What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keating Gone?

Tizzun

Juniors
The dogs have apparently signed Beau Henry from the St George u20 comp.

If that the case, then I dont think they will be chasing KK. Maybe he will be around next year.

You serious, Beau is a good player. The sort of player we should be looking at to fix our halves issue... This to me is the reason we are always a few steps behind the Storm and Dogs, from a recruitment perspective they think years ahead.

Djay

Juniors
You serious, Beau is a good player. The sort of player we should be looking at to fix our halves issue... This to me is the reason we are always a few steps behind the Storm and Dogs, from a recruitment perspective they think years ahead.

I agree with you there, But on the other hand the Bulldogs don't develop any talent compared to us. I hope we can keep KK or find the right person to partner Mortimer in the halves for the future.

parra pete

Referee

Newcastle are reportedly chasing Johnathon Thurston..which, if successful would put Scott Duryea on the market.
As a second rower, I like the look of Kyle O'Donnell in the Sharks NYC team, (brother of Luke). He is going to be a very very good player for some Club.
Peter Mulholland at the Dogs has always had a good eye for talent. The Skull's success at St Gegs for many years is testimony to that.

caylo

Bench
Newcastle are reportedly chasing Johnathon Thurston..which, if successful would put Scott Duryea on the market.
As a second rower, I like the look of Kyle O'Donnell in the Sharks NYC team, (brother of Luke). He is going to be a very very good player for some Club.
Peter Mulholland at the Dogs has always had a good eye for talent. The Skull's success at St Gegs for many years is testimony to that.

I actually rate him for his kicking game, very hodkinson like and with a skilfull five-eight and fullback he would be a good fit. Sort of Robson like but with a good kicking game (exactly what we need)

True EEL

Bench
so what is the real word on this......are we likely to keep him?
its been very quiet in the media since last weekend's Telegraph report and then Vossy saying he might be staying after all???

throw him the 6 and say, see ur as important as Dan M.......now SIGN!!!

MrT

Juniors

Parra Pete I too watched the U/20's and thought O'donnell was a standout. What made made me choke was when they mentioned he was a GREYSTANES JUNIOR. Why isn't he playing for the Eels?

Fathead

Bench

My info is that we are going to make a play for Luke O'Donnell. Would like to have both brothers in the same team.

ouchie

Juniors
KK has to stay an eels'. Whenever his on, kris brings spark to the team and i believe he should be a starting halve along with robson.

or

KK could also be hooker as he does great dummy half runs which MK lacks and also a swift passer.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Luke is injury prone, we will offer him what he would be worth to us. He take it or leave it, there are others out there. I really dont think we need another top class back rower but rather a stop gap one. Like Galavao.

Bazal

Post Whore
Luke is injury prone, we will offer him what he would be worth to us. He take it or leave it, there are others out there. I really dont think we need another top class back rower but rather a stop gap one. Like Galavao.

Our whole backrow is stop gap, bar Hindmarsh! Benny does a job but he's not a star, Mateo is frankly totally unrealised rubbish, potential or not, Oake and Horo are completely unproven and Oake especially has never shown anything special....O'Donnell is exactly the kind of player we need, albeit not necessarily the exact player we need.

Maroubra Eel

Coach

Kyle looked good on the weekend didn't he. He is massive! Goes hard too.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
the problem with our backrow is balance. dare i say it, we are missing joe galuvao worse than anticipated, the go forward no nonsense backrower, with hindy, smith and mateo, we don't have that atm. mateo has tried to fill that role, but the one out stuff doesn't suit his game. shackleton's injury has really mucked us up too. hopefully horo can keep improving and maybe get a starting berth relegating feleti to the bench

parra pete

Referee
My info is that we are going to make a play for Luke O'Donnell. Would like to have both brothers in the same team.

Get the younger O'Donnell. He is already a good player, who will get very much better.
Plus the half back in the Sharks Under 2o team looked good too. Do a Cronulla on Cronulla and poach tem.
In the Eels, TK Amosa and Galati the hooker showed promise. O'Hanlon was OK, but nowhere near as good as young O'Donnell (in my opinion).

Eelementary

Post Whore
Why does everyone give it to Benny? IMO he's great as a back-rower - making plenty of metres and bone-crunching in defence.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Luke O'Donnell, injury-prone or not, would be a sensational signing. Tough and no-nonsense. Just what this pack needs.

Kornstar

Coach
Get the younger O'Donnell. He is already a good player, who will get very much better.
Plus the half back in the Sharks Under 2o team looked good too. Do a Cronulla on Cronulla and poach tem.
In the Eels, TK Amosa and Galati the hooker showed promise. O'Hanlon was OK, but nowhere near as good as young O'Donnell (in my opinion).

O'Hanlon didn't stand out as much this week because the rest of the team actually had a dig, last week vs the Tigers he was outstanding in a terrible team and was a big handfull for them.

O'Hanlon is a talent for sure, hope he can fullfill on the promise he shows!

Latest posts