What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kelly Clarkson announced as NRL Grand Final pre match entertainment

bobmar28

Bench
I think the Kelly Clarkson choice is to attract the younger viewers, especially females.

I don't believe anyone tunes in just to see the pre match entertainment but it is part of the event that is a grand final.

Last edited:

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Gallop probably asked his daughter who is cool.

I think you'll find that the Gallopping Goose is likely to prance around the house in the morning singing Kelly Clarkson crap into his hairbrush rather than his daughter.
Seems about right to me.

Haynzy

First Grade
They don't show any of the pre match shite in Adelaide so fortunately I'll miss it.

77Dragons

Juniors
I think its a great choice. Big name , successful in Australia. Maybe could have gone with Jessica Mouboy in the same genre but Kelly Clarkson is very big here.

Obviously couldnt afford Bon Jovi ...

Does the entertainment change the mind of anyone who is going to the game about whether they will turn up. Dont think so but the girlfriend might be more likely to come with Kelly rather than wolfmother playing

cleary89

Coach
I think the Kelly Clarkson choice is to attract the younger viewers, especially females.

I don't believe anyone tunes in just to see the pre match entertainment but it is part of the event that is a grand final.

+1

Cant get much bigger for the price tag. Consistantly put out top 10 hits for last 5+ years. I'd say i'd know a couple of her songs if i heard it.

Lol at bringing out people i'd never even heard of, for sure that will get the kids and women to tune in. No idea.

nqcowboy87

Bench
I can kind of understand why the NRL can't get monster bands at the final, with finance and all. But the NRL could have gotten Audioslave or something. I'm sure it wouldn't have been that expensive and who gives a shit how known they are.

Cochise or Set it Off

you do realise they broke up a couple of years ago. and the thing ismorello, timmy c and wilks arent the type to try and reform for a one off token event without it being super important. morello may be a big cubs fan but hes one of those rare people theres no amount of money you could throw t him, if he didnt want to do it he wouldnt do it, shame though. i still reckon van halen opening the day with panama would be awesome or pearl jam theyre touring soon right and they got that pj20 documentary coming out, playing given to fly would be an awesome song on gf day, instead we get kelly clarkson, no offence to her but her music isnt really rugby league type music. i suppose its ike 2005 when we had the veronicas and pete murray, maybe well get two bands playing. we could get pete murray his album just came out nad i know he played soo, but from a marketing point of view, more exposure more sales, and id much prefer a double dose of pete murray than having to listen to kelly clarkson on gf day

juro

Bench
I don't see why it would cost that much money to get a band or a singer to perform at the grand final. The opportunity for them to play in front of 80,000 people with millions watching at home must be worth a fair bit in terms of publicity...

butchmcdick

Post Whore

I think robert lui has taken care of this in 2011.

carcharias

Immortal
80,000 people to see them with crap sound.

Lionel at the AFL was the first good sound I have seen at a footy gig

butchmcdick

Post Whore
you do realise they broke up a couple of years ago. and the thing ismorello, timmy c and wilks arent the type to try and reform for a one off token event without it being super important. morello may be a big cubs fan but hes one of those rare people theres no amount of money you could throw t him, if he didnt want to do it he wouldnt do it, shame though. i still reckon van halen opening the day with panama would be awesome or pearl jam theyre touring soon right and they got that pj20 documentary coming out, playing given to fly would be an awesome song on gf day, instead we get kelly clarkson, no offence to her but her music isnt really rugby league type music. i suppose its ike 2005 when we had the veronicas and pete murray, maybe well get two bands playing. we could get pete murray his album just came out nad i know he played soo, but from a marketing point of view, more exposure more sales, and id much prefer a double dose of pete murray than having to listen to kelly clarkson on gf day

I was there in 05 and I could have sworn it was Natallie Bassthingwaite and rogue traders. I may be confusing it with 04 but i seem to recall that was grinspoon.

sting

Bench
+1

Cant get much bigger for the price tag. Consistantly put out top 10 hits for last 5+ years. I'd say i'd know a couple of her songs if i heard it.

Lol at bringing out people i'd never even heard of, for sure that will get the kids and women to tune in. No idea.

Exactly, lol @ everyone here trying to turn the grand final into a metal concert.

dimitri

First Grade
I would have liked to have seen Stan Walker

Aussie / kiwi
Popular
Big League and Uniion Fan
Would have been awesome if Warriors made it too - he could have sung both anthems as well.

LOUD
LIGHT IT UP

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Saints fan

Juniors
That is a brilliant choice. She will be a zillion times better than the absolute tripe that was dished up last year.:clap:

dimitri

First Grade
I would have liked to have seen Stan Walker

Aussie / kiwi
Popular
Big League and Uniion Fan
Would have been awesome if Warriors made it too - he could have sung both anthems as well.

LOUD
LIGHT IT UP

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And hes a QLD'er if the Broncos make it

Latest posts