What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keating Gone?

lucablight

First Grade
If K. Keating really has signed with the dogs how do fans feel about him playing first grade for the Eels? Is he good enough to warrant a spot in the 17? Or are we just helping develop him for the Bulldogs?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If K. Keating really has signed with the dogs how do fans feel about him playing first grade for the Eels? Is he good enough to warrant a spot in the 17? Or are we just helping develop him for the Bulldogs?

My opinion is if he is only going to be coming off the bench to play hooker, then pick Mitchell ( if he is staying).

But if he is playing as a starting half , maybe I wouldn't drop him.

Stagger eel

Staff member

than i would like him to make his last season with us a memorable one..he's entitled to be treated like any other contracted player at the club.

IFR33K

Coach
Just my two bobs worth... A bulldogs official has told me its a done deal. Hopefully Humble is still around next year.

Bazal

Post Whore
If this is a done deal, we need to sign a halfback....Robson is not a long term option, and Mortimer is a 6...

Forty20

First Grade
I'd sign Hodknson.

Bah! We are wasting our time here. Let's just man up here and face facts. We need to send Sterlo to Advanced Hair Studios. Once he has some semblance of a mop back our eternal quest to find his replacement will be over. Then he will be descend upon the hallowed fields of Parramatta and eventually ANZ to deliver us a premiership.

If we are that desperate for a different face in the number 7 jersey and aren't willing (or can't) shop around, I will gladly nominate myself as a dill and vote for Luke Burt. Can pass, kick and has genuine vision. Played the game long enough to show he is one of its smartest. He and Hayne also have great synergy in both passing and kicking plays.

That will also leave Inu his wing spot, who on Friday's performance deserves it.

Avenger

Immortal
Bah! We are wasting our time here. Let's just man up here and face facts. We need to send Sterlo to Advanced Hair Studios. Once he has some semblance of a mop back our eternal quest to find his replacement will be over. Then he will be descend upon the hallowed fields of Parramatta and eventually ANZ to deliver us a premiership.

If we are that desperate for a different face in the number 7 jersey and aren't willing (or can't) shop around, I will gladly nominate myself as a dill and vote for Luke Burt. Can pass, kick and has genuine vision. Played the game long enough to show he is one of its smartest. He and Hayne also have great synergy in both passing and kicking plays.

That will also leave Inu his wing spot, who on Friday's performance deserves it.

I still reckon that Robson can turn it around. With Hayne is our side, we do not need a dominant 7 just a linkman. Robson did that very well last year.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I would be happy if we re-signed Hodgkinson now that it seems likely that KK is gone. Id also like Blake Green back too. I must admit though, KK has the most potiential IMO.

Forty20

First Grade
Certainly there is plenty of time for not just robson but the entire team to find their mojo but should if by next year k.keating goes to the dogs (likely) and the club feels that ant mitchell or tom humble aren't ready to make the jump to first grade (who knows?) it will leave us short a utility player which in a pinch either burt or robson could fill.

Burt at 7 however allows us to field our strongest backline in terms of the players on the field.

Just a thought mind you, it is still far too early to be manning the panic stations. :lol:

Parra

Referee
I still reckon that Robson can turn it around.

He has a lot to learn in the next 3 days if your prophecy is to come true.

Maybe your timeframe is different. How old is he and how much does he have to learn?

Bazal

Post Whore
You don't rate barba?

Good ball runner, woeful playmaker, terrible defender. He offers nothing that Mortimer doesn't offer, and isn't as good a player. Green is much better in terms of Dogs halves...

caylo

Bench
we dont need a dominate half, the broncos won 2 preierships with Ikin and Berrigan in the halves who were IMO centres playing in the halves. They had lockyer and hayne could do much the same, all we need is two halves that can pass and have a decent kicking game which atm is only keating.

Mortimer and Humble can improve these, Robson shows these spuratically which atm isnt good enough. Humble, Mortimer and Mitchell will suit our game plan because they are all good quick support players and enable us to maximise on our second phase play (which atm is non existant). we cant have all these players in the team atm, Mortimer will be a year smarter next year and at that time we can bring one of the other two up. We can win a preimership this year with Robson, he just needs to find more consistancy IMO.

Latest posts