What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Karmichael Hunt goes rah-rah

effnic

Bench
BRONCOS star Karmichael Hunt will play rugby union next year because of his burning desire to experience a new culture overseas.

OMFG!! Do reporters actually sit there and listen to these players excuses of moving to another code/club and keep a straight face when they use any other excuse besides money??? Just tell it how it f**king is for once.

Geohood

Bench
I for one wouldn't mind travelling either.. but dead set Hunt would have his whole life after 33 or whatever to go whereever he wants lol

Shorty

Staff member
What's with trying to put it on the girlfriend as well?
Settled?? Wasn't Hunt schmoozing some chick in the lav with his teammates last year?
Maybe Hunt wants to check out some French women...

Johns Magic

Referee
Losing Hunt and probably Lockyer in the next two years...Broncos are starting to look a little frail.

caylo

Bench
I think we will find brisbance will play

1 Hodges
2 Wintersien
3 Michael
4 Falou
5 ??

they dont loss to much tbh because Hodges has always been a very good fullback but they might need to activly search for a new outside back though... they can take ben smith off our hands if they want

They look more frail in the forwards.

Their lost players to the Dogs have hurt and now with Taylor going as well, they look really short of grunt up front. Pissweak effort the last couple of weeks.

JW

Coach
Yep EA, and with the extra coin on offer now Bruno better have big forwards in mind. If he even suggests the possibility of buying another f**king backrower i'll toss RUNVS onto his back.

simon says

First Grade
This will hurt the Borncs.Hunt is their 5/8......all the try assists come form him.

Lockyer is going to have to do something other than miss tackles and pass the ball to the opposition.

Should be interesting.

warren

Juniors
I for one wouldn't mind travelling either.. but dead set Hunt would have his whole life after 33 or whatever to go whereever he wants lol

well there is travelling
and ther eis travelling and get paid a sh*t load to do it

i know what i would pick

I'd like to see a "Never to play in the NRL again" stamp on these blokes.

Go for the money, stay for the anonymity.

i think the highlighted part, is part of the reason why these players are heading to union overseas they can make $350,000 a year in australia and if they are seen in public having a beer, with their girlfriend and they sneeze, they are a fair chance of being accused of assault with snot, while being blind drunk, and having their career ended because of some moron with a camera phone and hack journalists like magnay and bourbon bec

in french union they can earn twice the money, set themselves up for the rest of their lives and have a better quality, personal life when they are not playing, due to anonymity

while i do not agree with turning your back on the code that gave you, your start, i can understand why they would consider it, especially if, as Hunt has said, he has settled down with his girlfriend, and they are looking to the future,

with anonymity, he can go and have a few drinks with mates on a sunday arvo and not have false accusations thrown at him which could affect his relationship

unfortunately i think we, will see a lot more of this over the next few years

Last edited:

BGH

Juniors
Wow. A lot of hating going on in this thread. I think a lot of people are going a bit overboard, especially with comments like "Stamped never to play in NRL again".

Sure is a shame to lose K. He is a world class player and future captain for the Broncos. I'm sure the extra coin OS plays a role in his decision but I can also understand his desire to go overseas.

When me and my mates where that age we all wanted to do the exact same thing. Dozens of friends in their early twenties all packed up and moved to the US/UK for a few years to work odd jobs and travel. It's really a great age to be traveling and experiencing the world.

So although it is a shame to see him go in reality I can totally understand his decision. All the best K.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
A damn shame as a Brisbane fan. I envisioned Karmichael playing his career out at Brisbane and eventually becoming a long term captain of the club.

As for Queensland selection, with the series now won and the not-so-secret defection of Hunt to rugby, I think we need to bring in someone new to take his place. Who? Not to sure as it stands.

Suprised at peoples reaction here, nothing left to accomplish in League for him his done it all, why begrudge him the chance to go and live in France or England for a few years...... Good on him I say.

If he comes back in 3-4 years good on him his done something I and many other 20'sumthings are greatly envious of.

Latest posts