy

Coach
Don't you think Parra have spent plenty of OVERS already on the group of "Potential Stars"???

Parra need some tried and tested players!!! 23 years worth of "POTENTIAL" has got us nowhere...

I think I agree with ya!?!?

You're saying Nate Myles is a tried and tested player at club level :?

I'm saying Luke Stuart and Matt Scott certainly are! Matt Scott is a fringe Origin candidate who always rolls forward (and has played for QLD). Luke Stuart might be a tad old - but is superb in both attack and defence in the front row.

If we ended up signing Nate Myles I hope he'd make me eat my words!

The Colonel

Immortal
Luke Stuart re-signed with the Bunnies for two years and Matt Scott will re-sign this week foir the Cowboys on a three year deal.

That leaves us really with Myles as the next best option followed by Shackleton.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I'm just saying D Williams played for Australia and is apparently "commanding" a 200k price tag for next season.

Grothe wouldn't be playing Origin this season, and 250k is far too much for a winger.

Maybe Inu's money is fine - but you get the point, there's cash that has been splashed in the wrong places - not just once or twice, many times...

You reckon that had he not pissed the wrong people off with his attitude that he wouldn't be playing Origin? That McManus is a better option?

McManus showed last night he's not up to the physicality of Origin. Grothe is. I dare say he'd be there in a heartbeat.

I agree that blokes like Hayne, Inu and Grothe are probably overpaid considering they're outside backs. But they're damn good ones imo and any of the other 15 clubs would sign them in a heartbeat imo.

Eelementary

Post Whore

honestly mate, this mentality from supporters makes me laugh...

someone rightly pointed out recently that we have no right to be choosey when it comes to potential singings and I fully agree with them and I think Myles will look like an absolute legend at our pack.

I think that was me. :D

But I reckon Myles would be a shrewd signing for the right price. I don't know about you guys, but he seems unhappy to me at Bondi.

Latest posts