What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keeping Count of RLWC tickets purchased

I reckon most of those were bigger than what the International Cup got to their games :lol:

So much for Aussie Rules having a bigger international future huh :lol:

But-but they got an article in a PNG newspaper when the "Mozzies" won...!

It's taking over there apparently.

:lol:

truth (the member) actually thought that Aussie Rules is moee popular than League.. over there :lol:

Not that I want to keep taking this thread off-topic but.... anyone who regularly reads the PNG press online (as I do) would know that Soccer is many, many times larger than Aussie Rules there and that about 4 other sports would be bigger in terms of popularity and participation.

Ari Gold

Bench
Seems that B reserve is sold out for the Opening Ceremony, even though it says they're available i've tried many times tonight but i get the message;

Unable to obtain the tickets you requested. The event may be sold out or the number of tickets requested are greater than the maximum available adjacent seats.

even when requesting only one ticket?

Lucky i got my tickets! I was only trying to buy them for a mate.

Seems that B reserve is sold out for the Opening Ceremony, even though it says they're available i've tried many times tonight but i get the message;

Unable to obtain the tickets you requested. The event may be sold out or the number of tickets requested are greater than the maximum available adjacent seats.

even when requesting only one ticket?

Lucky i got my tickets! I was only trying to buy them for a mate.

I was just able to order 4 x Cat B tickets and was allocated them in Bay 9.

What is sold-out is Category 1 tickets for Australia v England at the Telstra Dome.

Poul

Juniors
Just got my tickets for the Melbourne game in the mail today. I can't see any identifying numbers on the tickets which might indicate unique sequential numbers (like PAX numbers) :?

Simo

First Grade
I still dont think 10k in canberra is a good look, seems some are thinking 10k is good.

I would rather flood the game with free tickets, I dotn care, the money will be made from TV ratings and good exposure from the cup, and that hasppens with people turning on the TV and seeing full stadiums.

If we are getting 10k crowds people will laugh at the tournament again and it will continue to have negative press like the dribble from the bloke rebeca wilson.

Give the tickets away to the lower games imo.

LordLeague

Juniors
10k+ for pool B & C games should keep most of the bashers at bay as long as we have big crowds for the showpiece games.....which brings me to my next point.

I've become a little addicted to this thread, and like others here, desperately need a YAK or PAX update!

Lord League

jimmee007

Juniors
I have bought 24 tickets for this Sunday's game at various stages ad the PAX numbers are as follows

15th October PAX - 32050

17 Oct PAX - 33089

21 Oct PAX - 36497

23 Oct PAX - 40559

Also speaking to a person who works high up at Ticketek, say PAX numbers are a of the BARcode number and can start from any number but they are sequential so from the 15th to 23rd 8500 tickets have been sold but 40559 maybe not be the amount sold cause the number may have started at 3000 for example.

LordLeague

Juniors
So if we can find the lowest PAX issued for this game, we can get a pretty good estimate of tickets sold. I purchased tickets for this last year so I'll have a look at the PAX when I get home and post it tonight.

Lord League

adamkungl

Immortal
just bought a ticket for Opening Ceremony
PAX 40886
and for Ireland v Tonga
PAX 5139. Cmon everyone, more to the pool matches

The pax may not start at zero but they must be pretty close. I bought opening ceremony tickets in the first couple of days and the pax was in the 300s so I think we can assume that if every addition to that is an extra ticket sold then there's about 40,000 tickets sold, unless there are some other glitches in the system.

LordLeague

Juniors
Just checked my opening ceremony tickets purchased last year and my lowest PAX is 462.

Looks like a crowd in excess of 40,000 is already gauranteed!

Can you confirm this Yak?

Lord League

brendothejet

First Grade
well how ever many have sold the pax does keep going up with each purchase.

If we could pinpoint where it started....

Poul

Juniors
I purchased my ticket for England v Papua New Guinea at 9:30am today.
PAX number 11689
A liitle bit disappointing IMO. I had hoped that this match may go close to seeling out, but at this rate it will be lucky to break 15000, even with a good walk up. Hopefully this number doesn't include prebooked tickets for our Pommie friends on packages.

Latest posts