What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keating Gone?

The Colonel

Immortal
Albert Kelly
Tim Smith
K Keating
Trent Hodkinson

Kelly has done what so far?

Smith hasn't done squat for two years.

Have you any confirmation Keating has gone?

Hodko is a loss but was offered the same deal but more opportunity at Manly yet was still as early as the start of the season trying to allegedly leave.

Kornstar

Coach
Your source is right on the money

Thanks Jodeci, your input is always appreciated :D

People can crap on for as long as they want about Robson but surely no-one can be happy that he is our only halfback left at the club next year? Who else can play 7 next year?

I don't believe that Morts is a halfback so i don't include him. We must have a plan and i really hope it isn't Morts at halfback as i just don't see it! hopefully we go after Hodkinson, he is a true halfback imo.....

Goodluck to KK, i think he was just very unfortunate with injuries and had he not gotten them he may have cemented a spot sooner.

caylo

Bench
Thanks Jodeci, your input is always appreciated :D

People can crap on for as long as they want about Robson but surely no-one can be happy that he is our only halfback left at the club next year? Who else can play 7 next year?

I don't believe that Morts is a halfback so i don't include him. We must have a plan and i really hope it isn't Morts at halfback as i just don't see it! hopefully we go after Hodkinson, he is a true halfback imo.....

Goodluck to KK, i think he was just very unfortunate with injuries and had he not gotten them he may have cemented a spot sooner.

Well that is a massive shame, jodeci word is about as good as confirmed and KK will be missed. I hope someone like Humble can step up because Robson is not the answer IMO

Parra Steve

Juniors
Good luck to him. We offered him a contract and he's signed elsewhere so be it, the club wont explode with him leaving.

Kelly has done what so far?

Smith hasn't done squat for two years.

Have you any confirmation Keating has gone?

Hodko is a loss but was offered the same deal but more opportunity at Manly yet was still as early as the start of the season trying to allegedly leave.

Mate everyone in the know is saying that Keating is gone.

My point being is that we have had a golden age of producing halves and we have not kept any of them.

The Colonel

Immortal
Mate everyone in the know is saying that Keating is gone.

My point being is that we have had a golden age of producing halves and we have not kept any of them.

Golden age? Can you name me one that is a REGULAR starting halfback at any club in the NRL?

I'm not sold on Robson, though I can see what he is being used for..... and while Keating leaving leaves a hole it leaves it at 5/8. Mortimer is talked up as being a Lamb clone and that applies to Keating just as much.

The one halfback I was disappointed in losing is Hodkinson but at that stage the pathway was crowded. Kelly isn't a halfback and will find claiming a place at 5/8 difficult. Smith, well we won't go into all that and Keating IMO is another 5/8 with Mortimer and Mateo.

There is obviously a plan that is being worked towards..... let this year continue on before we worry about the so called 'golden age' having left.

As for Robson being the reason he left...... Hayne, Tahu, Hindmarsh, possibly Moimoi and Mateo may be a bigger reason behind that than anything.

eels_fan

First Grade
Dont think Ando would be letting him go unless
a) he has a suitable replacement in mind (read - not just robson)
or
b) the dogs have offered him massive overs which we cant (and shouldnt) compete with

CrazyEel

Bench
Oh well thems the breaks.

While I've never thought Robson was anything more than a fill in I haven't seen much from KK to convince me he was the long term solution anyway so I wish him well if he can get more $'s elsewhere.

IMO we are no better or worse off, we still need an organising half with a decent kicking game.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Good luck to him if he is actually going to the dogs.. i dont see him as a halfback and if noddy is leaving the doggies at the end of the season that is where i guess they will be playing him my bet is he will be fighting with ben roberts and ben barba for the six and seven spot. I am sure that Anderson has a plan and a reason why they didnt keep Kris its prob because they see him as a 5/8 and not a half i would be great if they could get Trent Hodgkinson back but i wont be holding my breath. What is Humble's main position? is it half? he wouldnt have come all the way down here to play fullback for wenty with hayne in his way...

caylo

Bench
Good luck to him if he is actually going to the dogs.. i dont see him as a halfback and if noddy is leaving the doggies at the end of the season that is where i guess they will be playing him my bet is he will be fighting with ben roberts and ben barba for the six and seven spot. I am sure that Anderson has a plan and a reason why they didnt keep Kris its prob because they see him as a 5/8 and not a half i would be great if they could get Trent Hodgkinson back but i wont be holding my breath. What is Humble's main position? is it half? he wouldnt have come all the way down here to play fullback for wenty with hayne in his way...

Humble came here as a half/5-8 and has a very good running game and I hope he can perform to what we have been told. He apparently has a good kicking game aswell but I am yet to see him play in Wenty so if any one has watched him they could possibly let us know how he has performed so far.

pedge

Juniors

f**k that good luck $hit....i hope if he goes, he ends up on the scrap heap along with that club....no offence to any1 who knows him, but im sick of seeing our players going elsewhere and killing it...and us getting stuck with duds!!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Calm the hell down, people!

The Dogs lost Jonathan Thurston and SBW and they're fine. No disrespect to KK, but he isn't half the player either one is...

fanool

Juniors
Maybe Ando thinks KK is too small for 5/8.

If this is all ture I would guess Mateo would be 5/8 and Smith to Lock.

Still Weidler hasn't said anything about this so it must be a pile of crap.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Pfft, Ryles and Tim Smith have both said the same thing.

So do many others but things change.

They go over to the ESL and then want to come home and they can't always fit into their original clubs plans.

I doubt we went hard for Tim Smith and he has to play somewhere.

Ryles was in the same situation, the Dragons had no use for him.

Delboy

First Grade
I think I can confirm that Tim Smith approached Parramataa for a chance ,and was told that there was no room for him. That is when he signed for Easts Tigers, the rest is history

Latest posts