What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kapow - sandow

slammingsam

Juniors
I have only read some of the comments after my initial post so apologies if I don't cover it all. I am not doubting for one second that Sandow isn't a brilliant individual and he can break a game wide open. I have followed closely what you guys have said about him and some of you seem to get caught up in the big play and think 'wow tremendous buy'. Fair enough - I understand you guys havent had a real halfback for yonks and are excited and I'm not going to tell you how to think about him but I just don't think Chris will thrive under Kearney who has his attack extremely structured. Chrissy failed under JT because of that reason and he has thrived under Lang because Langy lets them do what they want and play what's infront of them.

If we are being totally honest - Chris plays everygame like he is in his backyard at Cherbourg. I'd love for him to be a success at Souths and I'm sure he will provide you guiys with some great moments but I don't think a halves pairing of Sandow/Hayne or Sandow/Roberts will work at all. It will provide much the same of what Sandow and Sutton has produced. You really need a steady/organsing influence outside Sandow if he is going to get anywhere in regards to be a consistent halfback all year round.

Cheers

Eels Dude

Coach
If we are being totally honest - Chris plays everygame like he is in his backyard at Cherbourg. I'd love for him to be a success at Souths and I'm sure he will provide you guiys with some great moments but I don't think a halves pairing of Sandow/Hayne or Sandow/Roberts will work at all. It will provide much the same of what Sandow and Sutton has produced. You really need a steady/organsing influence outside Sandow if he is going to get anywhere in regards to be a consistent halfback all year round.

Cheers

I particularly agree with the bolded part, I've said the same thing before myself. I the difference between Souths and Parra is that with Jarryd Hayne in the side Sandow doesn't really need to play as dominant a role as he plays now. And with Sandow in the side Hayne doesn't have to have to play as dominant a role as he plays now. So they really complement each other's style. You never really know how a player is going gel when they go to a new club, but considering the halves we have now we can only go up with Sandow.

slammingsam

Juniors
Fair enough. It will be interesting to see how Chris fairs. It isn't easy for a kid from a small town like him to move places and I think around the time of the deal he said he hadn't been to Parramatta or didn't know how to get there. Something along those lines.

hybrideel

Bench
Well he did more from Gold Coast to Souths. I don't think the big city of Parra will be to bright a light for the kid to handle. Only the expectations of the teams fans

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I have only read some of the comments after my initial post so apologies if I don't cover it all. I am not doubting for one second that Sandow isn't a brilliant individual and he can break a game wide open. I have followed closely what you guys have said about him and some of you seem to get caught up in the big play and think 'wow tremendous buy'. Fair enough - I understand you guys havent had a real halfback for yonks and are excited and I'm not going to tell you how to think about him but I just don't think Chris will thrive under Kearney who has his attack extremely structured. Chrissy failed under JT because of that reason and he has thrived under Lang because Langy lets them do what they want and play what's infront of them.

Cheers

Yeah but it is a myth that Sandow won't be able to play a structured attack under Kearney. Basically all Kearney will want is for the side and Sandow to play it safe inside our own half which is pretty straight forward for Sandow to do. When attacking the oppositions line Sandow will be given plenty of freedom as Kearney is pretty flexible I reckon - he will structure the side to the players skills etc. Early in the year Kearney had
Hayne playing more of a running game with the halves taking control but as the season moved on this changed quite a lot.

Also Kearney has shown he is willing to give the side a plan to play attacking football which was shown against the storm a few weeks ago when we attacked quite a bit on the blind side and the first game against Manly where we also moved away from a structured game.

Sandow will have no problems playing under Kearney

slammingsam

Juniors
Souths send a miner with him when he goes back home because he has admitted he has a tendency to go 'walk about' and crys when he leaves there every time.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think a halves pairing of Sandow/Hayne or Sandow/Roberts will work at all. It will provide much the same of what Sandow and Sutton has produced.

You mean massive points scored three years in a row?

Souths' problem is their defence. Not their halves.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Fair enough. It will be interesting to see how Chris fairs. It isn't easy for a kid from a small town like him to move places and I think around the time of the deal he said he hadn't been to Parramatta or didn't know how to get there. Something along those lines.

He's a grown man, not a baby. I'm sure he can handle it.

Eels Dude

Coach

That should be the least of his worries about coming here. I'm sure if he can make his way to ANZ every week he shouldn't find it too difficult to drive that extra 5kms down the M4 to get to Parramatta ;-)

It's not like he's moving to a different city.

slammingsam

Juniors
LOL I love how you blokes are laughing at me like I'm spinning shit. He said it himself last week in the papers when he went back home for a funeral - I'm not making it up. He has said it previously to like last year against the Dogs when he returned on game day as a result of death in the family. In regards to 'walkabout', Chrissy used that term and I merely re-stated. No harm intended.

Eels Dude

Coach
LOL I love how you blokes are laughing at me like I'm spinning shit. He said it himself last week in the papers when he went back home for a funeral - I'm not making it up. He has said it previously to like last year against the Dogs when he returned on game day as a result of death in the family. In regards to 'walkabout', Chrissy used that term and I merely re-stated. No harm intended.

Nobody is laughing at you for spinning s**t or even claiming you're spinning s**t, just questioning the relevance. I personally have no idea what Sandow going back home to the country for a funeral is somewhat related to him joining Parramatta next year.

SDM

First Grade
At uni I was taught that use of the term 'walkabout' to describe mental illness or unexplained absence is extremely racist.

I agree. And I'm one of the people who thinks political correctness has gone too far.

Did you get a phd in racism?

EELICIT

Juniors
images-1.jpg

Latest posts