What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Justin Poore

cgee221

Juniors
Poore hasn't been his best we all know that, but give the guy time, plenty of rounds in the season yet. I do believe he is a little sluggish at the moment, he will improve once the off-season weights wears off, and the affects of plyometrics training take their place, he will be fitter, have better leg drive (which I think he atm he isn't building up enough of before he hits the ad line) and have better lateral movement.

Time is the greatest asset in our season....don't jump on the Poore bash horse just yet.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Poore hasn't been his best we all know that, but give the guy time, plenty of rounds in the season yet. I do believe he is a little sluggish at the moment, he will improve once the off-season weights wears off, and the affects of plyometrics training take their place, he will be fitter, have better leg drive (which I think he atm he isn't building up enough of before he hits the ad line) and have better lateral movement.

Time is the greatest asset in our season....don't jump on the Poore bash horse just yet.

Thanks for the update cgee221
This was one of the questions probed with Stagger Eel a few days ago. It's what I thought might have been the case for most of the squad. We should see some huge changes over the next 6 weeks (preferably within 2 weeks) otherwise we will have a mutiny on our hands and then the force of the light (use the force Luke), those amongst us not seduced by the dark side, will be working overtime to extinguish the raging fires of darkness roaring through the hollow corridors of Eels supporters brains.

"WE WANT OUR MONEY (MUMMY) BACK"

booo hoo boo hoo.. tears, tears, upsets, moaning, groaning... boo hoo...

'I WANT MY MUMMY (MONEY) - WHERE IS MY MUMMY (MONEY)

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Poore could be great for us. He goes forward and I know he can offload quite effectively. I think when he goes for his next hit up Mateo should run right next to him and get ready for a pass before the line. The Sharks won't know what hit them.

ParraAds

Juniors
Poore could be great for us. He goes forward and I know he can offload quite effectively. I think when he goes for his next hit up Mateo should run right next to him and get ready for a pass before the line. The Sharks won't know what hit them.

Not easy to offload when you get smashed and drop the ball.

Juniors
i have noticed that between Poore and both Keatings they try and win the game on their own...complete hogs and not team players to date..

Como Connection

First Grade
Hi all
Saints man here.
Bennett told Poore he had been paid overs for the last two years (about $280ks a season), and didn't compete with Parra's offer and guess what he was right.
Hope you ex man Junior Paulo gets a run in the 1st with Dragons shortly.

Poore looked good hitting it up after Wheyman had the defence scattered like 9 pins, maybe he should start with fui and hit it up the player after fui.

parra pete

Referee
Hi all
Saints man here.
Bennett told Poore he had been paid overs for the last two years (about $280ks a season), and didn't compete with Parra's offer and guess what he was right.
Hope you ex man Junior Paulo gets a run in the 1st with Dragons shortly.

Me too....that'll mean Saints are struggling, and its not even finals time...

Spot On

Coach
Hmm for what we signed him for? I was expecting a ball tearing front rower that would dominate 80% of other props and rip in and be aggresive.
Your right thou he deserves some time but he is averaging 5 mtrs per hit up at the moment and that isnt first grade material

I think the fact that he played Origin last year automatically makes supporters think he is very high quality. Unfortunately he was not up to that level nor was he able to dominate in the two semis last year. I still can't believe how badly he was smashed by Nick Kenny in the semi v Brissy. Now Nick Kenny goes alright but he is not an origin prop (not yet). Obviously Bennett was not overly impressed with his ability in the big games against the big players and didn't see the need to pay him the big money.

Kornstar

Coach
I think the fact that he played Origin last year automatically makes supporters think he is very high quality. Unfortunately he was not up to that level nor was he able to dominate in the two semis last year. I still can't believe how badly he was smashed by Nick Kenny in the semi v Brissy. Now Nick Kenny goes alright but he is not an origin prop (not yet). Obviously Bennett was not overly impressed with his ability in the big games against the big players and didn't see the need to pay him the big money.

Bennett can afford to play hardball with players though because he is a proven premiership winner. What happens though when he doesn't win a comp with Saints? The more time that goes past without him winning, the less he will be able to play hardball and then there will come a time where you are either overpaying players because you need them or you let them all go and end up like the Sharks!

I am not saying Poore is the be all and end all, i didn't think too much of him at saints however, he was still better than any prop we have (except Fui of course), he was available, he has played Origin, so we signed him.....who else was there of that calibre on the market last year?

I will still give him more time because the rest of the team are playing poorly but if he still is average when the rest of the team is firing then i guess all you awesome saints fans were right.......

lawsy05

Juniors
Bennett can afford to play hardball with players though because he is a proven premiership winner. What happens though when he doesn't win a comp with Saints? The more time that goes past without him winning, the less he will be able to play hardball and then there will come a time where you are either overpaying players because you need them or you let them all go and end up like the Sharks!

I am not saying Poore is the be all and end all, i didn't think too much of him at saints however, he was still better than any prop we have (except Fui of course), he was available, he has played Origin, so we signed him.....who else was there of that calibre on the market last year?

I will still give him more time because the rest of the team are playing poorly but if he still is average when the rest of the team is firing then i guess all you awesome saints fans were right.......

Mate Im a dragons fan and Im glad you guys are paying $375K a season for him! How much time do you want to give him? For that kind of cash you need him firing NOW!!!!! Mark my words - He wont be in first grade for much longer.. HAHAHA Great buy Parra!

Mate Im a dragons fan and Im glad you guys are paying $375K a season for him! How much time do you want to give him? For that kind of cash you need him firing NOW!!!!! Mark my words - He wont be in first grade for much longer.. HAHAHA Great buy Parra!

Your comments are made at the start of the season.

Typical Dragons supporter always prematurely ejaculating about everything. Hasn't last years choke by your team taught you anything?

Go away and a have a choke in the corner.;-)

But if we are in the same posy at the end of the year then you can hammer Parra and deservedly so.

Kornstar

Coach

Prove we paid 375k for him......on current form more than half the team won't be in first grade much longer!

Suitman

Post Whore
Your comments are made at the start of the season.

Typical Dragons supporter always prematurely ejaculating about everything. Hasn't last years choke by your team taught you anything?

Go away and a have a choke in the corner.;-)

But if we are in the same posy at the end of the year then you can hammer Parra and deservedly so.

Maybe he should go and get a "Dragons - 2010 Premiers" t-shirt printed. :lol:

Suity

Latest posts